2021 NCAA Baseball

WBT

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I don't want to jinx them or anything but Oklahoma State and TCU's paths to Omaha are quite possible when you look out to potential Super Regional assignments.  Texas and Texas Tech have the saltier tracks.  

I guess Baylor's path to Omaha is to drive to a 3 or 4 seed stadium tonight and try to plant some positive Covid-19 test kits all around the training room in the hopes they get the call as the first team left out of the bracket.  I wouldn't put it past 'em, they've been planting negative rape test kits for a decade.  

ALthough, they did not submit a host bid, Oklahoma State is certainly a Top 20 (for seeding's sakes) among the nation.  One of the very best #2 seeds in the mix.  Their assignment to #5 Tucson was more of a geography play than saying they're the 5th lowest #2 seed.  So that means our league was a very top heavy one, which I think we all knew.  4 teams among the Top 20, including 3 national seeds.  I honestly expect all four teams to be in Super Regionals this time next week.  And I think 3 of 'em make it to Omaha---Texas, TCU, and one of either Tech & OSU.  

K-State was 34-24...left out...but, Jacksonville, who was 16-32 gets in...because they won their tournament....something ain't right.

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

I'd like to thank the SEC Seeding Committee for at least setting it up for the B12 to 4 corners the CWS if we all take care of business.

Damn straight I'll be pulling for Tceh, TCU, and Okie Lite.  Screw the corrupt SEC.

Go over to Tech and TCU boards and you will quickly change your mind. Fuck the conference crap

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

K-State was 34-24...left out...but, Jacksonville, who was 16-32 gets in...because they won their tournament....something ain't right.

Little disappointed not to have EMAW in there someplace but hey, maybe try to get somebody who doesn't suck on your OOC schedule in the future and those 34 wins might get you in.

• Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo

They look like the kinda guys that are gonna practice doing the upside down hook 'em sign on the plane ride down here and still fuck it up, when they get their lone extra base hit off of our staff in the Sunday game. 

I'd like to thank the SEC Seeding Committee for at least setting it up for the B12 to 4 corners the CWS if we all take care of business.
Damn straight I'll be pulling for Tceh, TCU, and Okie Lite.  Screw the corrupt SEC.

Once we took over Baseball America it was easy...
  • Haha 1

I keep seeing a ton of whining about Florida being a potential super regional matchup. Aren’t they the jeckyl & hyde of CBB this year? It seems like, if that’s the case, they either don’t show up in the regional and they’re irrelevant for Texas anyway, or they roll through the regional and then shit themselves on the road in Austin. I’d prefer to kick a random SEC team in the nuts than someone out west, but whatever. I just want to get the shot to see a foul ball hit to Arkansas by Texas with the CWS title on the line. 

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I keep seeing a ton of whining about Florida being a potential super regional matchup. Aren’t they the jeckyl & hyde of CBB this year? It seems like, if that’s the case, they either don’t show up in the regional and they’re irrelevant for Texas anyway, or they roll through the regional and then shit themselves on the road in Austin. I’d prefer to kick a random SEC team in the nuts than someone out west, but whatever. I just want to get the shot to see a foul ball hit to Arkansas by Texas with the CWS title on the line. 

Not so much worried about us beating Florida, just typical NCAA committee bullshit sandwiching a good Florida team in between (16) Louisiana Tech, (14) Oregon, and (13) East Carolina who are of course paired up against the 3 SEC schools in the top 4 with Texas. There were technically 7 SEC hosts including South Carolina who is hosting for (11) Old Dominion and no SEC hosts got paired up in supers...  Is what it is, Florida should be a fun super and should help pack the Disch. If Florida and Texas both make it out it will probably be the prime time featured supers matchup.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Not so much worried about us beating Florida, just typical NCAA committee bullshit sandwiching a good Florida team in between (16) Louisiana Tech, (14) Oregon, and (13) East Carolina who are of course paired up against the 3 SEC schools in the top 4 with Texas. There were technically 7 SEC hosts including South Carolina who is hosting for (11) Old Dominion and no SEC hosts got paired up in supers...  Is what it is, Florida should be a fun super and should help pack the Disch. If Florida and Texas both make it out it will probably be the prime time featured supers matchup.

Yeah, that's the main thing. 

There were easier draws which of course the NCAA committee gave to the two lower SEC seeds behind Texas. Florida is definitely inconsistent but they're also one of the most talented teams in the country. On any given weekend they can beat anybody. 

The big thing with Florida is they've been terrible on the road vs home. 28-7 at home vs 7-12 on the road.  

Guest Lobo

That's pretty cool. The regional host seeding for jersey numbers in a nice touch.  Obviously, I'm bias but our jerseys have a timeless look to them that's so cool.  

Army's look badass as well.  Because, well...it's Army.  

Lamest jersey award goes to Central Connecticut State in the Eugene Regional.  
"What do you guys want on your jerseys?"

"Uh, plain blue with Central written in a generic upper case font across the front."  

"Are you sure, we could do some stripes, something with CT, CCSU, change up the color scheme a bit."

"Nah, we're good."  

Edited by Lobo

28 minutes ago, Lobo said:

That's pretty cool. The regional host seeding for jersey numbers in a nice touch.  Obviously, I'm bias but our jerseys have a timeless look to them that's so cool.  

Army's look badass as well.  Because, well...it's Army.  

Lamest jersey award goes to Central Connecticut State in the Eugene Regional.  
"What do you guys want on your jerseys?"

"Uh, plain blue with Central written in a generic upper case font across the front."  

"Are you sure, we could do some stripes, something with CT, CCSU, change up the color scheme a bit."

