Game Week- Iowa State

Wulaw Horn

So, I’ve talked a lot of shit about every upcoming team, mocking and ridiculing them and the like. 
got nothing for Iowa State and the crew at Wide Right Natty Light and all the clones on here. 
I like you guys. I like your fan base. I like your university. Y’all are cool. I hope at sometime you land on your feet with this realignment coming down the line. Good luck and all the best- it was business never personal and sorry y’all got caught in the crossfire. 
When you see yourself down double digits in the second half just know that you gave us right where you want us. 
Gameweek. We only have 5 left (assuming bowl game) and we will certainly miss them around March or April when we are in the middle of the void that is the off-season, so enjoy it however and to whatever extent you can. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

My fear is that ISU is going to come out with a chip on their shoulder, and we are going to come out flat.   Their record isn't as good as they were expecting, but if they come out and beat big bad Texas, they can redeem their season a bit.  For us, it's ISU, who give a rat's ass.  

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Jersey Man10 said:

Everybody plays hard against Texas and we enjoy getting butt fucked each time.

the irony is that the motivation has changed. It used to be because we were good and they "played up" against us.

Now we have a tramp stamp above our ass that says "enter here".

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

39 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

My fear is that ISU is going to come out with a chip on their shoulder, and we are going to come out flat.   Their record isn't as good as they were expecting, but if they come out and beat big bad Texas, they can redeem their season a bit.  For us, it's ISU, who give a rat's ass.  

At this point in our season, I don't think that factors in anymore.

Nailing her in HS was one thing, but those days are long gone and while it's always fun to get a lay, let's just say it's not as high a mountain to climb as it used to be.

26 minutes ago, Domedriver said:

I just hope we become bowl eligible.  Even though I am disappointed by this tragedy.  I see some bright lights of brilliance that is a glimmer of hope for the future.  I do want to watch more games.  As painful as they may be.

can we just get the practices in and not play the bowl game, too many fans thinks they mean something when we win.

• Hook 'Em 1

This season is cooked and our roster has become more of a disaster than it already was with guys like Whittington and Okafor going down. Can't say I'll have much more of a passing interest in these remaining games - outside of hoping we can at least scratch 6-6 out. I want to see how this staff closes out the '22 class and if they can do some damage in the portal (for example - someone needs to be hitting Rattler's line if he'd even entertain that idea). 

(Alright maybe not Rattler because he's a headcase but you get the idea)

Edited by ztejas
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This season is cooked and our roster has become more of a disaster than it already was with guys like Whittington and Okafor going down. Can't say I'll have much more of a passing interest in these remaining games - outside of hoping we can at least scratch 6-6 out. I want to see how this staff closes out the '22 class and if they can do some damage in the portal (for example - someone needs to be hitting Rattler's line if he'd even entertain that idea). 

(Alright maybe not Rattler because he's a headcase but you get the idea)

need a list of oline transfer possibilities and pay them whatever they want, of course there probably won't be a damn guy worth a shit

Edited by hookem48

1 minute ago, Stunns38 said:

Night game on the road vs a hyped, couch-burning crowd that really hates our guts. Wonder if cold weather will be a factor too. This could be a blowout if we don’t get it together. Doomed.

more Narrator: we aren't getting it together...

$100 says we give up a long run because we don't maintain gap control, a DB will completely miss a tackle because of torpedo technique, there will be one duck thrown that could have been a TD if thrown accurately but is intercepted, 5 dropped balls by receivers, and of course one false start after a time out....oh, and our running backs will get hit behind the line 50% of the time  

one more,  one incomplete pass when the QB had 25 yards of open space in front of him to run on 3rd and 1. 

another one...5 shots of Sark showing no emotion on the sideline

• Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Campbell will use this game as a recruiting tool for a new job.

Dude should have had his team prepared to whip a team w/ a pulse.  Beating Texas right now should be an expectation, not a springboard to USC, Penn State, LSU, or wherever else his agent thinks he should go.   Losses to Iowa, Baylor, and WVU with a upper-class laden team will not exactly portend success elsewhere.  He might have waited a year too long.

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

This is Baylor redux except their QB is good.  Wheels come off.  38-14.   This is probably the last game Casey starts for us.  Card will have to beat Kansas and one of WV and KSU to get to a bowl.  

Fuck that. Break out Chuck Wright. He shall triumph like Colt McCoy before him - except he will deliver on the Heisman and NC.

October 23 11:00 a.m. Iowa Statedagger No. 22
  • Darrell K Royal–Texas Memorial Stadium
  • Austin, TX
FSN L 21–28 100,142[7]
October 30 6:00 p.m. No. 25 Baylor  
  • Austin, TX
FSN L 22–30 100,452[8]
November 6 7:00 p.m. at Kansas State   ESPN2 L 14–39 46,734[9]
November 13 7:00 p.m. No. 12 Oklahoma State  
  • Austin, TX