Game Week- Iowa State

Wulaw Horn

3 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It just turned out that schools like Nebraska, Missouri, Aggy, you guys, and OU were asshole business partners and Ohio State and Michigan were benevolent dictators content to subsidize smaller schools.

Al, a lot of us really like you and your school.  I for one hope we do not part with you maintaining the above statement as your narrative.

If you do, you will forever place yourself in the category of every school you just named.

You have been here for years.

You know the truth.

• Hook 'Em 1

Al, a lot of us really like you and your school.  I for one hope we do not part with you maintaining the above statement as your narrative.
If you do, you will forever place yourself in the category of every school you just named.
You have been here for years.
You know the truth.

You asked why we ended up surrounded by the Big 10 and not in it. I answered. We were loyal, and we got stiffed by a long list of schools with superiority complexes that wouldn’t work together, and that includes yours.

I don’t think Texas is worse than the others, but the narrative that you had no choice is a bogus one and you know it. Ohio State and Michigan could toss off Purdue and Northwestern any time they want, but they don’t. Everyone isn’t the same.

I get it - no one wants to admit they’re the asshole and some of you probably don’t like what happened. If the Big 10 came calling tomorrow, ISU would bail and I’ll tell you right now it would be a shit move towards the schools that have worked with us for years.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It just turned out that schools like Nebraska, Missouri, Aggy, you guys, and OU were asshole business partners and Ohio State and Michigan were benevolent dictators content to subsidize smaller schools.

I still think that Nebraska and A&M leaving is what led to this. They can cry all they want about how it was Texas’s “toxic” presence that drive them away, but that’s utter bullshit. Those schools voted alongside Texas every step of the way in the B12 (at least as it pertained to revenue allocation) and they both left not because Texas was undermining them in any way, but rather because their programs (largely because of Texas) had lost their way and needed a rebrand. Oh, and they also left for more money.

I know you’re not saying this, but the popular (lazy) narrative is that Texas keeps destroying conferences even though other high profile schools (Arky in the SWC, though that conference was simply not going to keep pace with the natural evolution of the sport; Neb and AM in the B12) are arguably more responsible.

Anyway, rant over. I imagine the cyclones win tonight because Texas isn’t very good. Hope you guys attending the game have a good time.

You're projecting.

We absolutely had a choice.

We had dozens of choices.

For 25 years, we made choice after choice not in our own best interest.

What is this narrative "we had no choice"?   I don't subscribe to it.

That sounds like corn or aggy rationalizing to explain our actions to fit someone else's narrative to solve for cognitive dissonance.

You got screwed, by corn and mizzou, not by us.

Root cause analysis.  When they left, your fate was sealed.

You know how we've been treated.

You've been here forever.

And you absolutely should bail on the Kansas schools if the b1g offered.

Mizzou should have held out too.  That's where both of you belong.

But don't blame us for rescuing ourselves after corn, aggy and mizzou fucked you.

• Hook 'Em 1

My parting narrative is that Texas fans are cool and I enjoyed our run together, but the University of Texas made the other schools a scapegoat for it’s athletic shortcomings and ditched us for a better pay day.

If you just want me to bow and say “thank you for gracing us with your presence”, sorry - ain’t happening.

Just now, Hank Chinaski said:

I still think that Nebraska and A&M leaving is what led to this. They can cry all they want about how it was Texas’s “toxic” presence that drive them away, but that’s utter bullshit. Those schools voted alongside Texas every step of the way in the B12 (at least as it pertained to revenue allocation) and they both left not because Texas was undermining them in any way, but rather because their programs (largely because of Texas) had lost their way and needed a rebrand. Oh, and they also left for more money.

I know you’re not saying this, but the popular (lazy) narrative is that Texas keeps destroying conferences even though other high profile schools (Arky in the SWC, though that conference was simply not going to keep pace with the natural evolution of the sport; Neb and AM in the B12) are arguably more responsible.

Anyway, rant over. I imagine the cyclones win tonight because Texas isn’t very good. Hope you guys attending the game have a good time.

beat me by seconds

of course it is

but it doesn't fit with the national narrative that Texas (but not 0u) are responsible for not subsidizing the rest of a broken league THAT HATES US AND FUCKS US whenever it can.

7 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

You asked why we ended up surrounded by the Big 10 and not in it. I answered. We were loyal, and we got stiffed by a long list of schools with superiority complexes that wouldn’t work together, and that includes yours.

