Other NCAA Regionals Thread

WBT

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Anybody know when the last game for USA/USF is gonna happen?  Either usual 30 minute gap, starting around 1:00p our time.  Or they take a TV gap and some back at 3 or 6pm.  Which would be a shame since USA has some momentum back on their side.  I still don't know who we're supposed to want to play.? ??

They said it'll be a 55 minute break

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Anybody know when the last game for USA/USF is gonna happen?  Either usual 30 minute gap, starting around 1:00p our time.  Or they take a TV gap and some back at 3 or 6pm.  Which would be a shame since USA has some momentum back on their side.  I still don't know who we're supposed to want to play.? ??

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

I thought Alabama was the worst state?  Or Ohio?  

Saying this as someone with a lot of attachments to the Magnolia State, it's at the bottom of every statistical category you can think of. Alabama and West Virginia are hanging around near the bottom as well.

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

Arkansas's results in games this season are fantastic.  Record in weekend series and against top 25 teams. 

When you look at the team, there's nothing that's outstanding, outside of a lot of guys hitting a lot of dingers and Kopps.  No one hits over .300 and the starting pitching is nothing special, outside of Wicklander who usually only goes 5 innings.  Also had some pretty costly injuries late in the season that affected pitching depth and that could come into play today.

Like I said, they are very good.

AND...

They are very beatable.  I've seen juggernaughts and Arky is no juggernaught.  Yet there are those among us (the Royal "us") who think they are the college baseball version of Bama.  Not even close.  That's all SECSECSEC pyrite.

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

the MSU pitcher does some weird shit in his windup it looks like he is fucking his glove 

He looks like he's having seizures. And it's bullshit that it's allowed.

1 hour ago, msudawg said:

Fristoe completely lost it so now we have who should of started in.  Dawgs up 4-3 after mid 3rd. 

should of???

21 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

I've actually been to the airport, such as it is. Having said that, it might still take me a minute..

bunch of us road tripped from West Campus for the game up there in early 90's, great time even though we stank up the joint.  Had a cool college bar way out in the sticks (I know I know).  Half of our group made for Bourbon St after and the other half hit the keggers around the greek area.  Overall pretty good dudes and were shocked 15-20 of us stuck around, I'd give it a thumbs up all things considered.

That was the game Jackie castrated the bull at mid field leading up to the game

• Like 1

I wonder how that collision between the catcher and pitcher happens on that pop-up? Surprised the catcher wouldn't waive the pitcher off in that situation.

Still held on though. Miss State still up one going to the bottom of the 8th.

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Going to the 9th in Starkville, State still up by one. We'll see if soup can walk them off.

Bad hop leadoff single for State in the top of the 9th and the runner advances to 2nd on a groundout.  Obviously an insurance run would be huge.