Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

4 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Um we play to win. Let’s not act like aggy. We would take a conference title twice on Sunday if we could. 

I have never once cared about the big 12 tournament and neither should you. It’s a useless exhibition we usually don’t need cause we’re typically a top 5 overall seed. I remember watching Thigpen walk us off to win the big 12 tournament in 2003 and I was like “sweet. Alright. Business time.” 

it’s not acting like aggy to not give a fuck about this tournament. Matter a fact it IS aggy to care about this tournament. A) like we need the resume boost. B) we won the conference the real way. Back in the day Gus seriously didn’t take his like 6 or whatever best players to the SWC tournament. Wanna know why? It’s meaningless. We won the big 12 tournament in basketball this year. That was so much fun!!! Totally a memorable year...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

I have never once cared about the big 12 tournament and neither should you. It’s a useless exhibition we usually don’t need cause we’re typically a top 5 overall seed. I remember watching Thigpen walk us off to win the big 12 tournament in 2003 and I was like “sweet. Alright. Business time.” 

it’s not acting like aggy to not give a fuck about this tournament. Matter a fact it IS aggy to care about this tournament. A) like we need the resume boost. B) we won the conference the real way. Back in the day Gus seriously didn’t take his like 6 or whatever best players to the SWC tournament. Wanna know why? It’s meaningless. We won the big 12 tournament in basketball this year. That was so much fun!!! Totally a memorable year...

I tend to agree. But, when we need it we need it. And we have needed it and taken advantage. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

We were pissing our pants with joy about winning the basketball tournament are you kidding? 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Sheriff Bart said:

We were pissing our pants with joy about winning the basketball tournament are you kidding? 

I wasn’t. It was cute and all but....worthless tournament before business time. Just a waste of fucking time especially after playing this thing called the regular season 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Wow I didn't know Texas had 6 national titles and a billion conference championships in basketball! You know who lost in the B12 basketball tourney? The Baylor team that then won the fucking national title. 

I mean you literally picked an example to support the point you're trying to argue against...

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Ok. You like losing I don't.

We all have our different opinions. I mean clearly it is not important compared to the national tournament but neither do fucking Tuesday night games and I care about those as well. 

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Ok. You like losing I don't.

We all have our different opinions. I mean clearly it is not important compared to the national tournament but neither do fucking Tuesday night games and I care about those as well. 

I don’t like losing either. But if we’re gonna lose, do it in the worthless tournament. Not the real one 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, zlavydra said:

Bad call or not, we've hit 4 or 5 balls hard the whole game.

Yep. And we are going to be facing great pitchers the whole post-season. We have to do better against these aces.

Frustrating because we had been awesome on Friday nights earlier in the season.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I don’t like losing either. But if we’re gonna lose, do it in the worthless tournament. Not the real one 

Oh I agree. Obviously if somehow we have to choose which tournament too suck in this is the one to suck in no doubt.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Yep. And we are going to be facing great pitchers the whole post-season. We have to do better against these aces.

Frustrating because we had been awesome on Friday nights earlier in the season.

It’s one game in a meaningless tournament. I’m sure we’ll be more than ready next week 

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

I kind of agree with you on that. I hate seeing Texas lose in anything, but maybe if losing here can prepare them for the big show then do it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Winning the Big12 tournament isn't important, but you still want to compete. Going 2 and BBQ isn't good for morale, and although I think our national seed is safe you don't want to give the committee any excuse to knock you out of a top 8 seed in favor of an SEC team they are hoping to give it to.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Fletch said:

It’s one game in a meaningless tournament. I’m sure we’ll be more than ready next week 

Not true. We have struggled the last couple series in the Friday Night game, though we were able to pull it out against TCU.

It is a pattern and a concerning one.

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Not true. We have struggled the last couple series in the Friday Night game, though we were able to pull it out against TCU.

It is a pattern and a concerning one.

Well two of them have been against the same pitcher and tonight he had a career game. WVU then got hammered the next two days. 

It doesn't seem especially difficult to beat this Texas team once - but beating them twice has proven to be extremely hard. 

Which leads me to believe whoever loses this late one is going to get smacked tomorrow.

Edited by ztejas

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Oh but that's a ball. Okay. 

The strike calls on Zubia and Ivan were questionable at best, but then not calling that 3-2 pitch a strike for Witt was horseshit.

Edited by Ewreck10