NYAG Eric Schneiderman accused by four women of physical abuse.

Hugo Stiglitz

19 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Well, both sides(tm) in 2016 had an association with sexual misconduct, rape, etc.  But the real answer to your question is because our political systems and parties are failing the American people.  Or alternatively, the failures of our political parties are a simple reflection of the failings of our society and our society is failing.  

Of course I'm not saying that rape culture is the sole reason Donald Trump conned his way to the Presidency. But it certainly assisted him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mojo Hand said:

You do shit like this in your private life? 

??

i've behaved in ways a few times that i'd hate to have to own up to.  nothing like the stuff schneiderman is accused of, but stuff i wish i hadn't done.  i'm beginning to believe that any man who wishes to be important should have himself neutered at 14.  12 if necessary.

13 minutes ago, yaqdum said:

??

i've behaved in ways a few times that i'd hate to have to own up to.  nothing like the stuff schneiderman is accused of, but stuff i wish i hadn't done.  i'm beginning to believe that any man who wishes to be important should have himself neutered at 14.  12 if necessary.

My point is, this isn't a case in which an unknown guy did some sexual shit that was merely embarrassing and then he became famous and it all came out.  This is a case in which someone who was already an important and prominent figure used that power to criminally abuse multiple women and get away with it.   In fact, that is what most of this movement is — men abusing the power they already have. 

There has been some specious metoo stuff, like against Aziz Ansari, that was just overblown embarrassing sexual stuff.  But he was already famous, and famous people always had to worry about their private lives hitting the tabloids.   And there was a pretty solid backlash against that accuser, including from women. 

I just don't think this has developed into something where if you run for office, some clumsy attempts to seduce women at a party years ago are going to take you down.  Even pressuring a woman into sex, where she clearly consented, but didn't enjoy it or maybe regretted consenting later.   Not only is that not of the same scale we're talking about here, but women usually don't want to upend their own lives to come forward publicly.  Even for serious crimes, like Schneiderman or Weinstein or Trump, which is why it took so long to happen.

Tldr:  I think the average guy who has been boorish but hasn't raped or beaten women, or pressured an employee for sex, is safe. 

Edited by Mojo Hand

35 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Of course I'm not saying that rape culture is the sole reason Donald Trump conned his way to the Presidency. But it certainly assisted him. 

Absolutely.  You don't survive 17 or however many accusers without that.  You don't justify an admission to sexual assault on tape as "locker room talk" without that. 

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

She would also be a great replacement for Schneiderman.  She still lives in NY.

Didn't she get her license to practice law revoked?  I would think that might be a requirement for the job.

35 minutes ago, yaqdum said:

??

Or just be a decent Christian and find a decent Christian women. Pretty simple. Nobody will ever be able be able to make up bullshit on Mike Pence, because he won't even have dinner with a women without his wife being there.

Or just be a decent Christian and find a decent Christian women. Pretty simple. Nobody will ever be able be able to make up bullshit on Mike Pence, because he won't even have dinner with a women without his wife being there.
Or maybe Mike P had a few close calls and learned from his mistakes. He's human just like the rest of us. Don't make him more than what he is.

9 minutes ago, SmokeyBear1861 said:

Mike Pence won't have dinner with another woman because he's gay.

• Like 1

The solution isn't to hide from women.  It's to not rape or beat them.  This scandal isn't about false accusations that could have been avoided by always having Mother in the room.  

Yep.

I was freewheeling enough before I got married. Some women ended up liking me, some didn’t. Sometimes, we even fought/argued.

But know what I didn’t do? I never beat or raped any of them. It was really easy. I just chose not to strike or rape a woman, and then, I followed through, and never did those things.

That’s really my biggest piece of advice: in order to avoid being a woman-beating rapist, don’t beat or rape women.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That’s really my biggest piece of advice: in order to avoid being a woman-beating rapist, don’t beat or rape women.

A vast majority of men aren't beating and raping women.  The ones that do will not be reasoned into not doing it.  They know what they are doing is bad and do it anyways.

