Cavs vs Raptors

Vic Mackey

10 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Nobody? Yeah, that’s what I thought. Everybody talking that shit last night saying that LeBron didn’t *clearly* avoid getting the ball in that situation can go ahead and eat crow whenever they want.

You see what you want to. If you played any basketball you would know that you space the floor on a play like that. The last thing you do is run to the ball carrier and bring your man who will instantly trap him. But by all means, keep on pushing your agenda.

You see what you want to. If you played any basketball you would know that you space the floor on a play like that. The last thing you do is run to the ball carrier and bring your man who will instantly trap him. But by all means, keep on pushing your agenda.

Lmao, yeah, I’m the one seeing what I want to. If LeBron wanted the ball he would have stepped in bounds and called for it, or simply waited for someone else to throw it in to him. That’s SOP in that situation. You can even see that Jeff Green wasn’t expecting to be the one dribbling the time off the clock. He just froze. I’m not going to argue with you in this anymore, but it’s hilarious that you would accuse someone else of “seeing what they want to” after having that video posted.
  • Fuck You 1

11 hours ago, aggie08 said:

There is absolutely zero debate between Kobe or LeBron. At best, Kobe just barely sneaks in to the Top 10 All-Time list.

The "brutal" East is highly overstated during MJ's era. Yes, it's more competitive than it is now, but his main rivals were the Ewing/Starks/Oak Knicks and the Miller/Jackson/Smits Pacers. Not exactly murderers' row. They had guys to play physical ball, but absolutely no one on MJ's planet as a basketball player. MJ had to wait until the Celtics and Pistons were on the downswing to take his turn in a little bit of a watered-down league fresh off expansion.

And he never played Finals' opponents in the same realm as the Warriors or even the "beautiful game" Spurs.

This is the correct answer.

49 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Lmao, yeah, I’m the one seeing what I want to. If LeBron wanted the ball he would have stepped in bounds and called for it, or simply waited for someone else to throw it in to him. That’s SOP in that situation. You can even see that Jeff Green wasn’t expecting to be the one dribbling the time off the clock. He just froze. I’m not going to argue with you in this anymore, but it’s hilarious that you would accuse someone else of “seeing what they want to” after having that video posted.

I explained it to you. The defense wants to set up a trap and their ideal scenario would be to get you to turn the ball over. That gets them a shot at the basket without trading points from free throw shooting. So you want to get the ball in fast before the D has a chance to set up. You see in the video while they are looking at each other to see where they need to be lined up, Lebron recognizes the situation and sprints to throw the ball in before that can happen. That is smart basketball by him. Now Green has the ball, and the D doesn't know what to do. The last thing you want to do is come and try and take the ball from him and bring your defender who WILL jump off of you and trap him. You see JR Smith make this mistake at the end of the video, and sure enough his man jumps right off him and goes to Green.

I say you see what you want to see because what you are suggesting Lebron do in that situation is the exact opposite of what you are taught to do in a late game foul scenario.

• Like 1

More interesting than this pointless Lebron debate is watching the Raptors implode in full view....  The Raptors have made the playoffs the last 5 years, winning their division 4 out of those years and improving to the best record in the conference this year.  But they still felt like pretenders to a portion of the basketball watching world (including myself).  They have some really nice pieces.  Derozan is a very nice 2 way player although I think he's probably maxed out his game.  Valanicious is a growing into a nice big man.  Kyle Lowry is a bit too inefficient for my tastes but there's no doubt he's a really good player.  They have not 1 but 2 really interesting young bench pieces that could really help a rotation going forward.  Yet, they seem like this is going to be the best version of this team and it's not nearly good enough.  They don't have enough creators.  They need another 3 and D guy, and they're "superstars" aren't really good enough to be counted on to carry a team in the playoffs. 

The Raptors seem like a ready made supporting cast for a top 7-8 player to step in and make a run yet somehow they're almost 20 million above the salary cap and barely below the luxury cap.  Unless someone wants to take on Serge Ibaka's contract (they don't), they've sort of topped out..... And now comes the decision of a desperate coach and team.... benching one of the stars in the playoffs.  DeRozan was benched in game 3 for the entire 4th quarter.  He was having a poor game but seems like a bold move by DCasey or at minimum, a desperate one.  Casey has been the coach for 7 years and patiently watched their maturation as a team, but benching DD is a huge power play.  To his credit, DD hasn't publicly been critical but I'm not we've heard the last of this..... Casey may have just signed his pink slip although unless they're going to go out and get Kerr or Stevens, I don't think a coaching change will really affect their fortunes.  The other option is, knowing they won't win a ship as currently constituted, to blow it up.  Try and trade Lowry and his max contract (yuck) to get cap room.  Maybe attach a pick to Ibaka's contract?  They have to try and do something because time is ticking because Lowry is 32.  They can probably run it back (financially) next year and hope Lebron moves on and they can catch Boston but.... can they?  

