Other NCAA Regionals Thread

WBT

Guest Lobo
3 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I sometimes forget how much I hate Arkansas. 35 or so seconds after hearing/seeing their fans, the level of hatred rises back.  

Yep, I've never understood this American 'ideology' that all states are considered equal.  

Damn, looks like Nebraska has run out of pitching.  Too bad.  And despite playing one fewer game, Arkansas had to ride their ace for 167 and counting.  I think NC State gives them a battle this weekend.

Guest Lobo

Well, if you are ESPN---your more attractive Supers from a TV perspective are Arkansas/N.C. State (though somewhat geographically limited), Arizona/Ole Miss (for later games from Tucson), Tennessee v. Oregon/LSU, and Mississippi State @ Notre Dame as your most attractive 4 for TV purposes.  Least appealing is UVA/ODU v. DBU, Texas/USF and ECU/Vandy both looking the next "best" exciting.  UC-Irvine pulls off the upset tonight, they probably become the second least attractive Super with Tech.  Stanford-Tech would get some eyeballs but would be bound by CDT tv times.  I guess we have to fucking wait on Old Dominion like the old joke goes. 

Just now, Lobo said:

Well, if you are ESPN---your more attractive Supers from a TV perspective are Arkansas/N.C. State (though somewhat geographically limited), Arizona/Ole Miss (for later games from Tucson), Tennessee v. Oregon/LSU, and Mississippi State @ Notre Dame as your most attractive 4 for TV purposes.  Least appealing is UVA/ODU v. DBU, Texas/USF and ECU/Vandy both looking the next "best" exciting.  UC-Irvine pulls off the upset tonight, they probably become the second least attractive Super with Tech.  Stanford-Tech would get some eyeballs but would be bound by CDT tv times.  I guess we have to fucking wait on Old Dominion like the old 

ESPN could hype the Vandy series just for Rocker and Leiter.

6 minutes ago, msudawg said:

That's Arkansas... that is an offense that can pounce on you seriously quick. 

Oh sure. Your team puts up six runs and you are all like "this is why you want to play us! We can't hit!" But if Piggy does it suddenly they're the sultans of swat.

7 minutes ago, WBT said:

Damn, looks like Nebraska has run out of pitching.  Too bad.  And despite playing one fewer game, Arkansas had to ride their ace for 167 and counting.  I think NC State gives them a battle this weekend.

I said a couple of weeks back around the Texas Tech series that Texas is the deepest team in college baseball with Vanderbilt and Tennessee right behind. Arkansas is thinner with Pallette (who was their #2) gone.

They ride Kevin Kopps, he is about to be 12-0 on the season and has the most innings pitched of anyone on their team. 

The regional format was going to be the hardest hurdle for them to clear. Super regional is just a weekend series and once you get to Omaha you get days off between games until you start making a deep losers run

• Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo
Just now, TornACL said:

ESPN could hype the Vandy series just for Rocker and Leiter.

Oh yeah, they're gonna hype the shit out of it...I'm just thinking it may not be their primetime broadcast.  And would likely be relegated to ESPNU.  They need 1 low-rating series to start Friday and another to start Saturday.  ECU/Vandy wouldn't be one of those, but it'd be close.  We might be close too.  

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Oh sure. Your team puts up six runs and you are all like "this is why you want to play us! We can't hit!" But if Piggy does it suddenly they're the sultans of swat.

A little difference in quality of opponent... 

2 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Announcer on the Hog game said their Super was going to start Friday.  Is he full of shit, or do the SEC teams get an early heads up?

2 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Announcer on the Hog game said their Super was going to start Friday.  Is he full of shit, or do the SEC teams get an early heads up?

Full of it.. .. will find out tomorrow. 

Guest Lobo

I suppose as a courtesy, ESPN already let ODU/UVA-DBU teams know they'd get until Saturday to play again given the delays.  To off-set that, they let one other Super know they'd go on Friday.