Other NCAA Regionals Thread

WBT

48 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Well, if you are ESPN---your more attractive Supers from a TV perspective are Arkansas/N.C. State (though somewhat geographically limited), Arizona/Ole Miss (for later games from Tucson), Tennessee v. Oregon/LSU, and Mississippi State @ Notre Dame as your most attractive 4 for TV purposes.  Least appealing is UVA/ODU v. DBU, Texas/USF and ECU/Vandy both looking the next "best" exciting.  UC-Irvine pulls off the upset tonight, they probably become the second least attractive Super with Tech.  Stanford-Tech would get some eyeballs but would be bound by CDT tv times.  I guess we have to fucking wait on Old Dominion like the old joke goes. 

calculating the hangover GIF

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah. We might have all buried them a bit too soon. LSU pitcher is not that great though. Should be fun.

Ty Floyd? More like George Floyd with this choke job…

[ducks … no pun intended]

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5

Guest Lobo

too soon. 

One of these West Coast games should end right around the time Virginia/ODU start tomorrow morning...so that'll be nice .  

At least when schedules for Supers come out during lunch tomorrow, we'll all have something to chat about over chicken and booze.

Edited by Lobo

4 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

You know ESPN is pulling for LSU bigtime, with the coach retiring.  They will get plenty of quality airtime this weekend and if they make it to Omaha, it's gonna be all LSU, all the time.  I wouldn't mind seeing LSU go out today. 

This.

Fuck them with a rusty gumbo ladle.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

good mythical morning what GIF by Rhett and Link

astro16_top.jpeg.5bdccfbbe64083603bdc247bc0f4b6b3.jpeg

Did you ever see a baseball game at the Astrodome?  I saw quite a few.

See the white line arc, beyond the bases, from foul line to foul line?  That's the infield fly line.

I know the infield fly rule is somewhat ambiguous, and there's endless arguments about just where/who/how it should be used or exist at all, but at the dome, this was the visual reference that was used to determine the infield fly rule.  There are some who interpret the rule to mean just the square inside the basepaths, and others who say it includes the entire outfield, despite its name.

This wasn't the only baseball stadium that had this white arc just beyond the bases. Sometimes it was a grass line, but often it wasn't because of design preferences or using artificial surfaces.

6 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

astro16_top.jpeg.5bdccfbbe64083603bdc247bc0f4b6b3.jpeg

Did you ever see a baseball game at the Astrodome?  I saw quite a few.

See the white line arc, beyond the bases, from foul line to foul line?  That's the infield fly line.

I know the infield fly rule is somewhat ambiguous, and there's endless arguments about just where/who/how it should be used or exist at all, but at the dome, this was the visual reference that was used to determine the infield fly rule.  There are some who interpret the rule to mean just the square inside the basepaths, and others who say it includes the entire outfield, despite its name.

This wasn't the only baseball stadium that had this white arc just beyond the bases. Sometimes it was a grass line, but often it wasn't because of design preferences or using artificial surfaces.

huh?  that was just to give infielders a frame of reference similar what they would see on a grass field.  an ump can call an infield fly on any ball that can be reasonably caught by an infielder regardless of where it is on the field.  its a judgement call.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1