Cavs vs Raptors

Vic Mackey

3 minutes ago, d2o said:

that shot was incredibly difficult and he made look like it was nothing....................in the clutch.

And that's the greatness of Lebron.  Those fadeaways and that shot?  Incredible.

I will have a sad when Lebron does start showing his age, whether it's in Cleveland or somewhere else.  He's a joy to watch.  Those on this forum who can't appreciate it just suck at life.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

And that's the greatness of Lebron.  Those fadeaways and that shot?  Incredible.

I will have a sad when Lebron does start showing his age, whether it's in Cleveland or somewhere else.  He's a joy to watch.  Those on this forum who can't appreciate it just suck at life.

agree 100%

8 minutes ago, d2o said:

that shot was incredibly difficult and he made look like it was nothing....................in the clutch.

in 40 years of watching hoops, I can't remember a game winner like that , against the grain, fading away, top of his jump, wrong leg(maybe) , OFF the glass with pinpoint accuracy. Yes, it was like pregame warmup messing around. It's beyond words. 

1 minute ago, Orca of Peace said:

in 40 years of watching hoops, I can't remember a game winner like that , against the grain, fading away, top of his jump, wrong leg(maybe) , OFF the glass with pinpoint accuracy. Yes, it was like pregame warmup messing around. It's beyond words. 

It was a HORSE shot.  In a playoff game winning situation.    One long ass troll of TOR

1 minute ago, Orca of Peace said:

I listed to a podcast with Simmons & Windy a couple days ago and they remarked that it seems like Lebron is just experimenting with different stuff at this point.  Almost just having fun and challenging himself rather than focusing on the final result of the game.  

He's just an incredible player and the best I've ever seen (yes, better than MJ - don't @ me).

3 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

I listed to a podcast with Simmons & Windy a couple days ago and they remarked that it seems like Lebron is just experimenting with different stuff at this point.  Almost just having fun and challenging himself rather than focusing on the final result of the game.  

He's just an incredible player and the best I've ever seen (yes, better than MJ - don't @ me).

Yeah, a guy who just deferred to JEFF GREEN with the game on the line is better than MJ. 

Just now, Dutchrudder said:

Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

After LeBron had gone 1-2 from the line the previous time down, he made sure that Jeff Green was the one to have the ball the next time Toronto was going to foul. Green also missed one of his FTs and the Raptors tied it.

10 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Oh my god you girls are dramatic. The guy asked me how/when LeBron deferred to Jeff Green and I answered him. But don’t let that stop your little sewing circle from actually being the drama you supposedly want to avoid.

Ever think he did that to get it in bounds quickly so the Raptors didn't have a chance to set up their traps??  I mean, your point would have some validity if the guy didn't go down and hit another game winner at the buzzer? But you know what... I'm going to mind my business.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

Ever think he did that to get it in bounds quickly so the Raptors didn't have a chance to set up their traps??  I mean, your point would have some validity if the guy didn't go down and hit another game winner at the buzzer? But you know what... I'm going to mind my business.

Nah, couldn't be anything but Bron running from pressure situations

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Well first off you’re clearly not going to mind your business, and the growing trend around here of announcing that you are above the fray while simultaneously talking shit to someone else is extremely bitchass in nature. Don’t try to hide behind some false sense of superiority because you can’t be arsed to have an adult conversation where someone else might disagree with/disprove what you say.

With that being said, I question whether or not you even saw the play we’re discussing. There was more than ample time for LeBron to get the ball back from Green and take the foul, and instead he stayed OOB/underneath the hoop while Green waited to get fouled. I’ll still be here if you can handle discussing this further.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

35 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

After LeBron had gone 1-2 from the line the previous time down, he made sure that Jeff Green was the one to have the ball the next time Toronto was going to foul. Green also missed one of his FTs and the Raptors tied it.

I don't think that was by design, green was the worst FT shooter on the court. Hill, love and korver are all mid 80s, LeBron is 75% this year. Would have been smarter to give it to one of them.

Just now, Dutchrudder said:

I don't think that was by design, green was the worst FT shooter on the court. Hill, love and korver are all mid 80s, LeBron is 75% this year. Would have been smarter to give it to one of them.

Green shot 87% this year. Also, go watch a replay of the play in question. LeBron actively avoided being the guy to get fouled. 

Keep nitpicking him, because it still doesn’t make you right. Also, once Skip Bayless agreees with you then your argument is permanently invalidated. If there is a better free throw shooter on the floor, let them shoot them. If they miss, bank in the game winner at the buzzer and it never really mattered.

