Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

43 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

1. This injury is unlikely to affect his ability to play OT in 2021

2. Hopefully however it opens his eyes to the value of a Texas education over the alternatives, God forbid some other injury should limit his FB career

Out for all of this upcoming season?

IT

ISHMAEL IBRAHEEM

The in-state crop for 2021 continues to uncover gems. Dallas Kimball has one.

At 6-foot-1, 170 pounds, Ibraheem has the length colleges covet at corner. It helps that he also runs track. He says he participates in the 4x1, 4x2, 4x4, and long jump.

It’s early in the process, but he’s enjoying it.

“It’s been great and a blessing,” said Ibraheem. “Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Northwestern, Texas A&M, South Carolina, and Ohio State are recruiting me the hardest right now.”

He’s hearing from Texas and wants to hear more. The staff stopped by the school during the spring and wants to see him at camp this summer.

With 18 offers already, he says he’s open and looking forward to making visits.

His frame is skinny, but owns space to add size, possesses straight-line speed, and a good job tracking deep balls. I’d like to see more fluidity, and pop behind pads, but he’s willing to mix it up as a tackler.

He’s looking for a school with a talent-rich tradition in the secondary and a staff that will push him. Paging Coach Washington.

• Like 1

Spiegelman (Rivals) piece on Quaydarius Davis 

Spoiler

Two schools atop elite 2021 WR Quaydarius Davis' list

Sam Spiegelman • Rivals.com

Quaydarius Davis  has seen his recruitment reach new levels this spring.

Schools such as Texas, Alabama, Texas A&M, LSU and Nebraska have swung by Dallas Skyline (Texas) High School to watch the explosive rising junior wide receiver practice. It's no surprise all schools offered after seeing Davis in-person.

As spring came to a close, Davis was clear that two in-state teams have his full attention. He broke it down with Rivals.

IN HIS OWN WORDS

"A lot of coaches are showing me love, but Texas and SMU, both of them are showing me a lot of love. Them two teams are showing me a lot. It's like family, especially because they're in the same state. I just love how they're coming at me and hopefully, I'll get to a decision."

On Texas: "They show me a lot of love. The coaches ... I mean wow. They say, 'We got you, Quay!' They say I can come in as a freshman and start ... Right now, I'd probably say it's Texas because of the way they're slinging the ball. My momma loves it and I want to stay in-state. I want to stay at home and I want to take care of my family."

On SMU: "They tell me I'm a starter my freshman year and that they'll sling it to me."

"I'm not in a rush to make my decision. I want to do it by the end of my junior year, though."

RIVALS REACTION

While several notable Power 5 schools have come by Skyline and offered Davis, his mind remains wrapped around the Longhorns and Mustangs, and he's open that Texas is now in the driver's seat.

Expect Davis to make trips in and out of state this summer, but there's a lot of confidence that he winds up in Austin when he's ready to pull the trigger on a decision.

It'd be hilarious if SMU beat us for Stone and Davis

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I think we might as well cross off Shadrach Banks from NS, not that we were getting him anyways.

He's going where Dematrius Davis goes. We aren't really recruiting Davis. 

1 minute ago, George Clooney said:

I’ve read on a Nebraska site that they lead for Davis. He seems like a great fit for Frost’s offense, but I have no idea which Nebraska 9.95ers are credible.

A&M and LSU are both recruiting him too 

So I'm looking at '21 OL rankings on 247. 

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&PositionGroup=O-LINE

And it has Byrd as a 5*... but if I click on his name, he's a 4* for 247 who doesn't have a composite ranking. Anyone know that site well enough to learn me what's going on there?

Anyways, here's to '21 being to our OL what '18 was for DBs.

“It was shocking. Coach Washington is someone who always surprises people when he offers, so when I got the offer he surprised me and made it different and memorable,” McCutchin told BON. “He called me and put on ‘First of the Month’ by Bone Thugs and Harmony. It was funny and surprised me. I was confused at first but he began to sing along with the song and said: ‘it’s the first of the moooonnnntthhh ... and we’re offering youuuuu!’”

