2022 Texas Baseball

Balcones

13 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

OU needed the money.

They definitely did. 3 day passes to this are 2x as expensive as Shiner College Classic tickets. Individual game tickets are 1.5x expensive. You only get to watch one game vs three games a day. Definitely a money grab bc the land thieves are poor. 

1 hour ago, Tex48 said:

They definitely did. 3 day passes to this are 2x as expensive as Shiner College Classic tickets. Individual game tickets are 1.5x expensive. You only get to watch one game vs three games a day. Definitely a money grab bc the land thieves are poor. 

And could Rangers Marketing want to pique the fans interest due to the delayed MLB season - and the B12 obliged ?  The Yankees were scheduled to play the Rangers at Globe Life that weekend.  The BYU/OKSt series was also moved there due to weather in Provo (allegedly).     

You are right about the expense.

Single Day Tickets and Weekend Passes for the weekend series are on sale now at texasrangers.com/collegebaseball. Tickets are $30 for general admission for one game, or a weekend pass can be purchased for $80. Parking is available the day of the game for $25.

https://texassports.com/news/2022/3/14/no-2-texas-baseball-series-versus-oklahoma-to-be-played-at-globe-life-field.aspx

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

Dis sum BS.  Just bought tickets for the Saturday game in Norman a few days ago.  How can they make a change like this less than a month out?

On the phone with OU ticket office to get a refund despite their “no refund” policy.  They just sent an email saying that I could exchange my tickets for any other OU home game or the football spring game.   Yeah… that ain’t going to work for me, bitches.  

3 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

On the phone with OU ticket office to get a refund despite their “no refund” policy.  They just sent an email saying that I could exchange my tickets for any other OU home game or the football spring game.   Yeah… that ain’t going to work for me, bitches.  

Get some Bedlam tix and scalp 'em.  Of course, they'll be 4-5 at that point, but maybe you can catch some sucker early.

8 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Texas drops to #2 in the D1baseball rankings.

We are currently #4 in RPI and have already played 11 Q1 or Q2 games. By comparison, top ranked Ole Miss has played 6, Texas Tech and OU have played 7, Arkansas has played 9, A&M has played 8 (all Q2 games, they haven't played a Q1 game while we've played 6 lol).

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

They refunded, but not until I sat on hold for 15 minutes listening to Boomer Sooner and their alma mater.  

I think that violates the Geneva Convention, the US Constitution and at least 2 or 3 commandments 

"On the phone with OU ticket office to get a refund despite their “no refund” policy.  They just sent an email saying that I could exchange my tickets for any other OU home game or the football spring game.   Yeah… that ain’t going to work for me, bitches. "

Did you expect any less from the land thieves?

17 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Well we better not be reciprocating next year and lose a home series by moving north . Fuck that.

Breathe easy, my friend !

Texas also confirmed that this is a one-year deal. Oklahoma will come to Austin in 2023.

https://www.statesman.com/story/sports/2022/03/14/texas-longhorns-ut-baseball-moves-games-against-oklahoma-sooners-globe-life-field-red-river-rivalry/7038276001/

• Hook 'Em 2

Holy shit, never realized that was him.  Not often you see him in a film with Werner Brandes.  

Also, 4 years already we lost Augie.  Damn.  RIP, Coach.  

Holy shit, never realized that was him.  Not often you see him in a film with Werner Brandes.  
Also, 4 years already we lost Augie.  Damn.  RIP, Coach.  

Ha, I pointed that out years ago on the thread on Movies/TV board. Pretty funny. Anyway, I caught the final 30 mins of Donnie Darko on HBO last night and never realized Seth Roger is one of the guys who attach Jake Gyllenhaal and Jena Malone at the end of the movie.

3 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Tomorrow's game (Citadel) is on ESPN+, but no such luck tonight. Have to go with the Flo(w): https://www.flobaseball.tv/

Basically it's $7.99 to watch the game.

But, no extra charge for the inevitable Surly poster whining about the camera work, “homer” announcers, and biased officiating!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3