2022 Texas Baseball

Balcones

6 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Probably DH? Nice that Titanic is in the field now to open up that DH role

That’s what I’m thinking. Wouldn’t mind DHing Todd for part of the year to keep him healthy. Not sure if Campbell can play right. He looked ok in left last year but he’s a really solid infielder. 

Man this kicks ass. No more auto outs and some actual pop off the bench. Bout fucking time. No more Jake Mackenzie types starting. Thank fuck

Edited by Fletch
Fuck you auto correct
  • Hook 'Em 1

I stepped away from baseball after the World Series to focus on football and recruiting, and just noticed yesterday that Texas is pretty-season #1. How the heck did that happen? The last I heard we were losing a bunch of guys in the draft and the class coming in was good but not that good.

Edited by Dbeasy

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

@Lobo any update on that David Freese nugget you dropped a month or so ago?

Really liking Kennedy and Faltines tinkered stances. This is what developing hitters looks like, T-Nic. Talent wasting asswipe 

Hadn't heard much since I mentioned it awhile back.  Just that he was planning to kinda linger around/unofficially coach and mentor whoever asked him to.  Nothing serious right now.  But I bet he comes more officially engaged in 2023 or 2024.  Nothing sinister, family just wants to be in Austin for a good chunk of the year and Pierce wants him around more.  

Just now, Dbeasy said:

I stepped away from baseball after the World Series to focus on football and recruiting, and just noticed yesterday that Texas is pretty-season #1. How the heck did that happen? The last I heard we were losing a bunch of guys in the draft and the class coming in was good but not that good.

Yeah no. We return 7 of our 9 position players, 2 of our 3 weekend rotation, Witt who’s a future first rounder, our closer from last year and added a loaded recruiting class with some seriously high upside pitchers and some pop. So no. Not at all

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, OB3 said:

EK better bring it this year. I know his speed is nice. But if Campbell and Stehly are both hitting like that, there’s no way you don’t have both of them in the lineup

He’s an amazing defender though. Gonna be a lot of early competition. Gonna be fun watching it all play out 

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

He’s an amazing defender though. Gonna be a lot of early competition. Gonna be fun watching it all play out 

He is. But it’s like what the Astros do with Yordan when they play in NL parks (I know neither one of them are even close to him.) Just get the best hitters out there, I would rather sacrifice that 1 defensive play maybe every 3 games with a better hitter

16 minutes ago, OB3 said:

He is. But it’s like what the Astros do with Yordan when they play in NL parks (I know neither one of them are even close to him.) Just get the best hitters out there, I would rather sacrifice that 1 defensive play maybe every 3 games with a better hitter

True. Though we’ve seen first hand now big a liability a shitty left fielder is. Ask 05 Florida or 02 South Carolina or 02 Stanford or everyone besides Fullerton we played in the post season in 04. If Kennedy can give us a .760ish or better ops at the top of the lineup, we’re golden. If not then Campbell time in left field. Campbell should absolutely at least be our everyday dh

Edited by Fletch

Just now, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Melendez may be in the running for DH if his D today is an indication …

That’s probably for the best. Let him completely focus on hitting. Let maybe Schuessler or Campbell or Stehly take a shot at first. iirc Stehly played a tad bit of first last year. He’s got a pretty good glove 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

That’s probably for the best. Let him completely focus on hitting. Let maybe Schuessler or Campbell or Stehly take a shot at first. iirc Stehly played a tad bit of first last year. He’s got a pretty good glove 

I liked what I saw in Stehly last season.  Wouldn’t have been disappointed had he gotten some of Cam William’s PT.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

I liked what I saw in Stehly last season.  Wouldn’t have been disappointed had he gotten some of Cam William’s PT.

Especially with Campbell’s sort of inconsistent defense. He made up for it at the plate though. Stehly is a stud though. 

Welcome back, Duplantier. Good fuck Antico

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Especially with Campbell’s sort of inconsistent defense. He made up for it at the plate though. Stehly is a stud though. 

Welcome back, Duplantier. Good fuck Antico

That was a meatball up in the zone. I'll let it slide for his first batter in forever. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

That was a meatball up in the zone. I'll let it slide for his first batter in forever. 

Oh absolutely. Especially with Antico picking up where he left off last June. Duplantier and Southard should be nasty set up dudes for Nixon 

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Well you must have heard nothing after the end of the series because we got our best case scenario, we barely lost anybody in the draft either returning players or draftees. We are loaded.

I started going to UT games with my Dad and Grandfather way back in the early 1980s. My Grandfather passed in 1984 so it was just me and Dad for decades. We went the College World Series last June and we were so fired up after seeing how well everything went in July. But he got sick in September and died in October so he won't be around to see how it turns out. It is going to suck to see this season unfold without him, but hey at least I now have my sons to watch it with me. This season is going to be special I feel it.

Sorry to hear that Valmy. If you have any ashes or some token of your dad - make sure to bring that to Omaha this year so he can see them win it all again. 

• Hook 'Em 2