Cavs vs Raptors

Vic Mackey

3 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

DD at that salary?  No thanks.

derozan is a good player.  he's not a top 2 player on a championship team, but the clippers have exactly 0 long term players who are at his level and i don't see balmer being the type of owner who is ok with missing the playoffs every year.  if they could get him for whatever off their roster and only 1 of their 2 lottery picks, they should do it.

4 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

derozan is a good player.  he's not a top 2 player on a championship team, but the clippers have exactly 0 long term players who are at his level and i don't see balmer being the type of owner who is ok with missing the playoffs every year.  if they could get him for whatever off their roster and only 1 of their 2 lottery picks, they should do it.

Clippers draft 12 and 13 theoretically?  I think the Raptors try and dump Lowry or Ibaka way before DeRozan.  I'd wager to say he's the guy they'd least like to move unless he becomes an attitude problem, something he's never shown to be....

5 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

also, are we still so sure that lebron is leaving cleveland this summer?

I think, and I'm certainly have no inside sauces so I would need to defer to experts like Bucher and SAS, that Lebron would like to stay especially since he could get the most money from Cleveland but because of FO and owner fuckery he doesn't have a chance for more titles with the Cavs.  He's comfortable in Cleveland and won't have to fit in to a new system; he has carter Blanche there.

I say it's even money whether he stays or goes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

I think, and I'm certainly have no inside sauces so I would need to defer to experts like Bucher and SAS, that Lebron would like to stay especially since he could get the most money from Cleveland but because of FO and owner fuckery he doesn't have a chance for more titles with the Cavs.  He's comfortable in Cleveland and won't have to fit in to a new system; he has carter Blanche there.

I say it's even money whether he stays or goes.

Give some of that inside sauce, bro

2 minutes ago, d2o said:

I think they basically give Gilbert an ultimatum.  Sell us the team or he leaves and you lose half of your team's values

That would be interesting. Based on the crappy contracts Cleveland gives out at the behest of Lebron, him being the owner would run that franchise into the ground after he retires.

38 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

also, are we still so sure that lebron is leaving cleveland this summer?

At this stage in his career, no; he will stay in The Land. He would have to build a team around him to make the finals, and that is not going to happen.

2 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

wonder if the clips and raptors could work out a trade that would send derozan home to LA? 

Here's a very, very, very wild thought.... mainly because he would take a surly guy embracing Canada and I'm not sure the math would work, but if Toronto could get Boogie on board, then perhaps a DD/Poetl for DMC/Moore type trade.  I give that a 3% chance of happening but maybe something like that for a team that needs a new direction (Toronto) and a team that could use an upgrade on the wings vs another scorer inside.  Issue is DD is still a really bad 3 point shooter and Cousins probably balks at Toronto...

Toronto played 82 games this season with one goal, finish in first place and get the #1 seed.

Cleveland played 82 games this season with one goal, prepare for the playoffs. They made a lot of trades, kept changing the lineups. It was frustrating but they got it done. Top seed wasn't important. Winning in the playoffs was top goal.

4 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

so he will go to the west to be beaten by same? or join Houston?

I have no idea but he won't win in Cleveland. The East blows outside of a fully healthy Boston and all these "King" moments are against shit teams. 

LeBron is 3-5 in the NBA Finals. I mean I guess owning Toronto is great and all but he has lost to teams that he shouldn't have lost too in the Finals.

If he loses again and I expect it to happen he will be 3-6 coming out of the East so why not try and join a west team to get it done? If he stays how much roster turnover could Cleveland even do? again?

34 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I have no idea but he won't win in Cleveland. The East blows outside of a fully healthy Boston and all these "King" moments are against shit teams. 

LeBron is 3-5 in the NBA Finals. I mean I guess owning Toronto is great and all but he has lost to teams that he shouldn't have lost too in the Finals.

If he loses again and I expect it to happen he will be 3-6 coming out of the East so why not try and join a west team to get it done? If he stays how much roster turnover could Cleveland even do? again?

Name them.

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

All of lebrons greatness they show on ESPN is against shitty eastern conference teams. He won’t stay in Cleveland when he gets beat again in the Finals by GS or Houston. 

Hmmmmmm............so he wasn't great against GSW?

35 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

He's also beaten teams that he wasn't supposed to.   I think beating a 73 win team trumps all the others.

35 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

LeBron sweeps a 59 win team that went 9-7 against WC playoff teams....can we stop it with the "beating up on a weak east" narrative?

No. The Hawks won 60 games once too. The playoffs are a different animal. Superstars carry the day. Hardly any of the East teams he's played since 2011 had any players who would even make an All-Star team in the West, much less be considered top tier players.