I don’t think Texas is worse than the others, but the narrative that you had no choice is a bogus one and you know it. Ohio State and Michigan could toss off Purdue and Northwestern any time they want, but they don’t. Everyone isn’t the same.

I get it - no one wants to admit they’re the asshole and some of you probably don’t like what happened. If the Big 10 came calling tomorrow, ISU would bail and I’ll tell you right now it would be a shit move towards the schools that have worked with us for years.

One but not both -- every conference has a token private so that some of their financials cannot be FOIA'd. Or something like that. There is a reason the SWC kept Rice, the SEC Vandy, the PAC Stanford, the Big 12 kept Baylor, and so on. The Big 8 did not have one; not sure why that is.

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

My parting narrative is that Texas fans are cool and I enjoyed our run together, but the University of Texas made the other schools a scapegoat for it’s athletic shortcomings and ditched us for a better pay day.

If you just want me to bow and say “thank you for gracing us with your presence”, sorry - ain’t happening.

really.

that's how you want to go.

i'm sad.

seriously.

I think Nebraska and Aggy deserves the most blame. I just don’t think Texas is innocent, and I know full well that’s not a popular take here.

3 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

you-either-die-a-hero-or-live-long-enoug

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

I think Nebraska and Aggy deserves the most blame. I just don’t think Texas is innocent, and I know full well that’s not a popular take here.

i think it's important we get to the bottom of this before the game, because if we do somehow pull out a miracle win you are not going to want to talk about this anymore.

but i don't have time to keep going on it right now.

the next request would be for you to explain how we are not innocent.

We're only guilty of shortening the time frame of our exit. Any school that thought Texas or OU was staying beyond the grant of rights was fooling themselves. That was evident the moment both schools didn't want to expand with other teams. We were always gone to another conference. Just no one thought it would be the SEC or that we'd leave Tech and oSu behind.  

Edited by mdmost

10 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

Show me specifically where UT officials explicitly stated other universities in the Big 12 are the reason UT is leaving.

really.
that's how you want to go.
i'm sad.
seriously.

What do you think I should feel? Some cuckish fealty? I don’t get it. I like you guys, I dislike the institution you’re associated with. These are separate things.

You say that this “broken” conference kept fucking Texas, and that mindset is kind of the exact reason it didn’t work. The demise of the Big 12 has been the definition of a self fulfilling prophecy that starts with ESPN.

I will say, in Texas’s defense, that I don’t think you would have left if ESPN hadn’t been so intent on negging this league to death. The league’s perception issue was 100% the fabrication of a single media outlet.
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Sure. But you can understand that Texas takes the about 99% of the blame for the fate of the B12 and people nationally eat it up because “fuck Texas” I guess. It gets old. But agreed, Nebraska and AM leaving set this all in motion a decade ago.

i think it's important we get to the bottom of this before the game, because if we do somehow pull out a miracle win you are not going to want to talk about this anymore.
but i don't have time to keep going on it right now.
the next request would be for you to explain how we are not innocent.

There’s no point I can make that will convince of my point of view. It’s not possible when people bring separate realities into a debate.

Like I’ve said, I like the posters here a lot and have enjoyed Texas fans. We aren’t changing each other’s minds, so a continued debate is a truly pointless endeavor. But thinking you’re getting a heroes send off is simply unrealistic.

Sure. But you can understand that Texas takes the about 99% of the blame for the fate of the B12 and people nationally eat it up because “fuck Texas” I guess. It gets old. But agreed, Nebraska and AM leaving set this all in motion a decade ago.

I agree the National narrative is skewed against Texas. The biggest reason Nebraska left is that they were tired of losing to Texas and not running the show.

2 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

There’s no point I can make that will convince of my point of view. It’s not possible when people bring separate realities into a debate.

Like I’ve said, I like the posters here a lot and have enjoyed Texas fans. We aren’t changing each other’s minds, so a continued debate is a truly pointless endeavor. But thinking you’re getting a heroes send off is simply unrealistic.

EMBRACE THE HATE -- TEXAS IS THE VILLAIN !!!  🤘

2 minutes ago, sportsbay said:

Texas tried to get Disney to talk about a new contract that included everyone in the B12.  Disney supported the B12 because Texas is a huge draw and our eyeball numbers plus ou subsidize the rest of the conference.  Disney came in low on the numbers for the B12....  This is called consolidation in the business world and it's a business decision.  Are we going to be great again in football? IDK but long term the money and exposure by being in the SEC helps our bottom line and helps Disney's bottom line.  We re-kindle some old hate with piggy and gomer which brings in tons of fans.  Don't be mad.  It's what it is.  The only constant in life is change, death, and taxes.  Make change one that can be fun.  The other 2 will never be.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I agree the National narrative is skewed against Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree but I’ve never felt Texas owns their part of why The narrative exists. It’s not all completely fabricated. Part of it has been earned. 

