2021-22 Big XII Basketball Thread of Fuck Baylor

El Diablo

11 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

BlowU is learning the meaning of pain tonight. 7 points through 12 minutes of the 2nd half so far.

That’s a team that’s given up. They know they aren’t making the NCAAT and now Harkless is done for the year 

This isn't aging well. 

On 2/16/2022 at 2:10 PM, SL Xpress said:

I got nothing on the rest of your post, but I will say Parker Moser is the real deal. IMO he was just as good of a hire for OU as Beard was for Texas. They will be a dangerous team this year for a higher seed to matchup with in the first and possibly second round. This rivalry has a chance to get back to the Barnes/Sampson days, and I’m excited about that. It’s fun for this win to mean as much as it did to me, and some part of that goes to my respect for Moser and the product he puts on the floor. Sweeping them feels great. 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This isn't aging well. 

Why? Because they got blown out by Tech in Lubbock? They have games at home versus OSU and West Virginia, then play KSU on the road. They still have a chance to make the tournament, and Parker Moser is still a really good coach. I mean, if we're going to start revisiting this conversation regularly this soon, and you're taking the position that Parker Moser isn't going to be successful at OU, then this is going to be enjoyable.

Mark Adams is the runaway coach of the year in the Big 12, and a strong candidate for national coach of the year. Tonight's game is as much about him as it is about Moser.

2 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Why? Because they got blown out by Tech in Lubbock? They have games at home versus OSU and West Virginia, then play KSU on the road. They still have a chance to make the tournament, and Parker Moser is still a really good coach. I mean, if we're going to start revisiting this conversation regularly this soon, and you're taking the position that Parker Moser isn't going to be successful at OU, then this is going to be enjoyable.

Mark Adams is the runaway coach of the year in the Big 12, and a strong candidate for national coach of the year. Tonight's game is as much about him as it is about Moser.

Haha. I thought Harkless played against ISU. Their last 2 are understandable I guess.

I mainly enjoy kicking OU while they're down. I also am nowhere near sold on Moser there. We'll see. 

2021-22 Men's Basketball Standings
SCHOOL BIG 12 OVERALL
Kansas 12-2 23-4
Baylor 11-4 23-5
Texas Tech 11-4 22-6
Texas 8-6 19-8
TCU 6-7 17-8
Kansas State 6-9 14-13
Oklahoma State 6-9 13-14
Iowa State 5-9 18-9
Oklahoma 4-11 14-14
West Virginia 3-11 14-13

To make Ncaa Tournament:  

• Tcu needs 1 more win
  • K-state probably needs 2 wins
  • Iowa-st needs 2 wins

blOU and Wvu probably have to win B12 Tourney

Okie Lite out because ncaa folks are stupid !!!

Remaining B12 Reg Season Schedule

Tcu:  @Texas, Tech, Kansas, @Kansas, @Wvu

K-state:  Iowa-st, @Tech, blOU

Iowa-st:  Wvu, @K-state, Okie-lite, @baylor

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

He coaches for OU. By definition, he sucks.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Adams will (deservedly) win conference COY but I love what Boynton has done with his team this season. Completely got shafted with no post-season to play for yet OSU guys always seem to be busting their asses, playing hard and got some nice results to show for it given what the landscape they were dealing with.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

A first year (at that school) coach is probably going to take a team that won 2 games last year to 20 wins this year and into the NCAA tournament and he isn't even on anyone's radar for COtY.

That's where the Big 12 is at coaching-wise.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Adams will (deservedly) win conference COY but I love what Boynton has done with his team this season. Completely got shafted with no post-season to play for yet OSU guys always seem to be busting their asses, playing hard and got some nice results to show for it given what the landscape they were dealing with.

I like Coach Boynton, and you're right our guys are playing hard, but we have lost too many games we should have or could have won with a few free throws or by eliminated even a handful of mistakes. I recognize the burden the NCAA put them through, but I've watched enough games to say he's not ready for any recognition. We have too many things that he needs to get fixed by next year. 

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I like Coach Boynton, and you're right our guys are playing hard, but we have lost too many games we should have or could have won with a few free throws or by eliminated even a handful of mistakes. I recognize the burden the NCAA put them through, but I've watched enough games to say he's not ready for any recognition. We have too many things that he needs to get fixed by next year. 

Yeah, no offense to you, ‘stache, but OSU plays pretty dumb at times. They do play with effort, though. Against Baylor, just coming down and jacking up 3 after 3. That zone of Baylor’s had them completely bamboozled. Of course, it’s not like Texas runs a clinic in how to attack a zone, but OSU’s effort in that regard was particularly egregious. 

Just now, SL Xpress said:

Yeah, no offense to you, ‘stache, but OSU plays pretty dumb at times. They do play with effort, though. Against Baylor, just coming down and jacking up 3 after 3. That zone of Baylor’s had them completely bamboozled. Of course, it’s not like Texas runs a clinic in how to attack a zone, but OSU’s effort in that regard was particularly egregious. 

None taken. I referred to our stupidity more than one time during the Baylor game. Add in that our guys cannot hit 3 pointers or even mid-range jump shots with any consistency and are terrible at free throws. I think coaching could help with some of that, recruiting too when we are overloaded with length and athleticism without any true shooters.

2 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I think Texas and Iowa State match up in the opening round of the Big 12 tournament. Might as well be travelling to Ames. 

Maybe k-state if they get to 8 wins...

