2021 NCAA Baseball

WBT

15 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Either that or prey are the tallest midget in their conference. This is NCAA appearances only not Omaha. 

They had 9 appearances in Omaha before 1970....

On the other hand only three wins ever in Omaha. Still more glorious a history than Texas A&M.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Guest Lobo
Just now, WBT said:

SEC with 3 of the top 4 is obscene.  Zona was robbed.

Zona shit the bed down the stretch while other teams played themselves ahead of them, they should have cancelled their final series.  They are perfectly worthy of their #5 overall.

Stanford should have gotten in over Miss. State or Tech, but otherwise Top 8 makes sense overall. 

Guest Lobo

Tough draw for Oregon.

Ours is no picnic either the more I look at it.  I think it's gonna take us 4 games to win the thing.  

Just saw Duke get the last at-large bid . Meaning Baylor did not make it.  the AD from my former school, Stetson University, is now explaining that decision.  

Guest Lobo

Like a Pell Grant, but later in the alphabet.  

That Notre Dame-Mississippi State Super Regional would be a salty matchup.  We have no picnic with Florida/Miami on our horizon.  

Our bracket in Omaha would consist of Notre Dame/MSU, Texas, Tennessee, and TCU most likely?  

13 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

The top 4 seeds should be Arkansas, Tennessee, Texas and Vanderbilt in some order after Arkansas. 

3 of those teams are going to want LA Tech, Oregon, Old Dominion or East Carolina in their super regional. You just know the 3 SEC teams are going to get good draws while Texas ends up being paired with somebody like Florida. 

It's going to be frustrating if Vanderbilt or Tennessee are seeded below Texas but get somebody like Oregon/LA Tech/East Carolina in their Super simply because they don't want a conference match up in the Super with a team like Florida. The NCAA committee had no problem creating conference match ups in softball. 

So predictable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo

Florida should have been a 13 or 14, but got shafted down to 15 to avoid any SEC Supers.  

That's a really challenging Super assignment for us.  Don't want to start looking ahead, but Gators are a very balanced lineup with strikeout pitcher and after strikeout pitcher.  

Ah well, onto the Austin Regional! 

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Florida should have been a 13 or 14, but got shafted down to 15 to avoid any SEC Supers.  

That's a really challenging Super assignment for us.  Don't want to start looking ahead, but Gators are a very balanced lineup with strikeout pitcher and after strikeout pitcher.  

Yeah well we were all worried about Ole Miss in 2018 also. Florida has some work to do first.

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It was predictable as hell. 

Now Tennessee and Vandy don’t have to play them keeping the top SEC teams safe.

They had no issue creating these conference match ups in softball. Matter of fact, Texas was just screwed with an unfavorable match up having to play Oklahoma State in a Super. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

Guest Lobo

For the record, I called that Tenn. Tech upset the day after those brackets were revealed.  

I'm looking at Miami, I just don't know they have the pitching to win that Florida regional.  Though they did take 2/3 in Gainesville to open the season.  

But I'd gladly take Miami over Florida in a heartbeat in our Supers.

Guest Lobo

Yeah, I don't want to jinx them or anything but Oklahoma State and TCU's paths to Omaha are quite possible when you look out to potential Super Regional assignments.  Texas and Texas Tech have the saltier tracks.  

I guess Baylor's path to Omaha is to drive to a 3 or 4 seed stadium tonight and try to plant some positive Covid-19 test kits all around the training room in the hopes they get the call as the first team left out of the bracket.  I wouldn't put it past 'em, they've been planting negative rape test kits for a decade.  

ALthough, they did not submit a host bid, Oklahoma State is certainly a Top 20 (for seeding's sakes) among the nation.  One of the very best #2 seeds in the mix.  Their assignment to #5 Tucson was more of a geography play than saying they're the 5th lowest #2 seed.  So that means our league was a very top heavy one, which I think we all knew.  4 teams among the Top 20, including 3 national seeds.  I honestly expect all four teams to be in Super Regionals this time next week.  And I think 3 of 'em make it to Omaha---Texas, TCU, and one of either Tech & OSU.  

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

What's this?

At one point I believe (and may have been wrong then too) that every yute in Georgia got a ride for college.  This was around the Jason Varitek era at Georgia Tech which makes me feel old. 

13 minutes ago, petscii said:

At one point I believe (and may have been wrong then too) that every yute in Georgia got a ride for college.  This was around the Jason Varitek era at Georgia Tech which makes me feel old. 

Everyone with over a 3.0 in high school.  You've implied that the program no longer exists?

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Everyone with over a 3.0 in high school.  You've implied that the program no longer exists?

There is not a baseball school on the Zell version of it.

https://www.gafutures.org/media/188153/zell-miller-grant-eligible-institutions.pdf

Unless the hope scholarship is separate. 

Edited by petscii
  • Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo

I thought UC-Irvine was the Dirtbags for a minute, which would be appropriate for Lubbock, Texas on a windy day.  But that's CSU-Long Beach.  Anteaters, also an awesome mascot/name.  

Tech is gonna have a tough time whoever comes out of that other regional for their Super.  I think Texas and Tech have the toughest roads to Omaha of the Big XII teams.