2022 Texas Baseball

Balcones

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

So you are both fucking idiots, confirmed. 

Back to 2022 Texas baseball. 

I'm not active on here. All I asked was a simple question because it was referenced in another thread that both shadow operatives were Derka. I can see why this mistake would be made based on your reaction. 

It is wild how mad you are over this. 

I didn't even know TS12 made another twitter account and I'm now tempted to go see his tweets to find you getting this mad. As I said earlier, thanks for the comedy this morning. 

20 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I fucking promise I don’t follow your Twitter. 

So you just seek out my tweets without following me. That's serial killer behavior. 

FYI nobody had RTed my tweet when you went off on this tangent. That means I'm so far in your head you went to my twitter account without following me, read my tweets, got upset, and came here to bitch. 

That is truly sad. 

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Serial killer behavior, really? That’s embarrassing even for you. You are an idiot that got suspended on Twitter & should stick to women’s hoops. 

So you're confirming you went to his twitter and read all his tweets without following him? 

This is amazing content. 

I followed TS12's twitter before it was suspended and I've never seen somebody that can get aggys riled up like him. He has a real talent at this apparently. You actually went to his account and stalked his tweets to come here to get mad at said tweets? This is fantastic content so I thank you. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

no one else cares to read this shit. 

Right.  No one else cares to read your shit on this board. Remember killer you started it by lashing out at a simple comment from a poster that some may have not known or forgotten.  

drop it dude. Jesus. 

Edited by Eugene11
Deleted part because I don’t follow shit ass basketball board
  • Like 1

Yeah, he's not Derka. I just read shadow operative and saw the response thinking it was a Derka like response. Only thing I feel bad about is mocking Derka because I like him as a poster and think he posts informative stuff in the basketball thread. 

Regardless, back to baseball. 

How is Texas going to use Duplantier this year? Midweek starter or out of the pen on the weekends? I guess it could be both like this last week. 

21 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t know why coy Cobb can’t get any innings during the week. He looked fine in the alumni game. 

strange that the Tuesday starter is unavailable but the Wednesday starter might be. I wonder if that just means Dre will be starting the following Tuesday. Is that the shsu game?

Dre hadn't pitched in almost 2 years IIRC

1 hour ago, OB3 said:

Don’t like that going forward… give the midweek starts to someone else

Ideally, I'd like to see Gordon take the Tuesday starter role and run with it.  We'll need him in a 4th-starter role in May and June. We'd also need to develop a lefty reliever, and early returns point to Harrison being ready and able, but who knows.  We'll need a Wednesday starter a few more times as well, but you would think the back-end guys could handle that.

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t know why coy Cobb can’t get any innings during the week. He looked fine in the alumni game. 

strange that the Tuesday starter is unavailable but the Wednesday starter might be. I wonder if that just means Dre will be starting the following Tuesday. Is that the shsu game?

Cobb has had the weirdest fucking tenure. Sunday starter as a freshman and seemingly jack shit since. I figured he’d get the opportunity to get the Tuesday spot. Still early but not looking likely. He seems perfect for Tuesday or middle reliever but…..

1 hour ago, zlavydra said:

Ideally, I'd like to see Gordon take the Tuesday starter role and run with it.  We'll need him in a 4th-starter role in May and June. We'd also need to develop a lefty reliever, and early returns point to Harrison being ready and able, but who knows.  We'll need a Wednesday starter a few more times as well, but you would think the back-end guys could handle that.

……yeah. Gordon had some command issues last night, but he looked fucking filthy when he was locating. His tweaked throwing motion allows his arm to whip around and get more spin on the ball. Cold night and first start so whatever but if he gets his control down, he’ll be a nasty Tuesday 4th starter. 

Still wish we’d use Cobb in some capacity. Maybe the Cole Quintanilla route of mediocre starter but great for 2-6 outs late in the game 

47 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Cobb has had the weirdest fucking tenure. Sunday starter as a freshman and seemingly jack shit since. I figured he’d get the opportunity to get the Tuesday spot. Still early but not looking likely. He seems perfect for Tuesday or middle reliever but…..

……yeah. Gordon had some command issues last night, but he looked fucking filthy when he was locating. His tweaked throwing motion allows his arm to whip around and get more spin on the ball. Cold night and first start so whatever but if he gets his control down, he’ll be a nasty Tuesday 4th starter. 

Still wish we’d use Cobb in some capacity. Maybe the Cole Quintanilla route of mediocre starter but great for 2-6 outs late in the game 

So... set-up man?

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

So... set-up man?

Didn’t he and Witt switch off at setting it up for Nixon last year? Whatever just seems weird a Sunday starter as a freshman hasn’t done jack shit since 

he being Cole 

Edited by Fletch

8 hours ago, Fletch said:

I think Gordon can throw with a good bit more velo too. There was a comment from Pierce last year where he talked about Gordon finding the zone and that they told him to dial it back some. 

Once Gordon figures things out I think he's going to be really good. 