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

It must be fucking galling to be abused by a guy who then goes on Twitter to preen and virtue signal. I love that the #MeToo movement isn't dying. Keep shining that light, ladies.

It must be brutal when you keep voluntarily screwing a guy that gets abusive with you in the bedroom over and over again for a year and calls you a "turnip". It's almost as if it was perfectly fine when they were together but somehow became not OK when he ended the relationship and money was being offered for the story in an election year.

Sounds traumatic. Like the girls that watched Louis CK jack off on several occasions but didn't want to be rude by telling him to stop or walk away. It only took them 15 years to tighten that bra and fight back against the enemy to further their careers.

Edited by Spankytoes
  • Haha 1

A vast majority of men aren't beating and raping women.  The ones that do will not be reasoned into not doing it.  They know what they are doing is bad and do it anyways.

Reasoned? No.

Shamed/threatened into not doing it? That might have a slightly better success rate.

Yep.

I was freewheeling enough before I got married. Some women ended up liking me, some didn’t. Sometimes, we even fought/argued.

But know what I didn’t do? I never beat or raped any of them. It was really easy. I just chose not to strike or rape a woman, and then, I followed through, and never did those things.

That's what Max said, too!

J/k

It is kind of weird how many foxes are in the domestic violence/women's rights henhouse.

3 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

It must be brutal when you keep voluntarily screwing a guy that gets abusive with you in the bedroom over and over again for a year and calls you a "turnip". It's almost as if it was perfectly fine when they were together but somehow became not OK when he ended the relationship and money was being offered for the story in an election year.

I think you need to walk a mile.  There are some strange psychological and power dynamics at issue in such a relationship that I wouldn't feel comfortable speculating about or trying to unpack.

Regardless--if you're a person who's into BDSM, then there are certain protocols that you have to follow.  You need to get express consent.  And if you want to have running consent, then you need to get that with the acknowledgement of a safe word.  If you don't get that consent by running through those protocols, then you're an abuser and possibly a rapist (depending on the action taken)--it's really as simple as that.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I think you need to walk a mile.  There are some strange psychological and power dynamics at issue in such a relationship that I wouldn't feel comfortable speculating about or trying to unpack.

Regardless--if you're a person who's into BDSM, then there are certain protocols that you have to follow.  You need to get express consent.  And if you want to have running consent, then you need to get that with the acknowledgement of a safe word.  If you don't get that consent by running through those protocols, then you're an abuser and possibly a rapist (depending on the action taken)--it's really as simple as that.

I don’t disagree. But the timing is usually suspect in these type of cases. If she was uncomfortable with the BDSM aspect, or did not want to continue that sort of relationship, why did she continue voluntarily sleeping with him? This isn’t a case of someone threatening a life or forcibly raping a woman. He likes it rough, she apparently did not. Why does this come out publically in a year where he is up for re-election and they are no longer intimate partners? No police report was ever filed by anybody, from what I can tell. It was only when the opportunity to get publicity and $ arose that we heard anything about it. And now a pack of women have all been suddenly liberated all at the same time. It’s awfully convenient timing.

2 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

I don’t disagree. But the timing is usually suspect in these type of cases. If she was uncomfortable with the BDSM aspect, or did not want to continue that sort of relationship, why did she continue voluntarily sleeping with him? This isn’t a case of someone threatening a life or forcibly raping a woman. He likes it rough, she apparently did not. Why does this come out publically in a year where he is up for re-election and they are no longer intimate partners? No police report was ever filed by anybody, from what I can tell. It was only when the opportunity to get publicity and $ arose that we heard anything about it. And now a pack of women have all been suddenly liberated all at the same time. It’s awfully convenient timing.

The nefarious explanation you imply is one possibility.

Another is that they were afraid, thought they were the only person affected and that they wouldn't be believed.  They may have anticipated that if they came forward, they would be attacked by people arguing that they're only making these allegations for money.  And, after all--these are accomplished professional women, and who wants to make this type of thing public unnecessarily?  It was only after (1) Schneiderman ran around acting all virtuous and (2) Farrow put these stories together and told these women that they weren't alone that they decided to come forward.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

The nefarious explanation you imply is one possibility.