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Seriously, what the fuck are we arguing? I'm absolutely certain that we can find archive video of MJ passing to Steve Kerr in a free throw scenario. It's just smart basketball.

Jeff Green = Steve Kerr from the foul line?! What?! And I said it was smart basketball from the jump, but it’s also no something that any other GOAT-level player would ever do, mainly because none of them are as bad at shooting clutch FTs as LeBron is. He was something like 14-24 this series when he decided to defer to Green.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Fuck You 1

You said journeyman. But fine, I know there's video of him deferring to John Paxson as well.

It's just a weird hill to die on. It's perfectly acceptable to view MJ as better with the game on the line...but to lock in on a couple of missed free throws (or free throws not taken) to come to this conclusion--when he's proving time and time again to be every bit as clutch, and then some, with actual defenders--seems disingenuous.

It would be like me arguing that LeBron is better with the game on the line because he's more useful in the specific situation of being down by 3 late.

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You said journeyman. But fine, I know there's video of him deferring to John Paxson as well.

It's just a weird hill to die on. It's perfectly acceptable to view MJ as better with the game on the line...but to lock in on a couple of missed free throws (or free throws not taken) to come to this conclusion--when he's proving time and time again to be every bit as clutch, and then some, with actual defenders--seems disingenuous.

It would be like me arguing that LeBron is better with the game on the line because he's more useful in the specific situation of being down by 3 late.

It’s not a hill to die on, it’s a legitimate point when parsing through the differences of these GOAT-type players. Being poor at clutch FTs is a huge knock against LeBron in that argument. Y’all can keep acting like I said something outlandish, but at the end of the day it’s a pretty obvious and unarguable take. If your life was on the line and you needed two made FTs to save you, who do you want taking them? The only answer is MJ. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Fuck You 1

Your argument wasn't that MJ is a better free throw shooter than LeBron. That's obvious. Your argument was that LeBron's comparably poor foul shooting immediately disqualifies him from the conversation of being better with the game on the line. Which is silly.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Sorry, I was looking at playoff stats, not regular season. Everyone on the floor at the end, but Lebron, was an 80%+ FT shooter. He could give it to whoever, it didn't matter, they were a better option than him for the FTs. It's the smart play. 

5 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Well first off you’re clearly not going to mind your business, and the growing trend around here of announcing that you are above the fray while simultaneously talking shit to someone else is extremely bitchass in nature. Don’t try to hide behind some false sense of superiority because you can’t be arsed to have an adult conversation where someone else might disagree with/disprove what you say.

With that being said, I question whether or not you even saw the play we’re discussing. There was more than ample time for LeBron to get the ball back from Green and take the foul, and instead he stayed OOB/underneath the hoop while Green waited to get fouled. I’ll still be here if you can handle discussing this further.

Everything you do should be to avoid the trap. You sprint out of bounds to throw it in, and you get it across the timeline as fast as possible. Any slowdown allows the defense to set up the trap. Lebron looked to be the only Cav that recognized that, and Jeff Green def shouldn't stand there and wait for Lebron to come get the ball. Lebron coming over to get the ball brings another defender to trap the ball. You force the defender to run all the way over to you, and if you can you advance the ball to the man the defender vacated. Burn as much clock as you can in a situation like that. Leave them as little time to operate as humanly possible.

What's weird about the comment is that the same man you are saying didn't want the ball then came back to beat a albeit weak double team to get it, and then confidently hit a full speed, one-legged, one-handed banker from the left side of the floor for his second game winner of these playoffs. I tell my employees, if you are looking for a negative you will always find one. In this case your narrative is "Lebron isn't clutch", and you were looking for anything to support that narrative regardless of the evidence to the contrary.

I mean I would still take MJ for titles and killer instinct and leadership but no denying how amazing of a shot that was. Lebron is still top 3 ever and probably the most dominant athlete on the court we will ever see, but MJ and Kobe just had that killer instinct that I personally would want to start a franchise with. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Message Board User said:

The better than MJ stuff is just fucking retarded. 

10 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

It’s not a hill to die on, it’s a legitimate point when parsing through the differences of these GOAT-type players. Being poor at clutch FTs is a huge knock against LeBron in that argument. Y’all can keep acting like I said something outlandish, but at the end of the day it’s a pretty obvious and unarguable take. If your life was on the line and you needed two made FTs to save you, who do you want taking them? The only answer is MJ. 

Ummm, Reggie Miller is the answer to that question. MJ wasn’t that great a post season free throw shooter either just for the record.