10 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Hey, did you guys hear that Pierce probably would have gone to Alabama if Texas hadn't hired him? Adds a little bit of interest to the matchup this weekend, dontcha think?

I laughed but in all seriousness I think this is probably the last year we have Sean Allen on staff. 

Rice probably should have hired him this last cycle. The job he's done with this pitching staff has been incredible but I think Pierce plays a big role in that too. 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah Ivan hasn’t had anything hit to him that would require a spectacular play but he has made all of the routine plays…routinely, including one ball going to his right and throwing to second. Doesn’t look as sharp picking low throws, but small sample size there. 

He still looks awkward at times on throws that are a bit off to 1B. 

I was expecting a lot worse for some reason though. I can't remember where (maybe McComas when he was at OB) that said Ivan was apparently terrible at 1B when given reps last year in practice. 

38 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Wait he says “velo”? If so I’m ashamed. 

I haven’t listened to Galindo call a game in years in basketball or baseball. Normally on mute. 

Mute is the solution for Galindo.

However, while that works for basketball (who gives a fuck what Lance Blanks mumbles about?), muting baseball to avoid Galindo robs us of great Moreland and Swindell insights and stories.  That makes for a tough decision …

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Mute is the solution for Galindo.

However, while that works for basketball (who gives a fuck what Lance Blanks mumbles about?), muting baseball to avoid Galindo robs us of great Moreland and Swindell insights and stories.  That makes for a tough decision …

You aren't wrong about Blanks or Galindo. The LHN broadcast for baseball is top notch in general. I really enjoyed hearing Graham and Harmon this past weekend. 

I don't know how LHN can see the difference in baseball and basketball to not realize changes need to be made. Texas fans are vocal about it too. 

Luckily, Galindo rarely calls baseball games these days. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

You aren't wrong about Blanks or Galindo. The LHN broadcast for baseball is top notch in general. I really enjoyed hearing Graham and Harmon this past weekend. 

I don't know how LHN can see the difference in baseball and basketball to not realize changes need to be made. Texas fans are vocal about it too. 

Because LHN doesn’t care bc how else will you watch unless you go to the game? Besides, time will take care of the problem when we move to the SEC.  I could see Galindo end up reassigned by ESPN to doing ESPN+ announcing for Big 12 games. Don’t think SECN would want him. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

I know it’s a limited sample, but I think Melendez has looked good at 1B. 

Probably better than expected. 

Whoever is developing 1B is doing a damn good job because weren’t there questions about Zubia’s ability to play 1B? He ended up being reliable at 1B. 

I was surprised that Melendez did so poor at bat against CC aggy.   Hope he returns to form against Bama.

6 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

I laughed but in all seriousness I think this is probably the last year we have Sean Allen on staff. 

Rice probably should have hired him this last cycle. The job he's done with this pitching staff has been incredible but I think Pierce plays a big role in that too. 

Is it Allen or Pierce that’s the pitching guru? Every year Pierce has been here (except 2019) we’ve had a nasty staff and at least 1 guy gets significantly better throughout the season. And when Allen leaves, I’d really like to pick up Alaniz. Keep it in the family 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Is it Allen or Pierce that’s the pitching guru? Every year Pierce has been here (except 2019) we’ve had a nasty staff and at least 1 guy gets significantly better throughout the season. And when Allen leaves, I’d really like to pick up Alaniz. Keep it in the family 

It's both but we've improved significantly going from Haig to Allen IMO. So Allen has to be doing something right. 

I'm never worried about pitching with Pierce though. He's had legit pitching everywhere he's been dating back to when he was the pitching coach at Rice. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Fletch said:

"Both" but 80% Allen 20% Pierce.

• Hook 'Em 1

He still looks awkward at times on throws that are a bit off to 1B. 
I was expecting a lot worse for some reason though. I can't remember where (maybe McComas when he was at OB) that said Ivan was apparently terrible at 1B when given reps last year in practice. 

Pierce’s defenses have been excellent (I’ve blocked 2019 from my mind tyvm). Ivan honestly probably saved Faltine even more heartache on the last out against CC. Throw was well high but he pulled it in and kept the toe down on a close play. Love to see it.

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yeah Keith and Lefty together announcing baseball is awesome -- love them bringing in guests too !!   

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Spaceman_Spiff said:

Pierce’s defenses have been excellent (I’ve blocked 2019 from my mind tyvm). Ivan honestly probably saved Faltine even more heartache on the last out against CC. Throw was well high but he pulled it in and kept the toe down on a close play. Love to see it.

2019 went to shit when Hamilton fucked up his knee screwing around on a scooter. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

13 hours ago, Spaceman_Spiff said:

Honestly just don’t think Cobb developed. His numbers were bad in 2019 and 2020 and he couldn’t strike out anyone. Had a ~5.5 FIP with a negative K-BB%..not pretty. Better to develop guys with more years left and use arms with legit stuff out of the pen.

Posrep for your handle and avatar.

• Hook 'Em 1