Before 2011, there was peak Dwight and the KG Celtics, and LeBron had a mixture of both success and failure, as you'd expect when great meets great (and as his Finals' record also suggests).

Since 2011, it's been Great vs. Really Nice Story out East.

Edited by aggie08

18 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Name them.

The Mavs.

But he beat one team that he had absolutely no business beating, and another terrific team that also had him dead-to-rights. Other than that Dallas series, he has absolutely nothing in his entire career to be remotely ashamed of.

...but acknowledging his greatness and pointing out that the East has been weak are not mutually exclusive.

8 minutes ago, huge said:

What was up with Hood refusing to come in the game last night?

He fucked himself out of some money.    He was playing like shit already.   This makes it worse.

26 minutes ago, d2o said:

He fucked himself out of some money.    He was playing like shit already.   This makes it worse.

Yup. Really dumb on his part. He's an RFA, which means he won't get a great offer, since teams don't like tying up lots of money for 5 days waiting to see if the other team will match. Plus, you know Lebron takes care of his guys, why wouldn't you want to get on his good side? 

Source: Cavs won't ban Rodney Hood over refusal to enter game

CLEVELAND -- Cleveland Cavaliers swingman Rodney Hood apologized to general manager Koby Altman on Tuesday for declining to enter the game when his number was called on late in a 128-93 blowout win over the Toronto Raptorson Monday night, a team source told ESPN.

Hood "feels awful," according to the source, and he plans to apologize to his teammates and coaching staff in person as soon as they get back together after a couple of days off following a 4-0 sweep of the Raptors in the Eastern Conference semifinals.

As first reported by The Athletic, Hood refused to check into Game 4 when Cavs coach Tyronn Lue attempted to sub him in during a timeout with 7:38 remaining in the fourth quarter and Cleveland up 110-80 at the time.

While The Athletic reported that several of Hood's teammates were "angered" by his decision and that the organization could consider suspending him, a team source told ESPN on Tuesday that suspending Hood was "not even a thought."

Hood was acquired from the Utah Jazz in February when the Cavs revamped their roster with a series of trades

Lue said he met with the 25-year-old Hood in the days leading up to Game 4 and had a "good talk" about his role on the team.

"Rodney, he could be better. He knows that," Lue said during his pregame remarks Monday. "Just need him to be aggressive."

He didn't mean passive-aggressive, however.

Hood explained to Altman, according to a team source, that he said something to the effect of, "I'm good, I'm fine, play the other guys," when asked to go in Monday. The Cavs are not viewing Hood's decision as an "act of defiance," the team source told ESPN, and Lue did not take it as a personal slight.

Hood, who will be a restricted free agent this summer, has a major financial incentive to perform well this postseason. His performance through the first two rounds hasn't helped in boosting his value on the open market.

After his trade to the Cavs, Hood averaged 10.8 points on 44.2 percent shooting (35.2 percent from 3), 2.6 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 21 regular-season games.

He was Cleveland's starting 2-guard to open the playoffs against the Indiana Pacers.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23441765/rodney-hood-apologize-cleveland-cavaliers-refusing-enter-game

3 hours ago, d2o said:

Hmmmmmm............so he wasn't great against GSW?

He's also beaten teams that he wasn't supposed to.   I think beating a 73 win team trumps all the others.

Isn’t winning the title trumps all? He’s 3-5 about to be 3-6? No one is saying he isn’t good. He’s not the greatest. I would take mj or Kobe over lebron all day. When it mattered most mj won and he beat teams equal to who lebron lost too. It’s not like the spurs were a super team when they beat them. But being the greatest means you are the greatest that overcomes stuff and wins.

12 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Isn’t winning the title trumps all? He’s 3-5 about to be 3-6? No one is saying he isn’t good. He’s not the greatest. I would take mj or Kobe over lebron all day. When it mattered most mj won and he beat teams equal to who lebron lost too. It’s not like the spurs were a super team when they beat them. But being the greatest means you are the greatest that overcomes stuff and wins.

I can listen to MJ.   Fuck no to Kobe.   Kobe would not get that 07 team to the Finals regardless of conference they played in.  Don't even need to go further than that.

Edited by d2o

9 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Kobe? Lmao. When Shaq left, his teams were garbage. He got so frustrated he demanded to be traded. 1st round losses or not even making the playoffs. Gasol came and saved his career as Lebron saved Wade's career and got them a few extra rings. Let me know if Lebron has such a shitty ending to his career as Kobe did as well. Kobe isn't even close to Lebron.

