2022 Texas Baseball

Balcones

17 minutes ago, bluto said:

Surely that’s not Silas? The aggie xfer? Or just bullpen scrub catcher… wilonskys son

Definitely no Silas. Please don’t be the aggy transfer. Good lord how fucking stupid can you be. “Hey yeah I’ll take a sip from this flask in an age where everyone everywhere has their fucking phone out recording shit!” Dumbass. Kick him off the team 

• Hook 'Em 1

We might not need more than 2 starters this weekend.  It's going to start raining in Columbia tomorrow night right at game time and not let up until late Saturday morning.  Saturday's going to be wet and frigid (odd combination, I know).  Sunday looks clear, so if either of the 2 first games get postponed, perhaps one could be made up then.  Are we allowed to play on Mondays?  I know it generally doesn't work because of the visiting team's travel schedule, but we don't have to be in Charleston until Tuesday.

57 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Definitely no Silas. Please don’t be the aggy transfer. Good lord how fucking stupid can you be. “Hey yeah I’ll take a sip from this flask in an age where everyone everywhere has their fucking phone out recording shit!” Dumbass. Kick him off the team 

It looked like he was intentionally doing it for a picture or a video. 

12 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Cool. He can go tell his drinking buddies about it this weekend while the team is in South Carolina. Dumbfuck

I agree. I just meant it is even dumber than doing something knowing someone could be taking a video. He appeared to be intentionally doing it on video. Extra extra dumb. 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I agree. I just meant it is even dumber than doing something knowing someone could be taking a video. He appeared to be intentionally doing it on video. Extra extra dumb. 

Seriously like what the fuck was he thinking? Just incredibly fucking stupid. Coming from a guy who did plenty of fucking stupid things his age. And still do….

30 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Ahhh shit dude does that fuck you out of the Friday game? We need some TrashMaster magic this weekend 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

But like seriously so worth it. All the bros at the SAE house are gonna fuckin love this, bro.

“Dude! Bro!! This guy got kicked off the team for hitting the flask during the game!!!Just fucking epic!!! Bro don’t give a fuck!!!! Def biggest legend I’ve ever met!!!!” -some frat douche friend of his this weekend probably 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

Babers on the radio won’t announce who it was, but said he’s been taken off the official team roster already. Just checked. Silas and Schuessler are still on it. Thank Christ 

Babers and his new sidekick were like WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WAS IN THE FLASK - BUT IT LOOKED SUSPICIOUS 

Like really guys, we're gonna do this routine?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Babers and his new sidekick were like WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WAS IN THE FLASK - BUT IT LOOKED SUSPICIOUS 

Like really guys, we're gonna do this routine?

Yeah Babers is alright. I like how well prepared he is and whatnot. He may not be the most knowledgeable and I’ve gotten used to his voice, but I like the dude. Makes me laugh from time to time and again, clearly does his homework even if his opinion is a tad off. This new sidekick dude on the other hand. My god 

Like 2nd day he was there he was like “imma talk some longhorn baseball for minute. Just read a preview from baseball America(or something idk) and let me tell you, Pete Hansen is THE KEY to the longhorn team. They have talent and depth but if he has a great season, Texas is gonna be in good shape!!!”

No shit, dude. Hey guys, you think if Ewers has a great season this fall, we’re gonna be in good shape? Tough question, I know. 

Don’t fucking get me started on Trey Elling. Oh my god that fucking guy

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yeah Babers is alright. I like how well prepared he is and whatnot. He may not be the most knowledgeable and I’ve gotten used to his voice, but I like the dude. Makes me laugh from time to time and again, clearly does his homework even if his opinion is a tad off. This new sidekick dude on the other hand. My god 

Like 2nd day he was there he was like “imma talk some longhorn baseball for minute. Just read a preview from baseball America(or something idk) and let me tell you, Pete Hansen is THE KEY to the longhorn team. They have talent and depth but if he has a great season, Texas is gonna be in good shape!!!”

No shit, dude. Hey guys, you think if Ewers has a great season this fall, we’re gonna be in good shape? Tough question, I know. 

Don’t fucking get me started on Trey Elling. Oh my god that fucking guy

They had a pretty good setup with KD and BK and Babers. Rod needs two other guys that dissent with his opinion or provide insights of their own and also take away from his air time. He doesn't need a yes man next to him that lets him have the mic 70% of the time. 

And I don't hate Rod - I just think he's better in short bursts and when he's more confined to topics he's knowledgeable on. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

They had a pretty good setup with KD and BK and Babers. Rod needs two other guys that dissent with his opinion or provide insights of their own and also take away from his air time. He doesn't need a yes man next to him that lets him have the mic 70% of the time. 

And I don't hate Rod - I just think he's better in short bursts and when he's more confined to topics he's knowledgeable on. 

Yeah that was pretty good shit. Now everything’s fucked. Including goof ball aggy and the most obnoxious, condescending, bitchy, whiny ass voiced fucking douchebag. He should be the radio dude for some jazz station is San Francisco. Not a sports talk radio dude in Austin. Did you know Trey is from Chicago? He doesn’t really bring it up often or anything 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Why the fuck did any of you think that was Silas or Kimble? Yall do know what bullpen catchers are right? Also who the fuck cares? This dude was never going to play for us, just like every other bullpen catcher in history. Rudy only happened once. 

I was a tad but worried maybe Schuessler was chilling up there. I know the whole bullpen catchers vs actual catchers thing. But I mean with our luck the last 10 or whatever years, it wouldn’t have surprised me if something like that happened with our backup catcher, this case Schuessler, just doing that cause that would happen to us. We haven’t been able to have nice things for a long time and some of the most bizarre things have gone on off the field. 

Shit this just reminded me of the legend of Ricky Jacquez. Vert highly touted coming out of high school. I remember McComas thinking he had the highest ceiling out of that beast of a class. Dylan Peters, Parker French and John Curtiss were in that class. Anyways dude gets the Saturday or Sunday (can’t remember which) start against Missouri in Columbia, takes like 4 warm up pitches then barfs on the mound, immediately gets pulled before the game even starts and is off the team. Unreal. Had a couple friends on the team and they said he was out till 3 am in Columbia and came back fucking hammered with 2 random Missouri sorority sluts him. iirc, he was starting to put it together and may have beaten out Parker French for the Friday spot. Oops

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Maybe my outrage meter is malfunctioning but what is so terrible about taking a drink from a flask? He is from a JC so probably 21 right? And even if he is 20 come on.

Suspend him for a couple games. What is the big deal?

I hope you're kidding. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Maybe my outrage meter is malfunctioning but what is so terrible about taking a drink from a flask? He is from a JC so probably 21 right? And even if he is 20 come on.

Doing it during a game with dozens of people standing like right there filming him, him knowing it, and still doing it. If he does this and like a team trainer sees him and rats him out and it’s not on video or anything, then yeah he’d probably get 3 games for undisclosed reasons or academic something. But doing it on camera representing UT in a video tailor made to go viral…..yeah. See ya

Edited by Fletch

Your outrage meter is indeed malfunctioning. Are you fucking serious ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk