2021-22 Big XII Basketball Thread of Fuck Baylor

El Diablo

38 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Its why he's usually an early out in the tourney.  the tournament officials don't give a shit about the whole "Press Virgina" marketing scheme...

They didn't really press today.  They hacked a fuck-ton.

LOLZ at the announcers, "WV isn't really trying to foul, they just want to slow up the Red Raiders. That's just kind of reaching in a little bit..."  (when the player ripped at the arm of the offensive player in a fashion so obvious, they had to call it.)

54 minutes ago, slorch said:

They didn't really press today.  They hacked a fuck-ton.

LOLZ at the announcers, "WV isn't really trying to foul, they just want to slow up the Red Raiders. That's just kind of reaching in a little bit..."  (when the player ripped at the arm of the offensive player in a fashion so obvious, they had to call it.)

yeah, they use the "press virginia" marketing to mean they play very tough D and its just really good, well coached execution not fouling.   Huggy bear gets away with it at home and in Big 12 but not when the big tournament rolls around.

Tech and Kansas are tied at the top of the conference in points per possession margin in conference play, despite Tech shooting under 30% from 3 in conference play (I believe).

KU's lack of interior presence really hurt them in Lubbock. Despite missing McCullar and Shannon, we were able to basically get anything we wanted in the paint, and Kansas could not keep up despite Agbaji and Wilson having great games offensively. I'm sure Self has taken whatever measures he can to address this, though his options are a bit limited. I expect Lightfoot might see a bit more time in this one if he doesn't get in quick foul trouble again.

We are a bit of a mismatch for them in our halfcourt offense. Our frontcourt is stronger than their interior defense, and our backcourt is bigger and more athletic overall, so I expect KU will need to outscore us to win, which they are certainly capable of doing in AFH with Self calling the plays.

Really hard to win in AFH, hoping for some magic tonight. Also, less than a 2 day turnaround for both teams for this game so that might play a factor.

Hoping for a good game and no letdowns.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Tech and Kansas are tied at the top of the conference in points per possession margin in conference play, despite Tech shooting under 30% from 3 in conference play (I believe).

KU's lack of interior presence really hurt them in Lubbock. Despite missing McCullar and Shannon, we were able to basically get anything we wanted in the paint, and Kansas could not keep up despite Agbaji and Wilson having great games offensively. I'm sure Self has taken whatever measures he can to address this, though his options are a bit limited. I expect Lightfoot might see a bit more time in this one if he doesn't get in quick foul trouble again.

We are a bit of a mismatch for them in our halfcourt offense. Our frontcourt is stronger than their interior defense, and our backcourt is bigger and more athletic overall, so I expect KU will need to outscore us to win, which they are certainly capable of doing in AFH with Self calling the plays.

Really hard to win in AFH, hoping for some magic tonight. Also, less than a 2 day turnaround for both teams for this game so that might play a factor.

Hoping for a good game and no letdowns.

I like Tech in this one if the bigs for KU are rendered useless like they were in the Hub City. I think the reality is that Tech is just tougher. Now, playing at AFH is ridiculously hard because of the crowd affecting the game and the refs. But I think Tech is just better than them.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JWinTX said:

I like Tech in this one if the bigs for KU are rendered useless like they were in the Hub City. I think the reality is that Tech is just tougher. Now, playing at AFH is ridiculously hard because of the crowd affecting the game and the refs. But I think Tech is just better than them.

Wait, according to 99.99% of the KU fans, the refs are against them 99.99% of the time.

I think Tech is the better team, but Kansas just pulls Big 12 titles out of their ass.  Look for some bad calls down the stretch.

Or maybe more specifically, look for a team that plays really aggressive defense to get calls made against them that don't get called when they play other aggressive defensive teams (ISU/Tech could have had twice as many fouls called as were actually called).  Because Phog.  But don't tell KU fans.

18 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I think Tech is the better team, but Kansas just pulls Big 12 titles out of their ass.  Look for some bad calls down the stretch.

Or maybe more specifically, look for a team that plays really aggressive defense to get calls made against them that don't get called when they play other aggressive defensive teams (ISU/Tech could have had twice as many fouls called as were actually called).  Because Phog.  But don't tell KU fans.

spacer.png

Don't you know that KU is a perpetual victim of bad calls?  The Big 12 refs have conspired against them every game.  How dare you suggest otherwise.

I think every fanbase complains about whistles going against them. KU is spoiled because of the advantage the Phog gives them, but Ames, Morgantown, Lubbock, and places like Stillwater and Manhattan when their teams are good, all provide great home courts, too. I suspect that complaining about refs' calls is the fan's coping mechanism for getting beat.  I know that Baylor fans complain about refs calls a lot on Baylorfans just as we do here on surly. Hell, Baylor fans complain about law enforcement getting involved in actual rapes and murders...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Tommy Shelby said:

Yeah, I don't think Tech is going to pull this out. KU is too good from the 3 today and Tech can't make shit inside.

6pts missed at a minimum inside the arc in the paint.

Tech can still get their D going.

Can't keep missing layups and expect to win.

13 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

How is that not a charge?

IDGAF about the calls at PAF.  Work.  Make shots.  Play your ass off on D.

Don't put it in the refs hands.  They've fucked KU a couple of times in the 2nd half.  Best part of that is their overreaction from expecting it to never happen.

Fuck Kansas.

7 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Remy Martin has been the difference maker today. He didn't do shit in Lubbock but he's been the reason they're ahead so far.

Agbaji has been lights out.

McCormick on the boards...

Kansas has had strong efforts by multiple players. Martin seems like he's herky-jerky and always on the verge of a turnover.  Maybe just my imagination, as he's been money tonight.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Just trying to catch the vibe of the thread, which seems pro-Tech.  Of course, there are at least two Tech fans putting up a lot of posts, so that's probably it.

No. You mentioned some other fanbase that nobody was talking about...

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Just trying to catch the vibe of the thread, which seems pro-Tech.  Of course, there are at least two Tech fans putting up a lot of posts, so that's probably it.

Naw, you've gotta give them credit. They're legit. They've got a great team ...

dog-for-me.gif

(But, seriously, Tech's pretty damned good.)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

It's mainly just whiplash because it seems like every week some non-bball forum regular comes in here and starts mewling about opposing fans posting here or some such other nonsense.

Was I mewling?  Am I not a regular?

I need affirmation.  Please, let me know where I stand.