SCHOOL BIG 12 OVERALL
Kansas 12-2 23-4
Baylor 11-4 23-5
Texas Tech 11-4 22-6
Texas 9-6 20-8
TCU 6-8 17-9
Kansas State 6-9 14-13
Oklahoma State 6-9 13-14
Iowa State 6-9 19-9
Oklahoma 4-11 14-14
West Virginia 3-12 14-14

Remaining B12 Reg Season Schedule

Tcu:   Tech, Kansas, @Kansas, @Wvu

K-state:   Iowa-st, @Tech, blOU

Iowa-st:   @K-state, Okie-lite, @baylor

B12 Tournament:  So #4 Seed vs #5 Seed is first game on Thursday at 11:30am 

2022 PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 MEN’S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Kansas City is thrilled to once again host the Phillips 66 Big 12 Men's Basketball Championship. The 2022 event marks the 21st time that Kansas City will host a portion of the Championship—more than any other city. Here's everything you need to know.

All-session tickets are on sale now.

CHAMPIONSHIP SCHEDULE

Official Bracket Coming Soon

• First Round – Wednesday, March 9
    • 6 p.m.  No. 8 Seed vs. No. 9 Seed (TBA)

• Quarterfinals – Thursday, March 10
    • 11:30 a.m. – No. 4 Seed vs. No. 5 Seed (TBA)
    • 2 p.m. – No. 1 Seed vs. No. 8/9 Seed Winner (TBA)
    • 6 p.m. – No. 2 Seed vs. No. 7 Seed (TBA)
    • 8:30 p.m. – No. 3 Seed vs. No. 6 Seed (TBA)

• Semifinals – Friday, March 11
    • 6 p.m. – Semifinal 1 (TBA)
    • 8:30 p.m. – Semifinal 2 (TBA)

• Championship Game – Saturday, March 12
    • 5 p.m. – Final (TBA)

11 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I think Texas and Iowa State match up in the opening round of the Big 12 tournament. Might as well be travelling to Ames. 

Arguably worse.  Our fans in Kansas City have taken the whole day off and started drinking the second they crossed the Missouri border (no open container there HOLLA).

• #1 Seed    kansas
  • #2 Seed    baylor
  • #3 Seed    tech
  • #5 Seed    Texas
  • #8 Seed     cyclones
  • #10 Seed   toads

5e6a92572f1e7b233e7933e74efd6d5d

February 24th, 2022

Last four in

SMU, Michigan, San Diego State, Indiana.

First four out

North Carolina, Memphis, Belmont, VCU.

Next four out

Saint Bonaventure, Florida, Virginia, Dayton.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-tournament-bracketology-duke-keeps-132915529.html?src=rss

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:
  • #1 Seed    kansas
  • #2 Seed    baylor
  • #3 Seed    tech
  • #5 Seed    Texas
  • #8 Seed     cyclones
  • #10 Seed   toads

February 24th, 2022

Last four in

First four out

Next four out

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-tournament-bracketology-duke-keeps-132915529.html?src=rss

Forgot this...

Others considered for at-large bids: St. John's, Kansas State, Colorado, Oregon, Saint Louis, Mississippi State, Virginia Tech, West Virginia.

On life support: Oklahoma, Cincinnati, Drake, Vanderbilt, Louisiana Tech, Richmond, UCF, Missouri State, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Florida State, Fresno State, Toledo, Santa Clara, UAB, Stanford, Washington State.

8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:
  • #1 Seed    kansas
  • #2 Seed    baylor
  • #3 Seed    tech
  • #5 Seed    Texas
  • #8 Seed     cyclones
  • #10 Seed   toads

February 24th, 2022

Last four in

First four out

Next four out

Lunardi has Texas instead of Houston has a 4 seed.  UConn, UH, Alabama, Ohio State are the current 5 seeds.

Last four byes:  Rutgers, SF, Michigan, TCU
Last four in: NC, Loyola, Indiana, SMU
First four out: Memphis, SDSU, BYU, Dayton
Next four out: St. Bonnie, UVA, Oregon, Florida
Third four out: VT, VCU, KSU, Belmont

Big 12 has 6 teams in for Lunardi:

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Lunardi has Texas instead of Houston has a 4 seed.  UConn, UH, Alabama, Ohio State are the current 5 seeds.

Last four byes:  Rutgers, SF, Michigan, TCU
Last four in: NC, Loyola, Indiana, SMU
First four out: Memphis, SDSU, BYU, Dayton
Next four out: St. Bonnie, UVA, Oregon, Florida
Third four out: VT, VCU, KSU, Belmont

Big 12 has 6 teams in for Lunardi:

Toads better beat West Virginia on the road in their final B12 regular season game, or they are probably out by losing 5 games in a row, and losing 8 of their last 9 games.

Toads schedule:  Tech, KU, @KU, @Wvu

I can easily see just 5 B12 teams make the NCAA Tournament:

KU, baylor, Tech, Texas, Iowa State

Edited by LTtxfan

15 hours ago, Pancho said:

That’s what I’ve been following:

1.) bracket matrix 

2.) lunardi

3.) palm

Bracketmatrix does a ranking each year of the most accurate bracketologists. I normally just look at the top 5 or so on this list as they're the most accurate in combination with bracketmatrix. 

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html

Edited by texasstrong12

3 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I nearly stroked out on multiple occasions, but what an incredible Farmageddon. We’re gonna dance a year after 2-22. I’m breaking out some good Iowa bourbon

Congrats... Helluva turnaround season.  I agree that y'all should be dancin' in March after that win today...

• Like 1