What If? Disney+ Marvel Animated Series

mdmost

True. But it's also a cool way to bring back and have final moments with characters that are no longer around such as Killmonger, Yondu, and sadly, Chadwick Bosman's last time as T'Challa. What If? was always one of the comics I kept going back to when I was younger, mainly because Marvel didn't pull any punches in those comics. They'd kill off anyone and everyone since it didn't matter. I really hope they have one with Thanos where he wins the Infinity War completely.

From the preview, the ones I can figure out are episodes are:

1. What If...Peggy Carter took the super soldier serum?

2. What If...T'Challa became Star Lord?

3. What If...Marvel had zombies?

4. What If...Killmonger saved Tony Stark and Iron Man was never created?

5. What If...Loki ruled Asgard?

Not sure about the Spiderman one and I think Dr. Strange is just a bridge between our world and the multiverse. Probably leads into his sequel. 

Season 2 has already been ordered. 

Edited by mdmost

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Pretty clever way to endlessly monetize Marvel. Infinite storylines that don’t have to maintain any sort of continuity.

And they get to draw on a shit-ton of older Marvel comics - I have a bunch of the What If stuff, and they were always pretty cool.

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

True. But it's also a cool way to bring back and have final moments with characters that are no longer around such as Killmonger, Yondu, and sadly, Chadwick Bosman's last time as T'Challa. What If? was always one of the comics I kept going back to when I was younger, mainly because Marvel didn't pull any punches in those comics. They'd kill off anyone and everyone since it didn't matter. I really hope they have one with Thanos where he wins the Infinity War completely.

From the preview, the ones I can figure out are episodes are:

1. What If...Peggy Carter took the super soldier serum?

2. What If...T'Challa became Star Lord?

3. What If...Marvel had zombies?

4. What If...Killmonger saved Tony Stark and Iron Man was never created?

5. What If...Loki ruled Asgard?

Not sure about the Spiderman one and I think Dr. Strange is just a bridge between our world and the multiverse. Probably leads into his sequel. 

Season 2 has already been ordered. 

What if Howard the Duck became an Avenger???

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yeah, pretty enjoyable. I'll keep watching. Will each episode be a separate "what if" as in, there won't be a continuous story line throughout the series?

That's the expectation, yes. I could see some kind of connection with Dr. Strange or Loki in the season finale or something though.

24 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yeah, pretty enjoyable. I'll keep watching. Will each episode be a separate "what if" as in, there won't be a continuous story line throughout the series?

Each will be a separate reality where a specific event changes. I think the next one is T'Challa becomes Star Lord. I could see all the separate new heroes coming together in some multiverse event. Putting the next thing is spoilers:

Spoiler

There were hints at a Guardians of the Multiverse event coming up.

Season 2 has already been greenlit. 

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

2 hours ago, Viper said:

That's the expectation, yes. I could see some kind of connection with Dr. Strange or Loki in the season finale or something though.

I read that captain Carter will be in most of the episodes.  Then there is the Watcher, and I believe he’s going to over step his “don’t interfere” roll. 

I think these will tie together a little bit. 

Any excuse for me to see/hear Hayley Atwell again is a good one.   I'm still mad they canceled Agent Carter.   She's absolute smoke!    

The first ep was cool as hell.   Cant wait to see what the others hold.

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, d2o said:

Any excuse for me to see/hear Hayley Atwell again is a good one.   I'm still mad they canceled Agent Carter.   She's absolute smoke!    

The second episode may be the best 32 minutes the MCU has ever produced.

3 hours ago, d2o said:

Her voice changed a lot. Much more mature sounding Peggy 

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

E1>E2.

I don’t find Black Panther compelling at all. I really don’t like him replacing one of the better characters with his dull personality.

There is a deep spiritual aspect to the Black Panther which is antithesis to Peter Quill. 

A prefect what if.

Hope they do What if Wolverine fought the Hulk.

20 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

There is a deep spiritual aspect to the Black Panther which is antithesis to Peter Quill. 

A prefect what if.

Hope they do What if Wolverine fought the Hulk.

Right? This Star Lord was inspirational and a positive force that people adored and admired while Peter Quill’s was chaotic and a fuckup and annoyed the fuck out of everyone. It was the perfect “imagine the exact opposite” scenario with those two 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/19/2021 at 10:25 AM, CooterBrown said:

I guess if you're familiar with the comics. From a movie only perspective, he's boring AF.

This is why I still haven’t seen Black Panther. It’s the only MCU movie I haven’t seen, because I don’t want to ruin the mystique. 

Episode 3 speculation

Spoiler

The teaser for the episode shows Loki and the Asgard army on Earth, interspersed with Iron Man 2 scenes, Hulk, Thor, and Capt in ice. I'm guessing the title is What If...Loki Conquered Earth? The change is Loki becoming King of Asgard instead of Thor. Then he doesn't need Thanos to try to find his glorious purpose. It's interesting because I thought this would be the Killmonger episode. So we still have that and the Zombies episode to look forward to.

29 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Episode 3 speculation

Hide contents

The teaser for the episode shows Loki and the Asgard army on Earth, interspersed with Iron Man 2 scenes, Hulk, Thor, and Capt in ice. I'm guessing the title is What If...Loki Conquered Earth? The change is Loki becoming King of Asgard instead of Thor. Then he doesn't need Thanos to try to find his glorious purpose. It's interesting because I thought this would be the Killmonger episode. So we still have that and the Zombies episode to look forward to.

I just assumed we were seeing one universe - like the butterfly effect of captain Britain instead of America, and that led to the changes in episode 2.  So cap in ice would make that not work…maybe it is just a bunch of unconnected verses. I thought they were trying to tie them together though 

No, I think it's random worlds each time. Maybe there will be an episode where Dr Strange brings all the multiverse heroes together. He has an episode coming up as well. The end of the last episode meant Ego was going to be successful in his plan to take over the universe with his seed since Peter wasn't Star Lord and could stop him.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/22/2021 at 8:40 PM, Hawndoh said:

Dude, Black Panther is one of the better MCU movies. It was great.

No, it wasn't.  Unless you mean Top 10...out of the 22 or whatever movies.  But still no.  I know so many who think it was a Top 3 marvel movie, and it wasn't.  I LOVED Boseman as BP(Especially in Winter Soldier), but the movie itself was very paint by numbers and not much better than Antman in all honesty.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

No, it wasn't.  Unless you mean Top 10...out of the 22 or whatever movies.  But still no.  I know so many who think it was a Top 3 marvel movie, and it wasn't.  I LOVED Boseman as BP(Especially in Winter Soldier), but the movie itself was very paint by numbers and not much better than Antman in all honesty.  

It's in the bottom 3 for me. For me, Marvel movies need some humor injected into the proceedings. The entire concept is so ridiculous that it actually helps that the script is bit self-aware. Makes for a fun ride.  BP is the same as the first Thor. Utterly humorless and takes itself too serious.  They course corrected with Thor as a character and now he's a favorite of most fans.  BP never got that chance.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I liked it. That was very in line with the What If? comics used to do....

Spoiler

Like killing almost every hero. Though I figured out that it was Hank Pym after Barton was killed. Enjoyed that he made his suit the Yellow Jacket version to show he had gone crazy with rage. That's very much like the comic version of Hank Pym. 

• Hook 'Em 1