2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

we should be able to handle our schedule without bregman.  i'm not expecting to see him play in august.  get yuli and urquidy back and start fucking these shitty teams up let's fucking go.

Speaking of schedule, just noticed tomorrow’s game is at 1:10 before an off day. What the fuck were they thinking with these last few weeks?

12 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

we should be able to handle our schedule without bregman.  i'm not expecting to see him play in august.  get yuli and urquidy back and start fucking these shitty teams up let's fucking go.

yes, but the question is how they explain this fuck up. did Bregman shine them on his readiness? why did he have to leave Round Rock to "check in" instead of the the team sending someone to check in with him? why the hell wasn't he in the lineup for the Skeeters on Thursday, Sunday, and Monday if he's not yet ready? what the everlivin fuck. 

6 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

yes, but the question is how they explain this fuck up. did Bregman shine them on his readiness? why did he have to leave Round Rock to "check in" instead of the the team sending someone to check in with him? why the hell wasn't he in the lineup for the Skeeters on Thursday, Sunday, and Monday if he's not yet ready? what the everlivin fuck. 

all valid points.

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

He’ll have plenty of time to build up his arm strength 

I don't think it's realistic to expect him to find a mid 90's fastball by Sept/October. 

He's consistently throwing almost every pitch in the 80's. I'm not saying he can't get guys out but he's not going to overpower anyone. If he can hit his spots and change speeds effectively, he has a place on the roster. 

Who gets the scheduled day of rest today? My guess is Tucker since he's played every scheduled game since July 6th when he missed three consecutive games with back spasms. 

My lineup today goes like this

Altuve 2B

Brantley LF

Diaz 3B

Alvarez DH

Correa SS

McCormick CF

Jones 1B

Meyers R

Maldonado C

33 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Who gets the scheduled day of rest today? My guess is Tucker since he's played every scheduled game since July 6th when he missed three consecutive games with back spasms. 

My lineup today goes like this

Altuve 2B

Brantley LF

Diaz 3B

Alvarez DH

Correa SS

McCormick CF

Jones 1B

Meyers R

Maldonado C

Pretty close.  He just swapped Diaz and Correa and Myers and Jones in the order

Alex Bregman (quad, hamstring) confirmed Wednesday that he will play "a couple more" minor league rehab games.

Bregman was pulled off his minor league rehab assignment earlier this week because the 20-day window had closed, but there's no new setback and it sounds like he will return to Triple-A Sugar Land on Friday. That would put him in line to perhaps be activated by the Astros early next week. The star third baseman has been on the shelf since mid-June because of a left quad strain and then a subsequent hamstring issue.

fwiw.

It's not easy to get 5 hits and piss on a couple other balls in 2 innings and only have 1 run, but here we are.

This is the kind of shit that is why we have such a relatively shitty record against bad teams.  We just aren't catching many breaks with where the balls are hit, sequencing, inning development, winning extra inning games, winning 1 run games etc.  Hoping that Scraps is right.