Another is that they were afraid, thought they were the only person affected and that they wouldn't be believed.  They may have anticipated that if they came forward, they would be attacked by people arguing that they're only making these allegations for money.  And, after all--these are accomplished professional women, and who wants to make this type of thing public unnecessarily?  It was only after (1) Schneiderman ran around acting all virtuous and (2) Farrow put these stories together and told these women that they weren't alone that they decided to come forward.

Then that still begs the question: Why continue sleeping with him and subjecting yourself to “abuse”? Were they excusing his bedroom behavior due to his position of power and bank account? If we are going on the premise that they were afraid of the negative reactions and consequences, then OK. I don’t understand it, but it’s certainly a legit explanation. But why continue an intimate relationship? Perhaps Schneiderman was acting virtuous because he believed that he was not acting improper? That’s also a possibility. He has straight up said that he likes it rough and what happened behind closed doors took place between consenting adults. But, in these types of claims, there is no innocent until proven guilty. 

I think he’s a piece of shit beyond his sexual activities. But I also think the #metoo movement has become a glorified witch hunt that creates victims seeking publicity rather than empowering women that thought they didn’t have a voice. That’s unfortunate. 

Here's the thing: what if she was asking for it? Like, what if she was dressed super slutty? How can that be rape? Anyways, gotta go, the Dilbert guy just posted some more videos about how women only use 5% of their brains and shouldn't be allowed to vote. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Like 1

Then that still begs the question: Why continue sleeping with him and subjecting yourself to “abuse”? Were they excusing his bedroom behavior due to his position of power and bank account? If we are going on the premise that they were afraid of the negative reactions and consequences, then OK. I don’t understand it, but it’s certainly a legit explanation. But why continue an intimate relationship? Perhaps Schneiderman was acting virtuous because he believed that he was not acting improper? That’s also a possibility. He has straight up said that he likes it rough and what happened behind closed doors took place between consenting adults. But, in these types of claims, there is no innocent until proven guilty. 
I think he’s a piece of shit beyond his sexual activities. But I also think the #metoo movement has become a glorified witch hunt that creates victims seeking publicity rather than empowering women that thought they didn’t have a voice. That’s unfortunate. 

Yeah...you really don’t know much about the psychology of these situations.

How many times should we ask “why doesn’t that gal leave the guy who beats her?” Yet it happens all the time. It isn’t a conspiracy. It’s how humans work.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah...you really don’t know much about the psychology of these situations.

How many times should we ask “why doesn’t that gal leave the guy who beats her?” Yet it happens all the time. It isn’t a conspiracy. It’s how humans work.

So 4 different women were so psychologically screwed up that they decided to voluntarily continue an intimate relationship over the course of 5 years rather than leaving? There is no evidence or claim that he was physically abusive in any way outside of the bedroom.  He takes full liability in his admission that consensual BDSM was occurring. Yet, in their fear, they had the foresight to take pictures of their cuts, scrapes and bruises even though they had no intention of filing a police report? At best, the relationships were FWB. 

The guy could very well be guilty. But, I’ve also seen the other side of the coin where the woman straight up lies about any abuse occurring, which could be done for a myriad of reasons. (And admittingly, I’m jaded as it happened to someone close to me) I’m just saying that it’s pretty damn easy to ruin someone’s life in pursuit of fame and fortune when they are a public figure. The Duke LaCross players will bear that cross for the rest of their lives even though they were 100% acquitted of any wrongdoing. 

7 hours ago, SmokeyBear1861 said:

Plus he's gay.

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2018 at 7:56 PM, Amobie said:

Pretty much every one of the guys outed like this or through #metoo have publicly denounced this behavior prior to being outed.  They know what they are doing is wrong but still do it.  I don't understand what causes this kind of behavior.

Well probably because they know that the women they're abusing won't say shit due to fear or their power...or in the case of most of these people lately, the fear of what it would due to the leftist cause.  

