2022 Texas Baseball

Balcones

51 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Maybe my outrage meter is malfunctioning but what is so terrible about taking a drink from a flask? He is from a JC so probably 21 right? And even if he is 20 come on.

Suspend him for a couple games. What is the big deal?

Didn't Jordan Etier have a similar weed/cops bullshit thing a few years ago.  Tim Moss ran from the law and still went to Omaha.   Make him haul equipment by himself the next 10-20 games... 

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Bobby Layne approves.

Jim Bouton, too, probably.

Don’t get me wrong. What they pulled off is legendary. Fuckers in the 40’s and 50’s and whatnot drinking beers and smoking cigs at the half while dipping during a football game. Just flat out legendary

Getting a swig during the game from  someone in the crowd while said crowd is clearing filming you and cheering you on in today’s age is ummmm……how do you put it….? Oh! Fucking stupid. My god. This is dumber than the time @ztejas walked up to the police station ass naked with a kilo of blow 

Edited by Fletch

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

This is dumber than the time @ztejas walked up to the police station ass naked with a kilo of blow 

Never done that but I have pissed on the downtown police station in NOLA on accident. Cops handed me some paper towels and made me clean it up. This was post Sugar Bowl win in 2018.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Never done that but I have pissed on the downtown police station in NOLA on accident. Cops handed me some paper towels and made me clean it up. This was post Sugar Bowl win in 2018.

Ha. My dad and I did some serious damage on bourbon street New Years. He was fine the next day. I walked into the lobby of this best western we were staying in shirtless with hurricane stains on the side of my mouth and a literal walking fire hazard as people were checking in to grab some of their complimentary beers. Rebounded harder then I ever have before and got to the super dome like the second the gates opened. Saw Bevo almost obliterate that little shitty dog haha that was fun as fuck. We’ll have more fun when there’s a surly takeover when we’re in the championship series in Omaha 

Just now, Beau Vine said:

I was the head coach of a championship-winning slow-pitch intramural softball team in college.  I basically had one rule -- if you showed up drunk, you had to play catcher.  Maybe Pierce has the same rule?

That's just cruel.

57 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Don’t get me wrong. What they pulled off is legendary. Fuckers in the 40’s and 50’s and whatnot drinking beers and smoking cigs at the half while dipping during a football game. Just flat out legendary

Getting a swig during the game from  someone in the crowd while said crowd is clearing filming you and cheering you on in today’s age is ummmm……how do you put it….? Oh! Fucking stupid. My god. This is dumber than the time @ztejas walked up to the police station ass naked with a kilo of blow 

Well, you know Bobby Layne was an outstanding pitcher, too.  And supposedly, he guzzled beer between innings while compiling a 28-0 record over three years in the SWC.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, you know Bobby Layne was an outstanding pitcher, too.  And supposedly, he guzzled beer between innings while compiling a 28-0 record over three years in the SWC.

Yep. Shit same with James Street. Don’t know about the drinking but damn, Slick loved talking trash 

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Maybe my outrage meter is malfunctioning but what is so terrible about taking a drink from a flask? He is from a JC so probably 21 right? And even if he is 20 come on.

Suspend him for a couple games. What is the big deal?

1 hour ago, petscii said:

Didn't Jordan Etier have a similar weed/cops bullshit thing a few years ago.  Tim Moss ran from the law and still went to Omaha.   Make him haul equipment by himself the next 10-20 games... 

During a game.  In uniform.

You guys gotta be fucking kidding.  He's gone as he should be.

• Hook 'Em 3

Ivan Melendez could get arrested downtown high on PCP naked as a jaybird and I'd want him back once he got his mind right. 

Drinking - on camera - during a game - while catching in the bullpen - is so far from redemption we shouldn't even entertain the idea. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Why the fuck did any of you think that was Silas or Kimble? Yall do know what bullpen catchers are right? Also who the fuck cares? This dude was never going to play for us, just like every other bullpen catcher in history. Rudy only happened once. 

I'm pretty sure James Barton was unleashed for at least 1 AB.

