Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

From Nahlin:

It gets even more interesting.

Grimes is the cousin of 2021 WR Latrell Neville from Willowridge. Mehringer went by there today. 

Recently Neville informed Texas that Grimes is interested in UT and the two have discussed playing together.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Hasn't Adeleye mentioned a strong degree being important to him in nearly every blurb? If that's really important to him, then he won't end up at OU.

McGowan talked about academics mattering, and then dropped Stanford and kept OU

It really doesn't matter to like 90% of these kids

28 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Hasn't Adeleye mentioned a strong degree being important to him in nearly every blurb? If that's really important to him, then he won't end up at OU.

"Strong degree" to most of these kids means an attainable degree from an accredited university. And it's hard to blame them.

20 minutes ago, Fud said:

McGowan talked about academics mattering, and then dropped Stanford and kept OU

It really doesn't matter to like 90% of these kids

12 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

"Strong degree" to most of these kids means an attainable degree from an accredited university. And it's hard to blame them.

Right, I guess I just imagine Tunmise having strict Nigerian parents who'd like for him to end up at a legitimately good university.

• Like 1

Just now, George Clooney said:

Right, I guess I just imagine Tunmise having strict Nigerian parents who'd like for him to end up at a legitimately good university.

Obvious lee he's going to look around and see who has the best collection of west African ties 

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I'm trying to remember the last Nigerian star at OU, compared to Texas.

Acho x 2

Okafor

Orakpo

Okam

Current 

Ossai

Ojomo

Adeoye

I know I'm missing a ton.

Omenihu is Nigerian.

If you're listing stars, neither Adeoye nor Ojomo apply right now.

Edited by Machinator

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I'm excited for Lake! But am a little surprised he was offered this early. I think it was a reaction to the other offers he has been receiving. He still needs to develop a lot but he has the size, jumping ability, and the hands you want in a Y/TE. He is a willing blocker but needs to continue to get his technique down. He is 1 year removed from being the 4th team QB on the freshmen team. Texas is his favorite school by a mile.

• Like 1

Just now, Longhorn94 said:

I'm excited for Lake! But am a little surprised he was offered this early. I think it was a reaction to the other offers he has been receiving. He still needs to develop a lot but he has the size, jumping ability, and the hands you want in a Y/TE. He is a willing blocker but needs to continue to get his technique down. He is 1 year removed from being the 4th team QB on the freshmen team. Texas is his favorite school by a mile.

Could be (pure spitballing) that we decided to get an H-back instead of true TE this year, and they want to make sure they get a regular fit for the position next cycle?

13 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

how does he compare to cade brewer at that age?

6 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

Everything you wrote makes him a no brainer offer. Pretty clear Coach is not a fan of taking kids with bodies that are maxed out or over weight.