2022 Texas Baseball

Balcones

Thanks @zlavydra! I mean, the way Pierce has, as the article said, developed Parker Joe, Bocchi then dudes like Sawyer and McGuire. He brought along Hansen perfectly last year. Got all he could out of Nick Kennedy, Shugart and Kingham. Cobb seems like he’d be perfect for Tuesday or out of the pen. In fairness, this our deepest pitching staff since 2014. Good problem to have obviously 

On 2/22/2022 at 10:04 PM, HtownHorn said:

Yeah this team is relentless on offense through 4 games. I can't remember this kind of start offensively in the last 10 seasons. Even when Texas got out to hot starts, their offense was lagging behind. Going to be fun this weekend with Bama in town.

You arrogant ass. You killed us. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Eugene11 said:

As it should be

Fuckin a. Hahah god damn. We were pretty elite pitching and defense wise from ‘10-‘15. Just in ‘12 and ‘13 we had some of the worst hitting teams I’ve seen here. ‘14 pitching and defense was elite snd we met our potential in the post season. ‘15 was one of the bigger let down of a seasons as there’s been in Texas baseball history.  We were ass in 2016 then Pierce takes over and immediately turns around the pitching and defense. Man if DJ and Hamilton don’t get hurt in 2019….not saying we would’ve gone to the CWS but just would’ve been nice to have a good catcher and elite shortstop ya know? But yep. With last season and the way we’re looking so far, we’re back to the Texas longhorn baseball we outta be. Vandy and Oregon state have been cute. Move over, kids. The men have arrived 

I've looked but haven't seen anything, but are the Shriner Classic games televised?  ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU?

And is the roof being open a tbd thing? Hoping to catch the ucla game Sunday and would be great if roof was open. Weather permitting of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

My only beef with Moreland is that he says the same thing on every hit - "He RIPS it to left" "He RIPS it up the middle" 

23 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Innersting.  I think he only says that when it's a knock.

Idk guys he seems pretty reserved to me. He only seems to use it when it’s a heavy hit. 

28 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

My only beef with Moreland is that he says the same thing on every hit - "He RIPS it to left" "He RIPS it up the middle" 

Score that as an "era " , "he's on his horse" and when the big un is rounding third,  "dragging a piano". 

3 minutes ago, petscii said:

This is the way.

One of the weekday games last week I listened to the radio broadcast while driving home, and craig was indisposed due to calling the basketball game later that night. 
the guy calling instead was not very good, and thornhill needs more help than he was given. I don’t really mind silence when there’s nothing going on, as tends to happen during a baseball game, it was the speaking that bothered me and it felt obvious that thornhill wasn’t accustomed to dead air. As one wouldn’t be when working with Craig way. 

https://www.mlb.com/network/tv-schedule

MLB.com is scheduled to telecast all the Friday games from the Houston Shriner's Classic.    Texas schedule shows they will do the entire tournament but they haven't posted their Sat/Sun sched.

MLB.com telecasting likely means there will be "outlaw" available streams.

Edited by torre

11 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

8-0 seems good

I couldn't be happier. Starting 8-0? I mean without a good old fashioned Gus type opening schedule? Amazing. Not only did we think we were going to be awesome, now we see that we are in fact awesome and living up to expectations. I knew we were going to be great this year but I had prepared myself emotionally for a possible slow start like last year.

I hope the more casual UT fans jump on this bandwagon and we pack Disch-Falk the rest of the season. Too bad we have to wait until Incarnate Word comes into town before we have another home three game series.

Edited by Valmy77

17 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I couldn't be happier. Starting 8-0? I mean without a good old fashioned Gus type opening schedule? Amazing. Not only did we think we were going to be awesome, now we see that we are in fact awesome and living up to expectations. I knew we were going to be great this year but I had prepared myself emotionally for a possible slow start like last year.

I hope the more casual UT fans jump on this bandwagon and we pack Disch-Falk the rest of the season. Too bad we have to wait until Incarnate Word comes into town before we have another home three game series.

Same. I don’t think Pierce has ever had a Texas team start out looking this good.