52 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Kobe? Lmao. When Shaq left, his teams were garbage. He got so frustrated he demanded to be traded. 1st round losses or not even making the playoffs. Gasol came and saved his career as Lebron saved Wade's career and got them a few extra rings. Let me know if Lebron has such a shitty ending to his career as Kobe did as well. Kobe isn't even close to Lebron.

Gasol saved his career? LOL. That's just a dumb take. Lebron is top 3 for me, I would take MJ and Kobe over Lebron and mainly because they played with Coaches and were coachable, they didn't have a merry go round of yes men that did what Lebron said. Again I think Lebron is an amazing athlete and owning Toronto I guess is great? but when he is 3-6 after these finals i'm noit sure how anyone would place him as the greatest ever because I hear a shit ton of excuses on how hes had such a harder road than other stars? He's playing in the easiest conference probably in the history of the NBA, MJ and Kobe went through tougher opponents in conference before playing ion the Finals themselves. 

16 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Which Raptor WAG does Lebron choose first?  Or does he just take them all into his bed at once?

Is Ibaka still with Keri Hilson? That'd be my pick.

And for the very few ppl pumping up Kobe and also shitting on LeBron for the 2011 finals loss for LeBron -- this is a reminder that Dallas swept the Lakers and won game 4 by like fucking 40 pts

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

And for the very few ppl pumping up Kobe and also shitting on LeBron for the 2011 finals loss for LeBron -- this is a reminder that Dallas swept the Lakers and won game 4 by like fucking 40 pts

that 2011 Mavs team was a finely tuned machine and the nascent Heat weren't ready for that kind of mature teamwork. 

47 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Pumping up kobe? I said I would take MJ and Kobe over LeBron. So have Lebron 3rd? big deal. the gap isn't that great, in the Finals leading my team into a 7 game series I would choose MJ and Kobe. Not 3-5 Lebron. Some of you are acting like he faced the greatest teams of all time in the finals. haha.

I think Lebron stays in Cleveland. They have actually made some good moves to try and build a team around him. I like Kyrie a lot, but he's probably not the best style to hang with Lebron. Lebron's the coach, PG, and primary scorer. Somehow it works with the guys he has around him right now. I think Tristian Thompson is the key, if he can help defend at the rim and get a fuck ton of rebounds they will be tough to beat. Surround LBJ with spot up shooters, throw some good cuts to the rack in there, and get some offensive rebounds they will have a good chance to win in the finals.

I hope they will be playing against Houston. The Clint Capela vs. TT matchup will be awesome. 

6 hours ago, aggie08 said:

The Mavs.

But he beat one team that he had absolutely no business beating, and another terrific team that also had him dead-to-rights. Other than that Dallas series, he has absolutely nothing in his entire career to be remotely ashamed of.

...but acknowledging his greatness and pointing out that the East has been weak are not mutually exclusive.

In this thread they are. 

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Pumping up kobe? I said I would take MJ and Kobe over LeBron. So have Lebron 3rd? big deal. the gap isn't that great, in the Finals leading my team into a 7 game series I would choose MJ and Kobe. Not 3-5 Lebron. Some of you are acting like he faced the greatest teams of all time in the finals. haha.

Uh 2 dynasties.   GSW is better than any team MJ played in the finals.

Wait a minute.   You have Kobe #2 all time??????????

Edited by d2o

11 minutes ago, d2o said:

Uh 2 dynasties.   GSW is better than any team MJ played in the finals.

Wait a minute.   You have Kobe #2 all time??????????

Personally for me yes I would take Kobe over lebron. 

We are talking about titles and who i want to I want to lead my team in the Finals for 7 games. Mj always first then kobe for me. Lebron would be my third choice. 

Wow. Kobe over Lebron? Interesting.

I'd take Bron, MJ, Duncan, Hakeem, Bird, Kareem, Magic, Shaq all over Kobe. Probably a couple others too. Crazy that as good as his career was, he wasn't even the best Laker of all time.

Edited by Pam Cummings

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Wow. Kobe over Lebron? Interesting.

I'd take Bron, MJ, Duncan, Hakeem, Bird, Kareem, Magic, Shaq all over Kobe. Probably a couple others too. Crazy that as good as his career was, he wasn't even the best Laker of all time.

All this here. 

21 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Personally for me yes I would take Kobe over lebron. 

We are talking about titles and who i want to I want to lead my team in the Finals for 7 games. Mj always first then kobe for me. Lebron would be my third choice. 

Is winning titles the only factor in your determination of who is better?