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23419189/demar-derozan-toronto-raptors-frustrated-being-benched-poor-play-game-3

Regardless..... it was laughable that some had the Raptors as a top 5 team in the league....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

More interesting than this pointless Lebron debate is watching the Raptors implode in full view....  The Raptors have made the playoffs the last 5 years, winning their division 4 out of those years and improving to the best record in the conference this year.  But they still felt like pretenders to a portion of the basketball watching world (including myself).  They have some really nice pieces.  Derozan is a very nice 2 way player although I think he's probably maxed out his game.  Valanicious is a growing into a nice big man.  Kyle Lowry is a bit too inefficient for my tastes but there's no doubt he's a really good player.  They have not 1 but 2 really interesting young bench pieces that could really help a rotation going forward.  Yet, they seem like this is going to be the best version of this team and it's not nearly good enough.  They don't have enough creators.  They need another 3 and D guy, and they're "superstars" aren't really good enough to be counted on to carry a team in the playoffs. 

The Raptors seem like a ready made supporting cast for a top 7-8 player to step in and make a run yet somehow they're almost 20 million above the salary cap and barely below the luxury cap.  Unless someone wants to take on Serge Ibaka's contract (they don't), they've sort of topped out..... And now comes the decision of a desperate coach and team.... benching one of the stars in the playoffs.  DeRozan was benched in game 3 for the entire 4th quarter.  He was having a poor game but seems like a bold move by DCasey or at minimum, a desperate one.  Casey has been the coach for 7 years and patiently watched their maturation as a team, but benching DD is a huge power play.  To his credit, DD hasn't publicly been critical but I'm not we've heard the last of this..... Casey may have just signed his pink slip although unless they're going to go out and get Kerr or Stevens, I don't think a coaching change will really affect their fortunes.  The other option is, knowing they won't win a ship as currently constituted, to blow it up.  Try and trade Lowry and his max contract (yuck) to get cap room.  Maybe attach a pick to Ibaka's contract?  They have to try and do something because time is ticking because Lowry is 32.  They can probably run it back (financially) next year and hope Lebron moves on and they can catch Boston but.... can they?  

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23419189/demar-derozan-toronto-raptors-frustrated-being-benched-poor-play-game-3

Regardless..... it was laughable that some had the Raptors as a top 5 team in the league....

Derozan is the classic example of the inequity that the max contract creates - he's really good, but he doesn't bring nearly the same value to a team that a James Harden might.

11 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

I'm not crazy, all of you are crazy!

Just now, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Oh you are the maddest!!!! Wow! I love it though, keep it up. Let LeBron's success eat at you and his good play hurt; we are all laughing.

Haha.....no it really doesn't. I just think he's a giant douche, and I'm laughing at all the Lebron cum guzzlers like you. What's also funny is you worrying about what sports figures or teams I don't like. Why do you even care? .....So fucking weird.I also happen to hate OU and A&M. Does that bother you too?

12 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Haha.....no it really doesn't. I just think he's a giant douche, and I'm laughing at all the Lebron cum guzzlers like you. What's also funny is you worrying about what sports figures or teams I don't like. Why do you even care? .....So fucking weird.I also happen to hate OU and A&M. Does that bother you too?

I always laugh when people who make a point of telling everyone in earshot how much they hate <x person> every chance they get start acting like little bitches with skinned knees every time they get called out on it.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

I always laugh when people who make a point of telling everyone in earshot how much they hate <x person> every chance they get start acting like little bitches with skinned knees every time they get called out on it.

Called on it? Every sports fan has teams and players they hate. I hate Baker Mayfield, too. Who fucking cares?  The thin skinned bitches are people like you who worry about who other sports fans like or don't like. 

I've always said that LeBron's 7 (about to be 8 ) straight Finals trips is overrated as a basketball accomplishment, being that his team has been the favorite in every series, and only one Eastern opponent in the run has had even one arguable Top 10 player (Noah and/or Rose in what seems like a lifetime ago)...

...but, holy shit, is it an amazing physical and mental endurance accomplishment. Playing 100+ games a year is fucking hard, especially with his workload. The Lakers and Celtics had down years. Jordan was emotionally drained after both 3-peats. The Spurs never made it to 3 in a row. The Warriors have looked bored, tired, and disinterested all season.

I think you could put any of the other top 5 players (Harden, Steph, KD, Kawhi)--in one of their peak seasons--on those Cleveland/Miami teams and still make the Finals in a given year. But absolutely no one else--perhaps in basketball history--could do it half a dozen times in a row. They'd tweak a knee, twist an ankle (missing half of a series is a luxury LeBron doesn't have), or simply have a relatively down playoffs under the load of that many games.

12 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Wow, you need a psychiatrist. This has gone from hilarious because you are having to undergo some sports misery due to your irrational hate and unhealthy emotional investment to something more sinister. Have you ever thought about harming others or yourself?

Lulz

Just now, immortal13 said:

Definitely borderline, but a flagrant 2 is justified. Sad that the Raptors didn't even put up a real fight in an elimination game. 

By the letter, sure but watching that in real time it sure didn't seem like it.

No matter, not like DeRozan has been making a positive impact for the Raps. Disappointing.

I'm good with the flagrant 2, I think that shit should be called more often. The guy had a clear path to the basket and gets hit from behind, with no intention of getting the ball. Fuck that shit, and fuck all these dumbass NBA refs and management people that would rather have free throws than highlight reel dunks. Teach the players a lesson, just let it happen when you get beat, don't be pulling some bullshit to make them "earn" 2 points when they clearly beat you to it. Call it like it is written in the rules, and let the game flow naturally. People's enjoyment would increase a ton if they did that.

Edited by Dutchrudder