Cowboys Vs Patriots Game chat

Sgt Hulk

1 hour ago, Hate said:

Cam Newton sucks.  That's why he isn't in the NFL anymore. 

And is ten times better than the trash we’ve called backups for most of the last several years. Doesn’t matter, Dak will be fine, will likely be 100% by the time they start practicing again next week.

Edited by 'stache

25 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Tell me you've never had a calf strain without telling me you've never had a calf strain.

I'm pretty sure I'm a little different than an NFL athlete with access to professional doctors 24/7. If it was more serious, he would not have looked that happy at the podium. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/17/2021 at 8:07 PM, StruggleBus said:

How long is Connor Williams going to keep playing NFL football?

Man the way we trash that guy. He has a couple penalties and get beat by the best DT's in the league, but otherwise is an above average Guard in this league and we want him gone. Sorry they can't all be Pro Bowlers.

Also Flozell had 2 penalties a game for years and was still just fine.

On 10/17/2021 at 8:13 PM, Coach pop a bitch said:

Question is will Collins get his job back after the way Steele has been playing?

Jesus, of course he will.  Steele has been perfectly fine. But you can tell his Pass Pro is still a work in progress and is probably another year or so away from being a full time starter here.  Need him for his depth as Swing Tackle.

On 10/17/2021 at 8:46 PM, Sawbonz said:

Can Collins play LG?

Yes, but not any better than Williams.  People don't remember he wasn't like some stud at LG do ya'll?  He was about as good as Williams, but not an upgrade.  Center is STILL the biggest issue.

On 10/17/2021 at 9:06 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

No.

JFC.  

Had a really bad game, but our center play is worse.  

All of This.

On 10/18/2021 at 12:12 AM, C-Man said:

Isn't that kind of the common thought that Collins would be a better NFL guard than he is a NFL tackle but he refuses to consider a position change because tackles get paid better than guards? Or is that a discussion from several years ago and outdated? I say make it work somehow where Steele stays in once Collins comes back and rotate Connor out because he's fucking atrocious.

I'd be all over Cam Newton if Dak even misses a snap. Cooper Rush is not NFL-quality, not even in a backup role.

NO that's not common thought, at least not from the Cowboys and people that follow them. He's a really good RT and decent Guard.

On 10/17/2021 at 6:36 PM, Nicole44 said:

We have had mental midgets at the HC and GM position. Plain and simple. We’ve had some good hits in the draft and major whiffs. One solid consistent thing: Bill Belichick can out coach our coach. It’s been proven. Last win was 2006 over a Bradyless Pats team? Last time we scored a TD against the Pats in the first quarter before today was 2011. Jeezus. Guy has our number ref fuckery aside. We hire idiots for HCs and have an idiot for a GM. Not hard to figure the fuck out.

The last Cowboys win before Sunday vs the pats was in 1996 at Dallas.

I thought Brad & Babe said the last win the Cowboys had at the pats was in 1987, which was an OT game won by Herschel Walker's 60-yard TD run. 
The football DB bares that out.  https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-england-patriots/teamvsteam?opp=9

I remember watching that '87 game on TV as a teen.

Found it! It's still stunning, just like the pats fans' reactions. Lulz. ENJOY!

Edited by BachelorTrek
  • Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 6:26 AM, ConferenceRoom said:

Michael Irvin during the NFL Network's pregame show said that the Cowboys were going to have to win a dirty game and everyone else couldn't figure out what the hell he meant. Well, now they know. 

The only dirty part was the refs and our self inflicted wounds (turnovers and not converting 4th downs).