Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

33 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I know it’s early and things will change but got dam that is a beautiful site.

E85-BBEDB-C3-CB-4-C37-8546-E26541243844.

247 is probably the most aesthetically pleasing of all the recruiting sites, but I wouldn't really call it beautiful.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, victory88 said:

The talent we're going to have on o-line is going to be championship caliber in a couple of years.

Yep.  It wont be long and we'll be lining up running right at people saying "you know what's coming, try and stop it"  We saw glimpses of it last year.  Look real good at Tackle and Center for this group.  Need that mauling Guard ( Foster or Conner, maybe the North Shore transfer?? ).

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

I know it’s early and things will change but got dam that is a beautiful site.

E85-BBEDB-C3-CB-4-C37-8546-E26541243844.

Not seeing Texas listed as favorite yet for Ja'Tavion on 247 link below ??

Crystal Ball® Predictions

No Crystal Ball predictions at this time.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jatavion-Sanders-46058800/

Edited by LTtxfan

2 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I think we knew this was the mindset, but it’s interesting to see it nonetheless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given his earlier parrotting of well-known Sabanisms, I bet that's the party line for Texas recruits when they visit Tuscaloosa.

1 minute ago, bEastTexas said:

Nahlin said today that he thinks the Bama QB commit changes things for Milroe and he thinks he’ll be in the class, said he could even see him dropping in the next couple weeks. 

Wonder what that would mean with Stone (on both sides)

32 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Wonder what that would mean with Stone (on both sides)

I think Stone would be more likely of the 2 to transfer early if he doesn’t win the job, also think Milroe will move the needle more with Houston guys than Stone would with Dallas guys and that’s something we could use. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bEastTexas said:

Nahlin said today that he thinks the Bama QB commit changes things for Milroe and he thinks he’ll be in the class, said he could even see him dropping in the next couple weeks. 

Now he's saying Florida State is the team to beat. Situation is fluid.

10 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Yeah, put me down for Stone.  Would take him over Milroe any day of the week.  He's much more advanced as a passer and he can play.  Only Surly would find a way to not want a 5 star QB. 

Everyone still has visions of Grant Gunnell dancing in their heads.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I want Stone much more than Milroe

If we get one of those two, I'll be more than Ok and ready to sell why they were the best take. Tough for me to question any take this staff is Ok with, they've evaluated QB very well so far.

2 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Jake Garcia, then Milroe then Stone.  

I think Garcia or Huard will likely be the first QB taken off the board but for our offense I really can't think of a better fit than Stone. We're over thinking things way too hard here and are misjudging him due to how long we've been familiar with him and how long we've been allowed to ruminate on his weaknesses. Milroe is still great but a step down.

3 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

I think Garcia or Huard will likely be the first QB taken off the board but for our offense I really can't think of a better fit than Stone. We're over thinking things way too hard here and are misjudging him due to how long we've been familiar with him and how long we've been allowed to ruminate on his weaknesses. Milroe is still great but a step down.

I can refine Milroe's mechanics, but I can't teach Stone the quickness and overall speed of Milroe.  Stone is competing against bad competition;  half of the scramble plays on his tape would be sacks against better players.  He's not anymore athletic than Sam, which means he's going to take shots running the ball just like Sam does.  The problem is, he's not built like Sam.  Milroe's a bit lighter than Stone right now, but guys that are that athletic and quick twitch like Milroe rarely get hit square.  Milroe's right out of the Greg Ward/D'Eriq King mold and would be a perfect fit for this offense.  

• Like 2