What If? Disney+ Marvel Animated Series

mdmost

On 8/25/2021 at 11:15 PM, mdmost said:

I liked it. That was very in line with the What If? comics used to do....

Hide contents

Like killing almost every hero. Though I figured out that it was Hank Pym after Barton was killed. Enjoyed that he made his suit the Yellow Jacket version to show he had gone crazy with rage. That's very much like the comic version of Hank Pym. 

Didn't really have an issue with that.    Just how easy it was.

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Easy until the reveal that it was Hank fucking around.

I don’t remember him much from the comics other than as in the periphery. Was hankering really that powerful?

And how did a fucking arrow kill Thor? He can fly through ships and withstand the focused heat of a star…

10 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

I don’t remember him much from the comics other than as in the periphery. Was hankering really that powerful?

Hank was master of the quantum realm and all of that, and could shrink up and down rapidly.  they were actually somewhat clever deaths, because he was either hitting them when they were vulnerable (Iron Man after his bender and when he was ill, Hawkeye locked up), or where they were vulnerable (Hulk heart), etc.

10 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

And how did a fucking arrow kill Thor? He can fly through ships and withstand the focused heat of a star…

The same way that Jane and Co. running into his ass with an SUV knocked the shit out of him, rather than destroying the SUV.

Thor had his powers stripped or whatever by Odin, and cast down on Earth.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hank was master of the quantum realm and all of that, and could shrink up and down rapidly.  they were actually somewhat clever deaths, because he was either hitting them when they were vulnerable (Iron Man after his bender and when he was ill, Hawkeye locked up), or where they were vulnerable (Hulk heart), etc.

The same way that Jane and Co. running into his ass with an SUV knocked the shit out of him, rather than destroying the SUV.

Thor had his powers stripped or whatever by Odin, and cast down on Earth.

Oh!  I forgot this coincided with Thor 1. I mean they told us that but there was lot going on and it slipped my mind. I didn’t realize until this episode that Thor 1, IM2, and Hulk all happened in the same week.

34 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Exactly, what I'm talking about.    A single arrow kills the God of Thunder???

Who is the dad of the year?  This guy!..just watched with the 6 and 9 year old, as we have with the other 3 that they have enjoyed. They sat in shear fucking silence for about a minute as the credits rolled. Fml. I wonder if I should screen these first. 

Edited by UT_OB1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Who is the dad of the year?  This guy!..just watched with the 6 and 9 year old, as we have with the other 3 that they have enjoyed. They sat in shear fucking silence for about a minute as the credits rolled. Fml. I wonder if I should screen these first. 

yeah, there may be some nightmare fuel in that one.

5 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

Only have to pay for therapy until they are 18, and then you can cut them loose.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 9:27 AM, atomheartbevo said:

Check out #4.

I have and it was good. I think it is this style of animation. It has never done anything for me. Regular animation is fine. Live-action is fine. Even regular CGI, e.g. LotR or Avatar, can be fine. This style may be too close to the uncanny valley for me. 

I really like this last one - I find Killmonger to be one of the more interesting Marvel characters.  

Also, it's kinda ridiculous that RDJ and Goop Girl can't be bothered to record fewer than 30 minutes of dialogue for these shows.  Meanwhile, Chadwick is on his deathbed cranking out voice acting for his character.   I know their contracts are up, long time commitment to Marvel, blah blah blah ... but come on.  These are your characters that you built.  Take some interest in maintaining the continuity at least.  They could do it at home in their pajamas or yoga pants.

• Hook 'Em 1

I liked it but what a weird ending. Just kinda ends and is open ended a lot like the Loki one where Carol arrives back on Earth. From the midseason preview, I think certain storylines are going to merge like Captain Carter, T'Challa Starlord, Dark Dr Strange, and Zombies. We still haven't gotten Party Thor yet from the previews (no goatee Thor). I'm not sure I'll like the merging of the multiverses but I bet that ties into the Loki series with Kang in some form. I can't recall the comics doing that. 

Yeah it was very light and goofy, not so much serious.  Thor throws big alien party, Frigga mad, Jane still horny for Thor and Darcy is horny for Carol's cat.  

Hopefully the appearance of 

Spoiler

Infinity Ultron

leads into a coherent big bad for the rest of season 1 and season 2

Edited by Js1