Game Week- Iowa State

Wulaw Horn

11 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Your narrative is complete bullshit. Put the shoe on the other foot. Iowa State would immediately bolt for the SEC or BIG in a heartbeat while collecting a dump truck of freshly printed Benjamins while walking away giving the double bird to everyone behind them. Texas IMHO had a more difficult decision than any other school would have had. This debacle started with A&M and Mizz, this outcome was inevitable because of those previous moves.

i like Al a lot and would drink a lot of beers with him before asking to go on a joyride in his $250k tractor and do figure 8's in a field of unharvested corn.

because HFCS is poison.

but i digress.

i have tried multiple times this morning to get him to raise himself above aggy, corn and missouri.

and he won't do it.

we have asked, One Thousand Times, for all of those with butthurt to cite FACTUAL EVIDENCE of _what_ we did or _what_ we said that supports their subjective feelings.

what did we do or say, at some time, in the past, that justifies their subjective opinion that we are "guilty" or "not innocent" or "responsible" or "deserving" of their scorn/hate/blame?

they can't answer the question because they can't make the citation.

Al *never* bitched about Big Evil Texas as part of this community, until the day aggy broke the story of our departure.

Al has had multiple opportunities this morning to cite FACTUAL EVIDENCE of our words, actions, or deeds, that support his subjective narrative, and each time, he has deflected and done a post-hoc, ergo propter-hoc re-direct.

his only answer is we can't change his opinion.

Al, i love you man.

you don't deserve your fate.

but we, or at least I, take you as the spokesperson for the cool isu people, and you are sealing your fate as no better than aggy, corn or missouri.

in closing, 2 things:

1. you can redeem yourself with a full doxing of the redhead including sextapes or at least really good pics

2. the chewbacca defense only works on southpark.

/end of line

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ISU Fan said:

Hearing Rose and Rus won't play.  That definitely is not good for ISU. 

I'm not falling for your attempts at reverse hex voodoo.

It doesn't matter who you have playing.  It doesn't matter if you have a huge 4th quarter deficit.  At that point you'd have us right where you want us.

But I don't see it going that way.  I think this one is more like the Arkansas game.  Just a thorough whipping from the get-go, and ISU claims Eternal Scoreboard over Texas.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, sith_horn said:

Marcus Washington has improved the last couple of games. Not lights out performances but making more plays. Josh Moore is Jekyll and Hyde. I'd have him on a short leash if I even played him. I agree. Think I'd insert Money over Moore.

I’m calling it, we call in the secret weapon this week and he has 2 TD’s and is offensive MVP!  

2461BC6B-6992-41CE-B013-A7B63287C02B.gif

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

I would actually really like to see some Kai Money time today, as he is one of the few receivers who can catch a football consistently.   

Da fuq? 

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952783f62783ff86326f

1 hour ago, sith_horn said:

Marcus Washington has improved the last couple of games. Not lights out performances but making more plays. Josh Moore is Jekyll and Hyde. I'd have him on a short leash if I even played him. I agree. Think I'd insert Money over Moore.

If Dixon is out, I think going 22 (healthy doses featuring our RBs and punishing the D for keying Bijan) and having Wiley flexed out should be our go to. 

Once they inevitably adjust and our double digit lead looks vulnerable, switch to the Rojo package (hopefully with those pass wrinkles we've been dying to see, if they exist), and switch to 21 with Washington's primary function as a blocker-- he's pretty good there, on the perimeter for Keilan. Speaking of the other step brother, sweater gawd if he only comes in for 1 jet sweep...

Either way, this offense needs to put up fucking points. Yes, the defense has sucked shit but there's no reason this offense (in theory) shouldn't be able to score at least 30 easily every game. DGAF if it's Thompson or Card at this point. 

Enough god damn excuses, player's vs coaches' fault, and everything in between. Show some fucking personal pride in your work, if not respect for the Logo and sport (team and coaches.) And we as fans/alums need to not be such knee-jerking, overreacting base at every turn. The season's fucked. They know this. We do, as well. Everyone just do their fucking jobs for once and start building for the future. 

/ rant

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, NAVY said:

Texas has a history of birthing the careers of backup QBs so this is probably a bad thing 

I’d also say Texas has a history of making limp armed back up quarterbacks look like Dan Marino and then disappearing never to be seen again and transferring to a directional school 

It's a great thing that time "falls back" at 2AM tomorrow because I'll need that extra hour of sleep after I drink my butt off watching the horns win tonight, followed immediately by at least two or three amazing UFC fights before that card ends for the night.

