Disney's Jungle Cruise - The Rock & Emily Blunt

Don Johnson

Kinda weird looking, but the Rock is fun. Reminds me of some of the cheesy movies Arnold made in his prime. 

Disney returning to making movies named after rides. 

Definite African Queen call backs in the trailer, right down to the outfit the Rock is wearing. 

Also some vibes of Indiana Jones and the Jumanji movie he made. Seems to definitely be aimed at the younger set, like too young to drive, but those can be fun, too. 

Edited by Richard Kimball

• 2 months later...

I'm pretty sure there won't, or shouldn't be a Jungle Cruise 2, so it's definitely a step below Pirates of the Caribbean and the Jumanji remake.  My daughter liked it, but I told her I wasn't going to the movie theatre to see it so I sprung for the $30 for the two of us to watch it.  I figure I still came out ahead on the money. 

It was decent. It's in the vein of Pirates of the Caribbean. It's enjoyable for what it is. My wife didn't think Emily Blunt and the Rock had great chemistry. We took the kids to see it at a drive in which was enjoyable. I sadly kept getting distracted by the dumb Fast 9 movie that was to the left of my view of our screen so I kept looking over at the stupidity on that screen. Emily Blunt is great in anything she does. I watch a movie of her putting together Ikea bookshelves. 

• 4 months later...
On 8/8/2021 at 8:55 PM, DanRydell said:

Shouldn't win awards or anything but this was a decently fun watch. Similar vibes as The Mummy, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the first new Jumanji, although a step below those in quality.

Just finished watching and Mummy is exactly what my wife and I said. This movie was a lot of fun and very entertaining.  Good family adventure movie.