"Nah, we're good."  

*biased

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I think the deal is you don’t want to play a super talented high beta team like Florida or UCLA. If you are talking about the 15 seed you want to play the team that is on its best day #12 and on its worst day #18. You know a steady, plodding above average team without a 5th gear. 
you don’t want to play the John Mackovic Longhorns with Ricky and Priest and Casey and Sean that can fuck around and lose to a winless Gary Gibbs team while also having it in them talent wise to buttfuck Tom Osborne and put the pause on his rain of terror. 
instead you want the plodding Lloyd Carr era Michigan team. You know- the team that takes care of business against teams it’s better than and rolls over and shows it’s belly to teams with 5 skill guys on offense and defense combined that run a sub 4.5. 
that’s my take anyway. 
I hope we don’t see them and they don’t make it out of their Regional. For all the help we got in our regional and in Omaha if we get there I hate the super regional assignment. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, chase25 said:

this.  I'd rather have any of the other 3.  I'm tired of the bending over backwards to not have SEC teams play each other in the supers.  they are the ones that have 14 teams and get 8 in.  why not have USC(who gets to host as a 2) have to potentially play a 1 seed SEC team.

That said, if we have to, we will kick Florida's ass.

• Hook 'Em 3

Interesting fact as it pertains to the NCAA Tournament as well as both Texas and Arkansas (this years #1 overall seed)

Since 2000 only twice has the #1 overall seed made it to the national title game/series, both times were Texas in 2004 and 2009, and both times Texas lost... Safe to say the tournament has not treated the #1 overall seed kindly over the years. Only twice has the #1 overall seed won it all since 1990, Cal State Fullerton (1995) and Miami (1999).

On the flip side the #2 overall seed has won it four times since 1990, LSU (1997), LSU (2000), Miami (2001), Vanderbilt (2019). Not much better odds than the #1 but slightly.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, chase25 said:

Since 2000 only twice has the #1 overall seed made it to the national title game/series, both times were Texas in 2004 and 2009, and both times Texas lost...

I know it has been over a decade but still...unable to hold onto late leads both times. Sigh.

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Anybody seen any predictions?

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/NCAA-baseball-tournament-predicting-every-Regional-Arkansas-baseball-Texas-Longhorns-Florida-Gators-165954289/Amp/

Arkansas over Nebraska in the Fayetteville Regional

NC State over LA Tech in the Ruston Regional

Stanford over UC Irvine in the Palo Alto Regional

UCLA over Texas Tech in the Lubbock Regional

Oklahoma State over UC Santa Barbara in the Tuscon Regional

Ole Miss over Southern Miss in the Oxford Regional

Maryland over Charlotte in the Greenville Regional

Vanderbilt over Indiana State in the Nashville Regional

Texas over Arizona State in the Austin Regional

Florida over Miami in the Gainesville Regional

Michigan over Notre Dame in the South Bend Regional

Mississippi State over Samford in the Starkville Regional

Dallas Baptist over TCU in the Fort Worth Regional 

South Carolina over ODU in the Columbia Regional 

Oregon over LSU in the Eugene Regional

Duke over Tennessee in the Knoxville Regional

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Homercles said:

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/NCAA-baseball-tournament-predicting-every-Regional-Arkansas-baseball-Texas-Longhorns-Florida-Gators-165954289/Amp/

Arkansas over Nebraska in the Fayetteville Regional

NC State over LA Tech in the Ruston Regional

Stanford over UC Irvine in the Palo Alto Regional

UCLA over Texas Tech in the Lubbock Regional

Oklahoma State over UC Santa Barbara in the Tuscon Regional

Ole Miss over Southern Miss in the Oxford Regional

Maryland over Charlotte in the Greenville Regional

Vanderbilt over Indiana State in the Nashville Regional

Texas over Arizona State in the Austin Regional

Florida over Miami in the Gainesville Regional

Michigan over Notre Dame in the South Bend Regional

Mississippi State over Samford in the Starkville Regional

Dallas Baptist over TCU in the Fort Worth Regional 

South Carolina over ODU in the Columbia Regional 

Oregon over LSU in the Eugene Regional

Duke over Tennessee in the Knoxville Regional

Damn they don’t even have Arizona in the regional final. 

On 5/31/2021 at 12:57 PM, clapclapclap said:

Tech and okie lite? Yeah ok. Tcu? FUCK NO!!!! Fuck them in the fucking face fucking worthless cocksucking cockroaches

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Arkansas record vs regional hosts (including South Carolina)

2. Texas (1-0)
3 Tennessee (3-1)
4. Vandy (1-0)
6. TCU (1-0)
7. MSU (3-0)
8. TT (1-0)
11. South Carolina (2-1)
12. Ole Miss (3-1)
15. Florida (3-0)
16. La Tech (2-1)

20-4.  

Florida was the only opponent that was played at Arkansas.  All the others, (17-4) on the road/neutral. 

8 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I know it has been over a decade but still...unable to hold onto late leads both times. Sigh.

went in 2009.  game 1 was a gut punch because no one was beating Taylor F'in Jungmann in game 2.  Fuck the coonasses.  and that's all I have to say about that.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/31/2021 at 2:11 PM, Cairn Horn88 said:

They said Baylor was one of the last teams out.  Kansas State seemed a lot better to me.

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah I think that is it.

The only numbers that matter in a regional are #1 to #4 though.

Yup! Once we get to the regionals, nobody cares about the season rankings anymore, just like the NCAA basketball tournament. If you're in, you have a shot at the title. Hook 'em!

• Hook 'Em 1