Frankie Edgar is one of my old favorites.  Rose is an absolute favorite.  And I just want to see if Colby can beat Kamaru the second time around.

Bummed that I'll probably miss the Gaethje/Chandler fight.  Should be a fun one.

image.png.9912e7ded2e4dacb3a70349cbca4f99a.png

Edited by ATXbronco
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I’m just here to say today only (as I like ISU) otherwise): Fuck Iowa State. 
Here’s hoping the Horns whip their asses, salt their cornfields and that the lamentations of the cyclone women are heard across the plains. 

Salt would do very little to damage yields. Especially applied now. 

4 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I would have preferred a stable Big 12 to the Big 10 or SEC.

I don’t know that I’d be thrilled about going to the SEC right now. That extra money does nothing for fans and the extra travel and tougher schedule sound awful.

Stability is the only thing I’d like about that.

The myth of the SEC is just that.  Mizzou walked in an won their division.  2x.  We'll be fine.  We just need to build a god damn offensive line out of something other than paper tigers.   

I would like to see balance in officiating.  It has been shit for a long fucking time within the conference and there is evidence that there is a bias against one particular team which we have simply not been good enough to overcome.   Losing sucks, but losing because of officials blatant fuckery is maddening.  Texas should leave the conference and not pay dick and actively try to fuck the conference over and hope it dissolves.   There is no reason not to.  

Play up the hype of the SEC and talk about how shitty it is in the B12.  The media already does that, so why bother trying to correct it.  Why help the conference which actively fucked you out of a title game, or employed and continues to employ the refs that bumped Charlie Strong and continues to assign them to Texas games?   

The myth of the SEC is just that.  Mizzou walked in an won their division.  2x.  We'll be fine.  We just need to build a god damn offensive line out of something other than paper tigers.   
I would like to see balance in officiating.  It has been shit for a long fucking time within the conference and there is evidence that there is a bias against one particular team which we have simply not been good enough to overcome.   Losing sucks, but losing because of officials blatant fuckery is maddening.  Texas should leave the conference and not pay dick and actively try to fuck the conference over and hope it dissolves.   There is no reason not to.  
Play up the hype of the SEC and talk about how shitty it is in the B12.  The media already does that, so why bother trying to correct it.  Why help the conference which actively fucked you out of a title game, or employed and continues to employ the refs that bumped Charlie Strong and continues to assign them to Texas games?   
Nothing can top that '15 Okie Lite game, but this years BlowU game came close...and Okie Lite and Baylor werent evenly called either. I expect it to continue in a couple hours.

2 hours ago, TornACL said:

Kai Money has 11 catches for 80 yards in his career, and some of our fans think he's Fred Biletnikoff. 

All I know is he catches the ball….  I trust him on third down for a short catch over a lot of our receivers right now is all I’m saying.  

1 minute ago, burdine said:

I liked what I heard about hard coaching this week.  And I like that the young man took it.

We've been very close the last three weeks.

I'm here to support the Horns and take what comes.

captain america freedom GIF

Hook'em High Like An Eagle Soars!!!

I am trying to keep the faith, but I have an eerie feeling 

See the source image

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, burdine said:

I liked what I heard about hard coaching this week.  And I like that the young man took it.

We've been very close the last three weeks.

I'm here to support the Horns and take what comes.

captain america freedom GIF

Hook'em High Like An Eagle Soars!!!

Don't give me hope dammit. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man crazy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, ousux said:
59 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Nothing can top that '15 Okie Lite game, but this years BlowU game came close...and Okie Lite and Baylor werent evenly called either. I expect it to continue in a couple hours.

Of course it will. Or they could, you know….win instead. 

I was 0/3 last week. Texas did not rape Baylor, I did watch the whole game, I didnt get the mysterious Nichole on my bar tab. 

So this week, We will lose, I am not banging Nichole, and I will watch the whole game! Hook em. 

Will probably be at the W or somewhere on east 6, the good part, watching the game. 

7 minutes ago, Enemy07 said:

I was 0/3 last week. Texas did not rape Baylor, I did watch the whole game, I didnt get the mysterious Nichole on my bar tab. 

So this week, We will lose, I am not banging Nichole, and I will watch the whole game! Hook em. 

Will probably be at the W or somewhere on east 6, the good part, watching the game. 

Stop being a pussy we are going to fuck Iowa state up. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2