I agree but I’ve never felt Texas owns their part of why The narrative exists. It’s not all completely fabricated. Part of it has been earned. 

That’s my point about this board thinking they’re innocent. It’s just being a fan. If we bolt for the Big 10 and KSU fans hate us, most of the posters on Fanatic will sound like the Texas fans here do.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ISUfan said:

The narrative exists partially because Texas makes the most money, has the most money, etc., and its athletic dept is driven by revenue first and foremost.

But it also exists because of a bunch of total bullshit propagated by bitch-asses like Nebraska and AM whose real problem was that Mack Brown ruined them, not some kind of underhanded business dealings from Texas.

Everyone on here understands that the UT athletic dept exists to make money and operates like any other corporate entity. We have no illusions about that. But the narrative is that ours is the only one that does. And when schools like Neb and AM bolt, they are praised for “getting out from under the tyrannical reign of Texas” or some such bullshit. None of it makes sense or is remotely close to reality.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

You say that this “broken” conference kept fucking Texas, and that mindset is kind of the exact reason it didn’t work. The demise of the Big 12 has been the definition of a self fulfilling prophecy that starts with ESPN.

Two current examples are OU complaining about 11a kickoffs and ISU complaining about chronically biased officiating. We aren’t the only ones bitching about the conference. You won’t find Texas officials trying to throw a specific B12 school under the bus (to Nebraska’s credit, Pearlman went out of his way to NOT blame Texas…but aggy….)

• Hook 'Em 1

Two current examples are OU complaining about 11a kickoffs and ISU complaining about chronically biased officiating. We aren’t the only ones bitching about the conference. You won’t find Texas officials trying to throw a specific B12 school under the bus (to Nebraska’s credit, Pearlman went out of his way to NOT blame Texas…but aggy….)

I know Iowa fans that constantly bitch about Big 10 refs. Nebraska fans bitch constantly about Big 10 schedules.

OU will get 11AM kicks in the SEC. You guys will get some boring home opponents in the SEC.

The only problem ISU has that would be solved by joining another league is not constantly wondering if the rug is getting pulled out from under you, and even that is no guarantee.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I would actually really like to see some Kai Money time today, as he is one of the few receivers who can catch a football consistently.   

Marcus Washington has improved the last couple of games. Not lights out performances but making more plays. Josh Moore is Jekyll and Hyde. I'd have him on a short leash if I even played him. I agree. Think I'd insert Money over Moore.

3 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

No offense taken. There’s plenty of truth in that joke. We’re one of two states (Kansas the other) with no national forest, IIRC.

https://mountainjourney.com/list-us-national-forests-by-state/

According to this website, ND, RI, MA, DE, and HI don’t have National Forests. There could be others, but those jumped out at me.

Sorry to ruin your good joke. 

https://mountainjourney.com/list-us-national-forests-by-state/

According to this website, ND, RI, MA, DE, and HI don’t have National Forests. There could be others, but those jumped out at me.
Sorry to ruin your good joke. 

Damn, definitely thought MA, ND, and HI had them.

I did realize that DE and RI likely didn’t and mentioned it after my post.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Your narrative is complete bullshit. Put the shoe on the other foot. Iowa State would immediately bolt for the SEC or BIG in a heartbeat while collecting a dump truck of freshly printed Benjamins while walking away giving the double bird to everyone behind them. Texas IMHO had a more difficult decision than any other school would have had. This debacle started with A&M and Mizz, this outcome was inevitable because of those previous moves.

Edited by Longhornlove

Your narrative is complete bullshit. Put the shoe on the other foot. Iowa State would immediately bolt for the SEC or BIG in a heartbeat while collecting a dump truck of freshly printed Benjamins while walking away giving the double bird to everyone behind them. Texas IMHO had a more difficult decision than any other school would have had. This debacle started with A&M and Mizz, this outcome was inevitable because of those previous moves.

I would have preferred a stable Big 12 to the Big 10 or SEC.

I don’t know that I’d be thrilled about going to the SEC right now. That extra money does nothing for fans and the extra travel and tougher schedule sound awful.

Stability is the only thing I’d like about that.
  • Hook 'Em 1