Schneiderman was poised to play a role in the Clinton Presidency...just like Harvey, he too was very close to the Clintons.  If Hillary wins I doubt any of this comes to light as they'd know that Hillary isn't going to abandon them...hell, she covered for the guy in her campaign.  She covered for Bill.  The National Association of Gals aren't going to say shit...just as they didn't with Bill.  Especially with someone that close to Hillary. 

The reality is as long as you support abortion the left will look the other way 99% of the time.  

Hell they were trying to turn Schneiderman's accusers 'sure he beat you & abused you...but think of the damage it will do if you come forward!'.  I'm not saying things like that couldn't be said about either side...but this is supposed to be the party that protects women. 

FTR...I highly doubt this type of shit went on and no one knew.  They knew about Bill.  They knew about Harvey.  They knew about this jackoff as well.  And then foolishly enough continued to throw weight behind him & push him up the ladder.  They're saying he was inline for NY Gov or even Presidential candidate.  

And yea...I get it, Trump.  But adultery & scummy don't equal what we've got going on here...and no one was looking to Trump to lead any morality drives.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

Well probably because they know that the women they're abusing won't say shit due to fear or their power...or in the case of most of these people lately, the fear of what it would due to the leftist cause.  

Schneiderman was poised to play a role in the Clinton Presidency...just like Harvey, he too was very close to the Clintons.  If Hillary wins I doubt any of this comes to light as they'd know that Hillary isn't going to abandon them...hell, she covered for the guy in her campaign.  She covered for Bill.  The National Association of Gals aren't going to say shit...just as they didn't with Bill.  Especially with someone that close to Hillary. 

The reality is as long as you support abortion the left will look the other way 99% of the time.  

Hell they were trying to turn Schneiderman's accusers 'sure he beat you & abused you...but think of the damage it will do if you come forward!'.  I'm not saying things like that couldn't be said about either side...but this is supposed to be the party that protects women. 

FTR...I highly doubt this type of shit went on and no one knew.  They knew about Bill.  They knew about Harvey.  They knew about this jackoff as well.  And then foolishly enough continued to throw weight behind him & push him up the ladder.  They're saying he was inline for NY Gov or even Presidential candidate.  

And yea...I get it, Trump.  But adultery & scummy don't equal what we've got going on here...and no one was looking to Trump to lead any morality drives.  

All of those women accusing him of assault must be lying.

Almost a year ago, there was warming 

10 hours ago, XR4ticlone said:

Oh, it'd come out alright, with timing for optimal damage to be sure.  Almost a year ago, there were repeated warnings from the same folks in non-MSM who were leaking early info about Trump/Russia investigation that several non-GOP players were going to be caught up in similar sex/money/RUS scandals and to be prepared.  I can't help but wonder if Schneiderman was on their radar.  The timing of the revelation published by the New Yorker really lets the air out of that balloon It couldn't be less impactful in light of the Trump circus tent coming un-spiked as I type.

18 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Lawyers can find a way to take the fun out of everything. 

Spoiler

18 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

It's definitely somewhere between Aziz and Cosby.  It is possible he thought they were playing along or took what was playful a bit top far sometimes.  It is also possible that he knew he was out of line but wanted his jollies either way.  It's fucking weird either way (pun intended).

I don't think it's Duke Lacrosse - where the women straight up lied for revenge.

20 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

My safe word is "harder".

I have a buddy who was stationed at 29 palms in the Marines.

He told me a story about screwing a hooker in Tiajuana and she kept saying "Alto, Alto, Alto", which he thought at the time meant "higher, higher, higher" as in deeper/harder.

This seems shady. Cohen and Trump new about this in 2013 and Trump tweeted about it five years ago. Cohen said Trump would expose it, but only if he ran for governor. I guess president caught with his hand in the cookie jar is pretty close. 

Edited by Pods

This seems shady. Cohen and Trump new about this in 2013 and Trump tweeted about it five years ago. Cohen said Trump would expose it, but only if he ran for governor. I guess president caught with his hand in the cookie jar is pretty close. 

Warmer...

On 5/8/2018 at 8:49 AM, bad_teammate said:

I love that the #MeToo movement isn't dying.

Pound Me  Too?

Sounds like struck major blows for it... before it was cool.

Edited by slorch