2022 Texas Baseball

Balcones

5 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Maybe.

In my opinion, I’m thinking bigger picture than conference champs. Don’t take that to mean the conference championship is not important. It is, but it is secondary to Omaha.

Totally agree. Just saying - we didn't get swept last year, lost one series, and split the B12 title. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Since the conference has had 9 baseball teams (2012) the regular season winner has only been swept in a series once (Baylor, 2012)

Well nobody is going to sweep us. Especially as after Tech we have a very favorable schedule, with road series only at K-State and West Virginia now that OU made the bizarre decision to move the series to the Texas-friendly (or at best nuetral) site.

We already finished the toughest part of the schedule. Both TCU and Oklahoma State will have to come here.

52 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Ivan improved his pace to dethrone Kyle Russell's single season HR record (28).

13 bombs over first 26 games played.  Assuming 65 game season (we played 67 last season so a reasonable if not conservative estimate), he's on pace for 32.50.  

I want to see that half HR.  Ground-rule double?

37 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

Headed to game tonight vs aggy. Wheres best gen pop area to park?

Normally, I’d say pay to park in the parking garage but everything around the stadium is sold out. Not sure what I’ll do for parking either, other than bring cash. 🤷🏼‍♂️

44 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Hispanic Titanic moved up to 1st in the national HR race, tied with UVA's Jake Gelof at 13.

I don't even remember Russell bombing 28, holy crap.  15-20 used to be a great season.

You don’t remember it because those teams sucked in the postseason. But yea you could not leave anything on the inside half to KR.

29 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

You don’t remember it because those teams sucked in the postseason. But yea you could not leave anything on the inside half to KR.

That was the year we lost the regional to Irvine at Dell Diamond iirc.

Edited by WBT

10 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Team ERA up to 3.49.   Creeping up to 2019 territory which was 4.37.  I’m guessing we will settle in around 3.7 to 4.0 for the season when it’s all said and done. 

You do realize the hard part of the schedule is almost over? Rest of the Tuesday games are cupcakes and we get the soft part of the Big 12 in about 2 weeks.

I’ll bet anyone we finish below a 3.25 ERA.

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

You do realize the hard part of the schedule is almost over? Rest of the Tuesday games are cupcakes and we get the soft part of the Big 12 in about 2 weeks.

I’ll bet anyone we finish below a 3.25 ERA.

These teams we are giving up 8, 12, 16 runs to are nothing special.  Anybody who has 3 decent hitters in a row is shelling us. 

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

These teams we are giving up 8, 12, 16 runs to are nothing special.  Anybody who has 3 decent hitters in a row is shelling us. 

We just played 3 games in Lubbock against a “nothing special” top 10 team and a game tonight where half of A&M’s runs were wind aided bombs. We have bullpen issues but let’s not act like a) the offenses were playing aren’t good and b) there has been some outside influences inflating runs. A&M’s been an offense first team with terrible pitching all year. Wasn’t a secret heading into tonight.

Edited by Hookem2147