9 hours ago, Fletch said:

I was a tad but worried maybe Schuessler was chilling up there. I know the whole bullpen catchers vs actual catchers thing. But I mean with our luck the last 10 or whatever years, it wouldn’t have surprised me if something like that happened with our backup catcher, this case Schuessler, just doing that cause that would happen to us. We haven’t been able to have nice things for a long time and some of the most bizarre things have gone on off the field. 

Shit this just reminded me of the legend of Ricky Jacquez. Vert highly touted coming out of high school. I remember McComas thinking he had the highest ceiling out of that beast of a class. Dylan Peters, Parker French and John Curtiss were in that class. Anyways dude gets the Saturday or Sunday (can’t remember which) start against Missouri in Columbia, takes like 4 warm up pitches then barfs on the mound, immediately gets pulled before the game even starts and is off the team. Unreal. Had a couple friends on the team and they said he was out till 3 am in Columbia and came back fucking hammered with 2 random Missouri sorority sluts him. iirc, he was starting to put it together and may have beaten out Parker French for the Friday spot. Oops

Sunday game in Columbia 2012. Legendary.  Speaking of Columbia, I'm heading out tomorrow morning. Weather's going to suck.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

Sunday DH's might be good for us this year with Witt gone. Shorter games, less arms needed. 

Yeah. I mean I want some more innings for some guys to get some more reps, but we definitely need some rest. We mostly know what we got in the bullpen. Really need Southhard and/or Cobb to step up. And LBJ has some serious potential. And Blair and Sthele look like perfect bridge/gap/stoppers or whatever. 

It’s not awesome losing Witt but it’s pretty awesome looking at the potential the new faces have 

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

Sunday DH's might be good for us this year with Witt gone. Shorter games, less arms needed. 

Well if that tweet is to be believed they're playing 2 9 inning games. 

And I think there are very few teams in the country that would benefit less from a shorter series than we would - even with Witt out. 

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Well if that tweet is to be believed they're playing 2 9 inning games. 

And I think there are very few teams in the country that would benefit less from a shorter series than we would - even with Witt out. 

I’m cool either way. Some rest would be alright but a few more innings to get some dudes on the mound would be nice. Especially for Southhard and Cobb. Really feel like those 2 could have a really solid seasons 

17 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I’m cool either way. Some rest would be alright but a few more innings to get some dudes on the mound would be nice. Especially for Southhard and Cobb. Really feel like those 2 could have a really solid seasons 

There is a future Friday starter in this bullpen... 

Yeah, I'm not worried about a consistent new starter emerging on this deep staff.  Just that we have figured it out by the end of the month when conference play being in earnest in Lubbock.  

Jealous of y'all are going on some of the 5 games in the Palmetto State this week.  Anything less than 4-1, don't come back to Texas!  

Well, I'm going to have to watch basketball while blowing off work.

Same.
It would’ve been easier to watch today except for the fact the Horns got bounced and, ou upset Baylor, and aggy somehow beat auburn.

Needed some Horns baseball today

Tomorrow will be big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, petscii said:

There is a future Friday starter in this bullpen... 

I’m biased cause I generally like the dude and comeback stories kick ass, but Cobb was a fucking Sunday starter as a freshman and that team sucked but still….Losing Hamilton and DJ then just running out of gas after the tech series murdered us that year. But yeah really want Cobb to at least play a Parker Joe type role on this team, 4th or Sunday starter would be fucking awesome. Again, we turned a fucking dude from Italy (he was the bookie and ran the numbers racket in west campus btw) into a pretty damn good college pitcher. He fucking gave us 5 innings and only gave up 1 run in game 3 of the supers.  I think Cobb can do something similar 

Edited by Fletch

20 hours ago, ztejas said:

if I find out about any post Alamobowl antics on a Texas shrine I will make you chew the head off of a bat

Texas drops to #2 in the D1baseball rankings.

We are currently #4 in RPI and have already played 11 Q1 or Q2 games. By comparison, top ranked Ole Miss has played 6, Texas Tech and OU have played 7, Arkansas has played 9, A&M has played 8 (all Q2 games, they haven't played a Q1 game while we've played 6 lol).