Critical Race Theory policy in hiring at UT

PHLaggie

45 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

And did the ancient Greeks arrange their society according to a racial hierarchy?

Yes, in the terms of race as they understood it at the time.

• Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

This word gets thrown around on here quite a bit. I've never heard of the guy. Got any links to what he said that was racist?

Have you heard of the phrase "critical race theory"? Rufo's been slinging that shit since the late 20-teens. Here's an article from the New Yorker with a ton of details

https://www.newyorker.com/news/annals-of-inquiry/how-a-conservative-activist-invented-the-conflict-over-critical-race-theory

You're literally a couple years late with this trolling schtick. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

Racism's over, y'all!

Nope.  And never will be in practical terms.  There will always be something people will use to differentiate themselves from each other.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

And to think, we still can't figure that shit out 2,300 years later.

Sad!

Nor the 20,000 years prior I'd imagine.

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Hey @ElChupacabra, if you're gonna bomb a thread at least add something to the discussion.  

This is weak.

There's not much to add here. All I've seen so far is a bunch of middle aged folks standing around the same dead horse whipping it and hoping it will come back to life so they can exclaim "See! I told you this was a matter of great importance!" 

• Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Nope.  And never will be in practical terms.  There will always be something people will use to differentiate themselves from each other.

Nor the 20,000 years prior I'd imagine.

This is super convenient for wypipo right now.

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Racism's over, y'all!

My question is this: what IS racism? It used to be one race hating another for completely unjustifiable reasons. Now, it seems it's just a blanket term used to label anyone that doesn't confirm to one's ideologies. You don't agree with me? Well, you're a racist. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

I see that the goat sucker is a real straight shooter with upper management written all over him. That's not been the subject of this thread, but if you want to decide that it is and lie to yourself about it, go for it I guess.

You may enjoy yourself more at texags if you're not big on intellectual honesty.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, ElChupacabra said:

My question is this: what IS racism? It used to be one race hating another for completely unjustifiable reasons. Now, it seems it's just a blanket term used to label anyone that doesn't confirm to one's ideologies. You don't agree with me? Well, you're a racist. 

Explain America's extant social and economic racial disparities.

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Have you heard of the phrase "critical race theory"? Rufo's been slinging that shit since the late 20-teens. Here's an article from the New Yorker with a ton of details

https://www.newyorker.com/news/annals-of-inquiry/how-a-conservative-activist-invented-the-conflict-over-critical-race-theory

You're literally a couple years late with this trolling schtick. 

Sure, I've heard of it. Never made much sense to me. The idea is that our society, as a whole, is inherently racist at nearly every level. That would be the grandest conspiracy ever pulled off in the history of mankind. Highly unlikely. 

• Fuck You 5

Just now, ElChupacabra said:

Sure, I've heard of it. Never made much sense to me. The idea is that our society, as a whole, is inherently racist at nearly every level. That would be the grandest conspiracy ever pulled off in the history of mankind. Highly unlikely. 

Cool.

Explain America's lingering social and economic racial disparities.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Explain America's extant social and economic racial disparities.

Sure. Give me an example and I'd be glad to offer you my insight on the matter. You phrase it as if it's glaringly obvious to anyone. 

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, ElChupacabra said:

Sure. Give me an example and I'd be glad to offer you my insight on the matter. You phrase it as if it's glaringly obvious to anyone. 

Incarceration rates, homeownership rates, employment rates, net worth, life expectancy, just to name a few.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I see that the goat sucker is a real straight shooter with upper management written all over him. That's not been the subject of this thread, but if you want to decide that it is and lie to yourself about it, go for it I guess.

You may enjoy yourself more at texags if you're not big on intellectual honesty.

Ah, I'm intellectually dishonest because my viewpoints *may* differ from yours. Is that how this works? No discussion just straight to exile for daring to question the status quo? Is this China? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6

4 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

It's not a conspiracy, you idiot.  There's no cabal working behind the scenes.  It's just human nature in action.  Those in power want to retain power so they enact laws to disenfranchise segments of the population they think will take their power.  In the US, that's primarily based on what we know as race.  Therefore it becomes systemic...ergo systematic racism.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

Ah, I'm intellectually dishonest because my viewpoints *may* differ from yours. Is that how this works? No discussion just straight to exile for daring to question the status quo? Is this China? 

No, it's that you're coming into a 63 page thread and deciding what the entire discourse has been without reading it, and we are telling you that you're being a dumbass.

Dial back the performative victimhood a little my guy

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Incarceration rates, homeownership rates, employment rates, net worth, life expectancy, just to name a few.

Incarceration: don't commit crimes. Pretty simple, really. 

Home Ownership: Eh, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Renting works out wonderfully for a great many people. I don't see what this has to do with race, though. Either you have good credit and the funds or you don't. Lenders couldn't care less if you were Eskimo or Guadalajaran. 

Employment Rates: the world needs ditch diggers, too. Too many think themselves "above" some type of gainful employment. Also, the whole "everyone should go to college" thing really fucked the U.S. up. We need more tradesman and skilled workers but no one wants to be looked down on because they didn't attend UT and get that cherished LA degree.

