Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It's not insane.  We may go 0-2 in our own tourney as the #1 seed.  That may downgrade us from #2 national to #3 or #3 national to #4.  conference tourneys do serve a purpose.  They tweak a spot or two here and there.  

I mean I don't think we are going 0-2 but ultimately whether we are the #1 national seed or the #8 national seed all that really matters is hosting the super regional.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

The #2 team just got ass whipped by a sub .500 wvu team while playing for a big 12 championship. Its embarrassing

This is waaaaaaaaay down the list of embarrassing things a Texas athletic team has done in the last ten or fifteen years.

It's all good. Bounce back tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

The #2 team just got ass whipped by a sub .500 wvu team while playing for a big 12 championship. Its embarrassing

Shut the fuck up. And we’re not playing for a big 12 fucking championship fucktard. It’s a worthless tournament. Sort of like how you’re a worthless poster 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah I hope someday he will tell his grandchildren about that time he beat the 2021 national champions.

"One time I threw 140 pitches and only gave up 1 run against a national championships Texas team"

"Mom I think granddad's making up stories again" 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Shut the fuck up. And we’re not playing for a big 12 fucking championship fucktard. It’s a worthless tournament. Sort of like how you’re a worthless poster 

The Big 12 Championship is the Regular Season championship. Everybody knows that. The Tournament is just for backup bling.

But, you know, I want all the bling.

Edited by Valmy77

Just now, Steel Shank said:

If we meet WV again, I can just see them throwing Wolf again, and him kicking our ass again. Something like 300 pitches in 4 days or something.

I need a bourbon.

If that happens I sure hope the national press shits all over WV like they did Augie when he pitched Austin Wood all those innings back in 2009.

I think something like that also happened to us against Fullerton in 2004. They had some pitcher pitch against us on 2 days rest. Fucking pissed me off, but what can you do? And of course he was awesome.

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Does the tournament winner secure an AQ to the real tournament?  I forgot already.

If so, that's fucked up.  This tournament in this format makes even less sense at creating an AQ than in basketball.

Yes. But it hardly matters for the Big 12. We are going to get five or six bids every year anyway.

For some of those smaller leagues it is stupid. I think the AQ should be the regular season champ. I mean it is baseball and we played a whole season, that should determine the AQ of a 1 bid conference not somebody who just got hot.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Whatever excuses you have to make up or tell yourself 

5 days ago a regular season loss was the worst in modern Texas history. How’d that turn out again? Oh right we win the big 12 the real way. Fucking moron 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Fletch said:

5 days ago a regular season loss was the worst in modern Texas history. How’d that turn out again? Oh right we win the big 12 the real way. Fucking moron 

We won half a fucking title because we got beat by a sub .500 wvu team at home. We had a chance for revenge tonight and blew it again against the same fucking pitcher, the same fucking team, with the same sub .500 record

We have a chance to set a record for championships this year, but we shouldnt really give a fuck about that... nor should we care about losing to shit teams, huh?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

We won half a fucking title because we got beat by a sub .500 wvu team at home. We had a chance for revenge tonight and blew it again against the same fucking pitcher, the same fucking team, with the same sub .500 record

We have a chance to set a record for championships this year, but we shouldnt really give a fuck about that... nor should we care about losing to shit teams, huh?

Email/tweet at CDC about it if you care so much. Conference tournament "championships" don't mean jack shit compared to regular season titles.

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

What on earth are you even talking about?

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Here's a dumb question I thought I knew the answer to but now I'm not sure: who is considered the actual conference champion when there is a tournament involved?

The regular season champ is the conference champ. The tournament champ is the tournament champ. 

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

People around here were pretty fucking high when we won the big 12 basketball tourney

I was happy about it but also knew to place it in the proper context, just like the results of this tournament (which isn't over yet).

4 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Nope not really. I only care about or 7th dogpile. Were you pissed in 05 when we lost the refusal season AND conference tournament!?!? That totally fucking sucked....

Just now, Machinator said:

I was happy about it but also knew to place it in the proper context, just like the results of this tournament (which isn't over yet).

Yeah we have won the Big 12 tournament multiple times with a first game loss. This is where having our pitching depth will be to our advantage. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Translation - We were flat and WV wanted it more than we did. 

Not great, Bob. Pierce needs to light into them and get them focused. 

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Translation - I’m going to light into their asses and get them focused. 

Edited by Droopy
Let’s win tomorrow. Hook ‘em! 🤘🏼
  • Hook 'Em 1

OMG!!! It’s almost like WVU was playing with their season on the line while we got everything all wrapped up! Crazy how that works in sports sometimes. But oh well. We’re fucked according to greenspoint who makes made cash as a nurse and has forgotten more baseball than David Pierce has known....

7 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

People around here were pretty fucking high when we won the big 12 basketball tourney

I don't understand how some of you think these situations are at all analogous.

Our basketball tourney win was barely even legit. We got a fucking covid bye.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

well, they're not sub .500 any more.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I don't understand how some of you think these situations are at all analogous.

Now that something we can get behind!

But, I digress. Would have been nice to win this game, but for whatever reason we didn’t have it and WV wanted it more. Kudos to Wolf, he’s a badass. Hope we get another shot and get to bring him back to Earth. 

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

It's baseball, shit happens.  But the worst team in the league with a 6-13 away record is now 2-0 in the conference tourney.  And we are in the loser's bracket, effectively playing an away game tomorrow versus Oklahoma or Oklahoma State.  We're gonna get a 4-ish national seed, but it's okay to admit that this stings.  It's a largely meaningless tournament.  But we don't have to take a meaningless shit up there either. 

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

It's baseball, shit happens.  But the worst team in the league with a 6-13 away record is now 2-0 in the conference tourney.  And we are in the loser's bracket, effectively playing an away game tomorrow versus Oklahoma or Oklahoma State.  We're gonna get a 4-ish national seed, but it's okay to admit that this stings.  It's a largely meaningless tournament.  But we don't have to take a meaningless shit up there either. 

It does sting. Losing sucks.

• Hook 'Em 1