2022 Texas Baseball

Balcones

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

Great start and nice win despite the shitty weather today in CC. 

Hope the team puts a beat down on Bama this weekend (if games get played). 

By Friday evening, the precip/ice will be gone...but it will be cold as shit.  but they should get the game in.  Saturday's gonna be tough.  It's supposed to rain, just all damn day.  I wish we could switch up Sunday and aim for a double-header.  But TV has moved the game to 2:30p, which is very late by Sunday standards...especially when your opponent is flying home to the ESTzone.  Maybe they can come to an agreement for a 7-inning game and start it Saturday night, finish it Sunday morning and play the Sunday game as planned?  We're planning on going Sunday, so obviously we hope it works out...but be fun to see Alabama at the Disch.  I know they're not one of the historically stronger programs in the SEC.  But hey, it's fucking 'Bama.  Let's get in 27 and whip some ass.  

Well, I'm glad they saw it my way.  Hopefully we can get in 6 on Saturday, but it's not looking great.  Maybe squeeze in a finish on Sunday morning?  (We're still talking about baseball, right?) 

58 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Well, I'm glad they saw it my way.  Hopefully we can get in 6 on Saturday, but it's not looking great.  Maybe squeeze in a finish on Sunday morning?  (We're still talking about baseball, right?) 

My youngest was due to have a tourney down in Dripping Springs this weekend and the Saturday games are already canceled and they are making it a Sunday only tourney. Big difference between 12 yo and College but I am not hopeful for much Saturday baseball to happen.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Meh, they're only calling for .2 inches of rain. Cold but not that cold. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to get jammed by a fastball on Saturday, but if the forecast holds I don't see it being cancelled.

Musta been updated, I'm glad.  It looked like not heavy, but very consistent rain throughout the day on Saturday.  I like that Friday got moved up, that takes away and concern there except just cold.  If needed, I'm hoping they could squeeze in the end of the Saturday game on Sunday morning and then play at 1:00p as now planned.  That 2:30p start time on a Sunday with an east coast team didn't look right anyway.  Just want an SEC sweep.

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Musta been updated, I'm glad.  It looked like not heavy, but very consistent rain throughout the day on Saturday.  I like that Friday got moved up, that takes away and concern there except just cold.  If needed, I'm hoping they could squeeze in the end of the Saturday game on Sunday morning and then play at 1:00p as now planned.  That 2:30p start time on a Sunday with an east coast team didn't look right anyway.  Just want an SEC sweep.

Alabama is an east coast team?  Did you learn your geography from Trump?

🤣

I drew them over towards the ocean with a sharpie and they rewarded me with a scholarship.  

Meant east time zone team.  A few posts up, I used the correct term then I watched Russia set fire to Ukraine, had a few drinks, and yes...now...to me...Alabama is on the East Coast.  

I drew them over towards the ocean with a sharpie and they rewarded me with a scholarship.  
Meant east time zone team.  A few posts up, I used the correct term then I watched Russia set fire to Ukraine, had a few drinks, and yes...now...to me...Alabama is on the East Coast.  
Did America move the time zones or what? Lol

Shit, I don't know why I thought Alabama was Eastern Time.  I guess because I never think of that shithole.  Well good for them for making the switch ;) 

Still, as long as their trip home is...2:30p was an awfully late start for a Sunday game with them.  Earlier first pitch will be better for fans and their safe travels.  

Unless that hurricane gets 'em.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

No, that is not why this series is interesting, you fool. Go post your own Twitter bullshit that has been suspended, fucking idiot. 

I didn't know Alabama tried to hire Pierce. Why would this get you so mad? I come to this site for information like that. 

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

It's a small sample but a 0.60 ERA so far for the Texas pitching staff and teams are only hitting .144. 

My only worry is the lack of left handed pitchers. 

15 hours ago, jw4381 said:

Psyched to have picked up tickets for game 3 OK St weekend. Can’t believe how inexpensive they are. 

Same. I was shocked at how cheap they were. I'm taking my kid that weekend. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Imagine tweeting, then posting, about a job hired almost 6 years ago.

Stick to women’s hoops, fool. 

This getting you so upset is cracking me up but it's totally Derka. 

Sometimes I'm actually sad for you the way you have these mental breakdowns. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Wait, the two shadow operatives aren't Derka? 

I thought it was well known here that it was Derka's other sock. I'm entertained either way.  

I don't think so but could be wrong. I just saw an outburst so figured it had to be Derka. 

I actually like Derka and think he's a good poster. I don't know who this guy is other than somebody that's very upset this morning. 

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

I don't think so but could be wrong. I just saw an outburst so figured it had to be Derka. 

I actually like Derka and think he's a good poster. I don't know who this guy is other than somebody that's very upset this morning. 

I saw it discussed in another thread that they're the same person. Or at least somebody thought it was Derka's other handle. 

It has to be him with a reaction like this. If it isn't Derka this is a very odd reaction. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I saw it discussed in another thread that they're the same person. Or at least somebody thought it was Derka's other handle. 

It has to be him with a reaction like this. If it isn't Derka this is a very odd reaction. 

It isn't. I just saw shadow operative and an outburst so figured it had to be Derka lol. 

I'm still confused why he's so mad though. 

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

How fucking stupid are you? Derka started the TCU hoops thread, that ain’t me. Click my fucking profile, idiot. 

The only person I've seen react this way is Derka and I'm only referencing a discussion that was in another thread where they said you were Derka's sock.  

Are you really this big of an asshole? I honestly feel bad for you. 

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Are you really this goddamn stupid? I honestly feel bad for you. 

I don't care either way. I was only asking a question because I saw it mentioned in another thread that you were both Derka. 

I can definitely see how TS12 thought it was Derka based on your reaction. The only person I've ever seen go crazy like this over something so stupid is Derka. If you aren't Derka you play the role well. 

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm glad I logged in. I've been entertained this morning. 

All it took was a post saying Pierce would be at Alabama right now if Texas didn't hire him. 

To get this upset over something is amusing to me. All he has to do is either A) Put me on ignore or B) don't follow my twitter. Apparently, he's not capable of either of those things.