2022 Texas Baseball

Balcones

1 hour ago, OB3 said:

I mean it’s a good problem to have but who are you gonna take off the field for him? 

Maybe something like Campbell and Todd rotating in left with Powell as the dh for lefties while Todd and Campbell switch back and fourth between right and dh against righties

32 minutes ago, msudawg said:

Will do. We start off against the Dirtbags... of Long beach State.   Sims' our closer from last year is now our Friday night ace.  and It's Game time now!

Pretty strong schedule, especially if the Northern Kentucky Norse are looking good this year.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Pretty strong schedule, especially if the Northern Kentucky Norse are looking good this year.  

Pretty strong schedule yall got there with that Big 12 conference.... 

In all seriousness. LBS is ranked #24 currently and likely will win their conference. 

Edited by msudawg
  • Fuck You 2

40 minutes ago, msudawg said:

In all seriousness. LBS is ranked #24 currently and likely will win their conference. 

Yes. Our slouch of a conference with tech, tcu, okie state, baylor and ou just can’t compete with the se…..AL east.

Fuck off with that nonsense. The big 12 the last 20 years have been a really good baseball conference. Maybe read up on what big 12 teams have accomplished the last 10 years instead of talking shit. Oh wait, you went to state. Research and reading isn’t y’all’s strong suit

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yes. Our slouch of a conference with tech, tcu, okie state, baylor and ou just can’t compete with the se…..AL east.

Fuck off with that nonsense. The big 12 the last 20 years have been a really good baseball conference. Maybe read up on what big 12 teams have accomplished the last 10 years instead of talking shit. Oh wait, you went to state. Research and reading isn’t y’all’s strong suit

I negged him for that shit and he went and negged me on another thread. 🙄

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Simmer down... it was dripping in sarcasm.   Much as the other poster hating on our opponent because they aren't a name. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I negged him for that shit and he went and negged me on another thread. 🙄

Negged him too for that sec we’re so perfect and awesome mentality 

1 minute ago, msudawg said:

Simmer down... it was dripping in sarcasm.   Much as the other poster hating on our opponent because they aren't a name. 

Calmer than you are. But yeah for future reference, go ahead and realize where you are. 

Just now, Fletch said:

Negged him too for that sec we’re so perfect and awesome mentality 

Calmer than you are. But yeah for future reference, go ahead and realize where you are. 

I know where I'm at... and have been for freaking 15 years... and drink with some of ya fools every year during football season. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, msudawg said:

I know where I'm at... and have been for freaking 15 years... and drink with some of ya fools every year during football season. 

Listen, you no good Mississippi state Cocksucker, use your mother fucking inside voice or you’ll find your ass outside!!!

Ha just kidding dude. You’re a good dude and poster. Looking forward to annihilating you guys in the supers or Omaha

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Listen, you no good Mississippi state Cocksucker, use your mother fucking inside voice or you’ll find your ass outside!!!

Ha just kidding dude. You’re a good dude and poster. Looking forward to annihilating you guys in the supers or Omaha

Listen you psycho motherf*cker you respect my authority!!!!!

Damnit I wish I was sitting watching a baseball game in person somewhere. Got spoiled with the last few years the Dawgs coming over. 

and oh yeah. don't hate on our schedule... we can't help tx tech always chokes! 

Don't worry. we will have fun together with home and homes very soon when you join the Cult...

SEC SEC SEC. 

Edited by msudawg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, msudawg said:

Listen you psycho motherf*cker you respect my authority!!!!!

Damnit I wish I was sitting watching a baseball game in person somewhere. Got spoiled with the last few years the Dawgs coming over. 

and oh yeah. don't hate on our schedule... we can't help tx tech always chokes! 

Don't worry. we will have fun together with home and homes very soon when you join the Cult...

SEC SEC SEC. 

Man, the worst part of joining the SEC is all the Big 12 baseball teams that will be available for february games... :( 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, msudawg said:

Dude, I wasn't hating on your schedule at all.  MSU plays Texas Tech, LBSU, Tulane, and for all I know, NKU could be decent (same conference as TN Tech).  Jeez...

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, msudawg said:

Fair enough point... Stinnett won't be out closer. and glad we won't see Ramirez again. 

Our bat's usually start slow....  far from a panic moment yet. 

I remember in 2006  @UNLV baseball, they had the nerve to chant overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrated against the 2005 national champions....  

6 hours ago, Pablo said:

I enjoyed Graham's interview.  Made me wish we had been able to pull him away from Rice

When? He had the misfortune of being a coach while Texas had 2 of the greatest college baseball coaches in history. And Pierce was hired the year before Graham retired. If there had ever been a time when Texas wanted him, he would have left Rice in a heartbeat.