• Like 1

IT

A pair of 2021 cornerbacks have the staff's attention; Dallas Kimball's Ishmael Ibraheem and Denton Guyer's Deuce Harmon. We've written about Ibraheem a few times this spring, and it looks like the 6-foot-1, 175-pound CB has caught UT's eyes. For Harmon, he ran the 2nd fastest time at the SMU-Texas satellite on Sunday (4.40). Despite being 5-foot-9.5, 180, the staff is quite high on him. He'll be in Austin on Tuesday (6/4) for summer camp. An offer for both wouldn't surprise us. Harmon is the brother of freshman OU point guard De'Vion Harmon.

One guy that everyone noticed on Sunday was Mineola's Trevion Sneed. We've mentioned him a bunch. The 2021 LB/RB is getting looks at Mac, a position many are on the hunt for. At 6-foot-2, 220 pounder with running back hips, running a 4.7 (40) and 4.2 (shuttle), Sneed was impressive in coverage. He had two PBUs in two reps. Coach Orlando couldn't quit smiling. Coach Warehime may have unearthed a gem. Texas, Texas A&M, Baylor, and UH are recruiting the hardest right now. He'll visit each over the next two months, including College Station this week, and Austin next weekend. It's early, but I got the "dream school" quote from Sneed regarding Texas. Just check the kid's Twitter.

Next years o-line class is insane.  Taking a wild guess with predictions.

5 star Tommy Brockermeyer- Texas

5 star Savion Byrd- Texas

4 star Donovan Jackson- bama/aggy 

4 star Rueben Fatheree- Texas?

4 star Bryce Foster- ou

4 star Hayden Connor- ou/aggy

3 star James Brockermeyer- Texas

3 star Erik Cade- aggy?

3 star Montgomery- aggy?

Just now, victory88 said:

4 star Bryce Foster- ou

3 star Erik Cade- aggy?

3 star Montgomery- aggy?

Isn't Foster the one that's super into aeronautics? OU would be odd.

Just now, texifornia said:

Isn't Foster the one that's super into aeronautics? OU would be odd.

I thought I read some articles or saw some CBs of him to ou.  He's also visited there a decent amount of times.  No clue.  I really hope he ends up at Texas.  If we can get Brockermeyer, Byrd, Foster... I'm thrilled and don't give a shit who else is in the class.

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

4 star Donovan Jackson- bama/aggy tosu

4 star Rueben Fatheree- Texas? Aggie or some regional

4 star Bryce Foster- ou (my only hope is that our new track staff can help but he seems ou bound which kills me because he is my favorite interior OL in the next 2 classes)

4 star Hayden Connor- ou/aggy Texas

3 star Erik Cade- aggy?

3 star Montgomery- aggy?

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

4 star Bryce Foster- ou

3 star Erik Cade- aggy?

3 star Montgomery- aggy?

I think at least one of those guys will end up in the BIG. tOSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, and even Nebraska will be heavy contenders.

Just now, victory88 said:

I really have no clue on Fatheree.  I thought I read somewhere that his dad and him were pretty high on Texas but I could be way off base.

They are but I'm not sure where he is on our board. Perhaps he is at the top, dunno.

Hayden Conner is the astronaut kid and he's very high on Texas.  Supposedly Foster loves Texas as well.  We'll see.  These 2 come from an aggy school, but I'm betting they like Hand more than whoever that OL coach is at aggy.  Conner always mentions Coach Hand in all his interviews.  They were also both at the Spring game.

I'd bet the staff has Brockermeyer and Byrd as the top 2 Tackles ahead of Fatheree.  That's just my opinion.

I also posted this in the 2020 thread, but Bijan and Lathan have a stud OL teammate that we've offered and he's already visited twice.  We may even lead for this kid.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, victory88 said:

4 star Bryce Foster- ou

3 star Erik Cade- aggy?

3 star Montgomery- aggy?

I believe that I've seen Jackson is Texas/tOSU and Connor is Texas/B1G

30 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

I think at least one of those guys will end up in the BIG. tOSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, and even Nebraska will be heavy contenders.

Jackson and Connor are the two guys I've seen linked to BIG programs

3 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I believe that I've seen Jackson is Texas/tOSU and Connor is Texas/B1G

Jackson and Connor are the two guys I've seen linked to BIG programs

TFB mentioned Jackson’s mom is a huge tOSU fan and dad is a Michigan fan, so Texas could possibly be the compromise school.