What If? Disney+ Marvel Animated Series

mdmost

So last weekend's episode. Is Killmonger a lefty or a righty? They were very inconsistent. Also, his rifle (M-16 variant I guess) looked like it had ejection ports on both sides. And it had no sights. He must be pretty dang good to score all those hits without any type of sights. It seems like the animators just pulled an image of an AR-15 off the internet to base it on and didn't realize that it needed sights or some sort of optics. They probably didn't bother to look for images that show the left hand side of the rifle either and just tossed an injection port on both sides, lol.

On 9/30/2021 at 12:16 AM, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

So last weekend's episode. Is Killmonger a lefty or a righty? They were very inconsistent. Also, his rifle (M-16 variant I guess) looked like it had ejection ports on both sides. And it had no sights. He must be pretty dang good to score all those hits without any type of sights. It seems like the animators just pulled an image of an AR-15 off the internet to base it on and didn't realize that it needed sights or some sort of optics. They probably didn't bother to look for images that show the left hand side of the rifle either and just tossed an injection port on both sides, lol.

What if you're a little too anal to watch a cartoon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I liked the Thor episode. I don't mind a little cheesiness. I am a fan of Loki now after the series, and while I knew he was born from a frost giant, I never really asked why he didn't look like a front giant just because he was raised by Odin. Found this on wikipedia. Was this explained in the movies or series, or did one need to be a comic book nerd to know this?

Loki was born a Frost Giant and abandoned as an infant by his father Laufey, only to be found by Odin during an invasion of the realm of the Frost Giants in Jotunheim. Odin used magic to make Loki appear Asgardian and raised him as a son alongside Odin's biological son, Thor. 

37 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I liked the Thor episode. I don't mind a little cheesiness. I am a fan of Loki now after the series, and while I knew he was born from a frost giant, I never really asked why he didn't look like a front giant just because he was raised by Odin. Found this on wikipedia. Was this explained in the movies or series, or did one need to be a comic book nerd to know this?

Loki was born a Frost Giant and abandoned as an infant by his father Laufey, only to be found by Odin during an invasion of the realm of the Frost Giants in Jotunheim. Odin used magic to make Loki appear Asgardian and raised him as a son alongside Odin's biological son, Thor. 

The first Thor movie 

13 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I notice things, and sometimes I find them amusing. I was just wondering if anybody else noticed any of those things. They really didnt keep me from enjoying it.

Well, he is supposed to be a good shot, so the sights shouldn’t matter :)

Now that they have set Stark up to be the Kenny of What If, they could have a pretty dark episode where he is not meant to exist in the universe to see his daughter grow up, but being Tony stark he doesn’t accept that. Might be a little too similar to the dr strange episode 4, but I think they could flesh it out pretty good

I could also envision pretty good dark-comedy showing all the spectacular defeats Strange witnessed that weren’t the 1 in 14 million. 

Edit - oh, and fan theory they one of the worlds they punched in to in episode 8 was Mustafar. It does look every similar. I know they are just having fun with it, but What If is the perfect vehicle for them to have a not serious throw away SW cross over episode. 

Edited by UT_OB1

I really enjoyed the finale. Set up season 2 nicely. I'm guessing there's a missing Gamora episode as she was dropped in there with little explanation.

Spoiler

So I guess season 2's first episode will be What If Steve Rodgers was the Winter Soldier?

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I really enjoyed the finale. Set up season 2 nicely. I'm guessing there's a missing Gamora episode as she was dropped in there with little explanation.

Hide contents

So I guess season 2's first episode will be What If Steve Rodgers was the Winter Soldier?

Yeah the missing episode was What If Tony Stark landed on Sakaar. I think it's supposed to be in season 2

Thoroughly enjoyed it, but it makes me realize how little I recall from past movies. Half of the places that were destroyed were places I can hardly recall their significance. I watched some summary videos on YouTube that help. I'd like to go back sometime and watch all the movies, but that would be like a month and a half without sleep at this point.

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

Thoroughly enjoyed it, but it makes me realize how little I recall from past movies. Half of the places that were destroyed were places I can hardly recall their significance. I watched some summary videos on YouTube that help. I'd like to go back sometime and watch all the movies, but that would be like a month and a half without sleep at this point.

I'm going to wait until next year or the year after, and then watch a movie a day during the summer with my son (he hasn't really seen any of them yet).

Oh great. Take a great, fun, charismatic character and stick in dullest self important personality in his place.

Would we be subjected to this shit if Boseman was alive?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...