02.16.2022 | Baseball

No. 1 Baseball announces Saturday TraDISCHions schedule

The Longhorns will honor a series of program greats throughout the 2022 season.

AUSTIN, Texas – No. 1 Texas Baseball will honor its history throughout the 2022 season as part of the new Saturday TraDISCHions series at UFCU Disch-Falk Field.

Six former Longhorn greats and the 2002 National Championship team will all be celebrated, starting with former player and coach Tommy Harmon on Saturday, Feb. 19.

Harmon helped lead Texas to three-straight SWC Championships as an All-American catcher from 1968-70 and later served on the coaching staff from 1990-2012 and serving as associate head coach from 2004-12. In all, Harmon was a part of 13 conference championship teams, 12 College World Series teams and two National Championships. Inducted into the Texas Athletics Hall of Honor in 1993, Harmon continues to serve as a Senior Director for the Longhorn Foundation.

Outfielder Calvin Murray, who will be recognized on Feb. 26, had a prolific career for the Horns as he finished with a .311 batting average, 197 runs, 14 triples and a school-record 139 stolen bases. From 1990-92, Murray was named a First Team All-American and helped lead Texas to two SWC Championships and a trip to the College World Series. Murray was inducted into the Hall of Honor in 2007.

Right-handed pitcher Jim Gideon, who will be honored on March 19, led Texas to three-straight SWC Championships and the 1975 National Championship while being named All-SWC, All-American and team MVP in 1974 and 1975. In his career on the mound, he recorded 40 wins and tossed eight shutouts. He posted a 19-2 record in 1974 and went 17-0 on the way to the 1975 national title. He was selected for the Texas Athletics Hall of Honor in 1992.

Right-handed pitcher Taylor Jungmann, who will be recognized on April 9, won the 2011 Dick Howser Trophy as the best player in college baseball that season. He was also the 2011 Big 12 Pitcher of the Year and a two-time First Team All-American. He finished his three-year career ranked in the top 10 in program history in ERA (1.85, 7th), strikeouts (356, 6th), wins (32, 10th), innings pitched (355.2, 6th) and opponent batting average (.188, 6th).

Texas will honor the 20th Anniversary of the 2002 National Championship Team on April 23. The 2002 Longhorns went 57-15, won the Big 12 Conference regular season and tournament championships and swept through the College World Series to win the program's fifth national title.

Second baseman Bill Bates, who will be recognized on April 30, helped lead Texas to the 1983 National Championship as a Freshman All-American second baseman. He was a two-time First Team All-American and led Texas to three SWC titles and three CWS appearances. He still holds the program record with 20 career triples and season records with 100 runs scored and 13 triples in 1985. He ranks in the top-10 at Texas in games played (223, 5th), runs scored (223, 2nd), doubles (54, 8th) and stolen bases (86, 4th). Bates was inducted into the Hall of Honor in 2000.

A member of two National Championship teams and four-straight College World Series teams, infielder Seth Johnston will be honored on Friday, May 20, to cap off the TraDISCHions schedule. After being selected in the seventh round of the 2004 MLB Draft, Johnston returned to the Forty Acres for the 2005 season to lead Texas to its sixth National Championship. He set a single-season program record with 115 hits, while leading the team with a .378 batting average and 66 RBI. He was inducted into the Texas Athletics Hall of Honor in 2019.

TraDISCHions Schedule
Saturday, Feb. 19 vs. Rice – Tommy Harmon (coach/player)
Saturday, Feb. 26 vs. Alabama – Calvin Murray
Saturday, March 19 vs. Incarnate Word – Jim Gideon
Saturday, April 9 vs. TCU – Taylor Jungmann
Saturday, April 23 vs. Baylor – 2002 National Championship Team
Saturday, April 30 vs. Oklahoma State – Bill Bates
Friday, May 20 vs. Kansas – Seth Johnston

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

When? He had the misfortune of being a coach while Texas had 2 of the greatest college baseball coaches in history. And Pierce was hired the year before Graham retired. If there had ever been a time when Texas wanted him, he would have left Rice in a heartbeat.

I obviously loved Gus and Augie, but you're right, when is the right question.  I didn't realize the difference was only 1 year between Pierce and Graham. 

14 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Does subscribing to espn+ get you access to watch LHN?  I listened to the game last night on the radio, but I'm truing to figure out how to watch this season.  I added Espn+ to my Hulu subscription, but that doesn't seem to let me watch the LHN live.

I don’t think you can watch live, but you can watch all of them on demand.