2022 Texas Baseball

Balcones

3 hours ago, hornian said:

I could be wrong, but I read Putt's post as this is the last game he will see in person this season. Not that he's giving up on the team. 

No no no. He clearly said “fuck this team. That Sunday loss was inexcusable. Pierce should walk home from Houston and be let go by June. Meanwhile, these pussies that call themselves Texas baseball players can transfer or quit for all I fucking care. If we don’t hire Childress, I’m officially don’t with Texas baseball.” 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Fletch said:

No no no. He clearly said “fuck this team. That Sunday loss was inexcusable. Pierce should walk home from Houston and be let go by June. Meanwhile, these pussies that call themselves Texas baseball players can transfer or quit for all I fucking care. If we don’t hire Childress, I’m officially don’t with Texas baseball.” 

Was he wearing a "Done Mess With Texas" shirt?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Was he wearing a "Done Mess With Texas" shirt?

Fucking iPhone combined with you, the Heinrich Himmler of grammar Nazis. Eh whatever 

So what’s the plan this week? Duplantier tomorrow then like Stewart or some other freshman Wednesday? 

1 minute ago, DoneWithit said:

Dre to start on Tuesday 

Just now, Fletch said:

Fucking iPhone combined with you, the Heinrich Himmler of grammar Nazis. Eh whatever 

So what’s the plan this week? Duplantier tomorrow then like Stewart or some other freshman Wednesday? 

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’ll throw it out there - if anyone has two tickets for the Aggie game, I need two 

No, no, no!  You said you were done.

To keep Putt from being a liar and a cheat, I’ll jump on the grenade and take those 2 tickets.

You’re welcome Putt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I scanned this a couple times and didn’t see any other Big12 teams in the top 50.  I may have missed one though. 

You sir are correct. Baylor at #53 with a tree FIDDY era.

Being the last two weeks are basically September games in football, those earned runs will rise dramatically come conference play.

giphy.gif

No, no, no!  You said you were done.
To keep Putt from being a liar and a cheat, I’ll jump on the grenade and take those 2 tickets.
You’re welcome Putt.

I think they know they are going to get killed this year. It wouldn’t surprise me if they let their Friday starter sit out the weekend before just for this game. No way in hell they throw a 4/5th starter against these bats.

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’ll throw it out there - if anyone has two tickets for the Aggie game, I need two 

I have two that totally aren’t for sale. Friend of mine and I are gonna be behind the aggy dugout. Lookin forward to fucking with em as they come off the field after we put up multiple crooked numbers 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, I think we just be patient until conference play starts and let him get in his side sessions and don't interject.  Hook 'em fingers crossed, but my hand is too old 'n fat.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I think we just be patient until conference play starts and let him get in his side sessions and don't interject.  Hook 'em fingers crossed, but my hand is too old 'n fat.

That’s totally cool with me. Let Gordon or whoever take the Sunday spot the next couple weekends then keep Witt on a pitch count in conference play 

Does anyone have a runners stranded stat for opposing teams on the year? TXST just stranded 10, I think LSU or Tennessee (or both) stranded double digits.

Clearly there is some skill involved from our pitchers to get out of those jams, but also a lot of luck. If we can't throw strikes we may be hurting come conference play.

Edited by SomeoneYouKnow2

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Hope we get a good crowd tomorrow. The dreaded one game homestand.

Quite a few TX State fans usually travel up to Austin for this game -- agree that a good UT crowd is needed.

Might be some epic shit talk going on tomorrow at The Disch !!!  🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, OB3 said:

This kid is good friends with some of the players. I think he runs the barstool account too. Hopefully he just heard some inaccurate info

Ok now this is news worth panicking about. Man if he is hurt I hope to burnt orange Jesus it is for a month or something at worst and he can come back later.

Edited by Valmy77

1 hour ago, SomeoneYouKnow2 said:

Does anyone have a runners stranded stat for opposing teams on the year? TXST just stranded 10, I think LSU or Tennessee (or both) stranded double digits.

Clearly there is some skill involved from our pitchers to get out of those jams, but also a lot of luck. If we can't throw strikes we may be hurting come conference play.

No. It’ll be the same thing. We’ll give up hits and whatnot but we don’t really walk anyone. So yeah that’s part of having an elite defense. Fielders help out the pitcher and the pitcher helps out his fielders. Kinda how baseball works. Do you expect us to strike out 20 a game or something?

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

No. It’ll be the same thing. We’ll give up hits and whatnot but we don’t really walk anyone. So yeah that’s part of having an elite defense. Fielders help out the pitcher and the pitcher helps out his fielders. Kinda how baseball works. Do you expect us to strike out 20 a game or something?

Yeah man, you got it. I expect a Kerry Wood performance every game. Good point!

26 minutes ago, SomeoneYouKnow2 said:

Yeah man, you got it. I expect a Kerry Wood performance every game. Good point!

Not really related to your point but I was thinking about Kerry Wood this past off season. He is my age and back in 1995 when he graduated from High School College Baseball was for guys who couldn't make it to the Minors. Now with the shrinking minor league systems and NIL we might be seeing pitchers of his caliber playing in College now. That is pretty cool to think about.