Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, ztejas said:

Well two of them have been against the same pitcher and tonight he had a career game. WVU then got hammered the next two days. 

It doesn't seem especially difficult to beat this Texas team once - but beating them twice has proven to be extremely hard. 

True. Tech and WV twice got us. 

Anyway whatever happens I am very confident Stevens and Hansen will easily win the next two games.

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Not true. We have struggled the last couple series in the Friday Night game, though we were able to pull it out against TCU.

It is a pattern and a concerning one.

True. But, with playing a 4 seed first, I feel like some of that rust or Friday night jitters we’ve been having and we’ll be more then ready to face a team with similar talent to ou in the winners bracket. We’ll be ready. Calling it. Kennedy wins Austin regional mvp

It’s in the middle with the conference tournament as a top seed. Does this tournament matter? Not really. Do you want to at least win a game or two so your not going into regionals with negative feel? Yeah you do. If we were to go 0-2 it might move us from 2-3 seed to 3-4 seed. We won’t fall out of the top 5. 

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

True. Tech and WV twice got us. 

Anyway whatever happens I am very confident Stevens and Hansen will easily win the next two games.

I kind of meant in succession. Sure - if you can throw your ace two days in a row it makes it easier. 

Guest Lobo

Split the season series with maybe the worst Big XII team in 3 years.  Very impressive, Texas.  

We likely just played ourselves from the National #2 to the #4 seed.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Split the season series with maybe the worst Big XII team in 3 years.  Very impressive, Texas.  

Tournament is not over yet dude. Stevens and Hansen will get their wins. We will be #2.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo
Just now, Valmy77 said:

Tournament is not over yet dude. Stevens and Hansen will get their wins.

Yes, i know. But we've played 4 games with WVU, hence my "split the season series" comment.  We played them 4 times, went 2-2.  And WVU is fucking godawful this season.  Beyond bad.  And we only managed 2-2 against them.  That's rough.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Yes, i know. But we've played 4 games with WVU, hence my "split the season series" comment.  We played them 4 times, went 2-2.  And WVU is fucking godawful this season.  Beyond bad.  And we only managed 2-2 against them.  That's rough.  

They are not that bad. They have problems but they can hit and have Wolf. They have terrible, terrible pitching after Wolf and have fielding issues but they aren't garbage.

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean that kind of says it all about West Virginia's confidence in their bullpen. No four run lead is safe, let's just have this kid throw 140 pitches.

They gonna let him walk em loaded? Bold strategy. 

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

No they aren't and no we didn't.  We're National 2 or 3 no matter what happens this weekend.

• Hook 'Em 1

Great. Lobo is spouting his insane tournament seeding shit, Dennison is here and apparently we suck again 

Chill, y’all. We’ll win a couple games here then have home field advantage till Omaha where we’ve been pretty fucking good all year. Christ. This isn’t fucking football. Baseball is cool like that. Anyone can win on any day. Unfortunately it wasn’t us today 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Lobo
Just now, Fletch said:

Great. Lobo is spouting his insane tournament seeding shit, Dennison is here and apparently we suck again 

Chill, y’all. We’ll win a couple games here then have home field advantage till Omaha where we’ve been pretty fucking good all year. Christ. This isn’t fucking football. Baseball is cool like that. Anyone can win on any day. Unfortunately it wasn’t us today 

It's not insane.  We may go 0-2 in our own tourney as the #1 seed.  That may downgrade us from #2 national to #3 or #3 national to #4.  conference tourneys do serve a purpose.  They tweak a spot or two here and there.  

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Honestly good for him. Doesn't change anything for us - he'll remember this forever. Especially if we make noise. 

Yeah I hope someday he will tell his grandchildren about that time he beat the 2021 national champions.

• Hook 'Em 1