Life Expectancy: Now this one absolutely can be attributed, at least in some respects, to race. Some races are more prone to health complications due to their genetics. Luck of the draw, I suppose. 

• Fuck You 13

12 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Something tells me we're getting perilously close to, "You know, white people are the true victims of racism," part of this debate.

Every race has been a victim of racism. Some more than others, depending on the era and locale. 

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Don't commit crimes, he says.

Wow.

Is that wrong? I've never been to jail, but, I've also never been convicted of a crime. Seems like solid logic and has worked well for many people. 

• Fuck You 7

15 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

It's not a conspiracy, you idiot.  There's no cabal working behind the scenes.  It's just human nature in action.  Those in power want to retain power so they enact laws to disenfranchise segments of the population they think will take their power.  In the US, that's primarily based on what we know as race.  Therefore it becomes systemic...ergo systematic racism.

If you truly believe that the system is inherently racist, why do you continue to participate in it? 

• Fuck You 14

16 minutes ago, Captainant said:

No, it's that you're coming into a 63 page thread and deciding what the entire discourse has been without reading it, and we are telling you that you're being a dumbass.

Dial back the performative victimhood a little my guy

You seem upset. I'll grant you the China thing was a bit much but I chortled so...worth it. 

As to reading the thread, if it's anything like this page, I think I can surmise the gist of it. 

• Fuck You 7

Just now, David Dennison said:

That's easy.

Never. 

Same here. I've never, not even once, been a victim of "racism". Unless you're counting high school days when kids say dumb shit because their mushy little brains are so bound up with hormones that they can hardly formulate a sentence much less an intelligent or witty burn. 

• Fuck You 6

25 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Something tells me we're getting perilously close to, "You know, white people are the true victims of racism," part of this debate.

Who could have foreseen such a thing?

I've avoided this thread and I see no reason to change that. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

image.png.08dfc0e18780b1bdf987c2920a2795e6.png

Ah, "the system" (what I typed) is now synonymous with "society". I think you, and probably the artist of that cartoon, should glance at your dictionary and find the definition of "society". 

Here, I'll do it for you. 

"Society is defined as 'a group of people who live in a definable community and share the same culture."

Society. System. Different. Whodathunkit. 

• Fuck You 7

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, safe sex said:

It's fucking embarrassing that anyone is actually engaging you at all

You're a racist piece of shit. That's all I have to contribute

You're the embarrassment here. Even your parents agree. 

Adults are engaging because they're free to do what they please and if there's only one viewpoint it becomes a dim world. Obviously, your mental handicap doesn't allow you to understand that not everyone has to see the world through your lens. But, you won't find me calling you a racist without verifiable proof of that. 

Honestly, you sound like a little bitch. 

Edited by ElChupacabra
  • Fuck You 11

7 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

A grand conspiracy? Pulled off by white people in a white society that had the gall to explicitly and expressly permit slavery and also go ahead and count blacks as 3/5 persons. 

And then, after finally expressly outlawing slavery and again reiterating the notion that all men are equal under law, proceeding to allow states to explicitly and expressly discriminate on the basis of race for the next century plus. 

Unpossible. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Oh cool, we’ve got a new conservative poster who likes to get drunk alone and troll the CR on Friday/Saturday nights with nonsense like “racism doesn’t exist.”

I’m sure the fact that this seems to be a common affliction among posters with certain political beliefs isn’t at all indicative of their poor mental health or that they are huge fucking losers with no friends.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Oh cool, we’ve got a new conservative poster who likes to get drunk alone and troll the CR on Friday/Saturday nights with nonsense like “racism doesn’t exist.”

I’m sure the fact that this seems to be a common affliction among posters with certain political beliefs isn’t at all indicative of their poor mental health or that they are huge fucking losers with no friends.

14 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

A grand conspiracy? Pulled off by white people in a white society that had the gall to explicitly and expressly permit slavery and also go ahead and count blacks as 3/5 persons. 

And then, after finally expressly outlawing slavery and again reiterating the notion that all men are equal under law, proceeding to allow states to explicitly and expressly discriminate on the basis of race for the next century plus. 

Unpossible. 

You guys quit being toxic!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Unpossible. 

Are you under the impression that whites wee the only willing participants in slavery in the US? 

Anthony Johnson? William Ellison? Elizabeth Skelton? Did they help lay the framework for the systemic racism? 

• Fuck You 6

15 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Uh, your little narrative doesn't quite fit. A) I'm not conservative. B) I don't drink.

Y'all really can't handle it when someone doesn't see things identically to you. You can't even have a decent conversation without labeling someone as either a conservative or a racist POS. How tolerant. 

• Fuck You 4

8 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

"Hey guys it's 11pm on a Friday night and I'm going to go post some stuff about how skin color has no effect on anyone's life anymore and them I'm going to wait for one of them to call me a white racist and then I'm going to tell them AHA I'M NATIVE AMERICAN to totally pwn them because my great-great-grandfather was a Seminole."

You're a real winner, don't let reality tell you otherwise.

Oh, Huck, you really got me there! You must know me better than I know myself. It would be better if you could at least get the facts straight though. 

• Fuck You 4