Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

E.J. Holland: Texas recruiting tidbits from Flight/Hooks skills clinic

Horns247's EJ Holland spent Sunday at the Sky's The Limit/Flight skills clinic hosted by elite wide receiver trainer Margin Hooks and top defensive back trainer Christian White. Here are some Texas recruiting notes from the event.

— Elite 2021 Dallas Parish Episcopal quarterback Preston Stone said he plans to take the recruiting process more seriously in upcoming months. He has no visits set, but he is planning to schedule some as well as narrow down his lengthy offer list. Stone visited Texas for junior day and said a return trip to Austin for the spring game could be in the cards. Texas is still a heavy favorite Stone, and he has an outstanding relationship with offensive coordinator Tim Beck.

— Big-time 2021 Aledo wide receiver JoJo Earle said he is looking to make it to the Texas spring game in a few weeks. Earle added that Texas is one of his top three schools early in the recruiting process along with Oklahoma State and Texas Tech. Earle speaks to Texas wide receivers coach Drew Mehringer and Recruiting Director Bryan Carrington on a regular basis.

— Rising 2021 South Grand Prairie wide receiver Deamikkio Nathan told me that he plans to camp in Austin this summer. Nathan has been in touch with the Texas coaching staff and said an offer from the Longhorns would mean a lot to him. He holds early offers from BYU, Kansas State, Texas Tech and others.

— Texas extended a spring game invitation to rising 2021 Plano John Paul II wide receiver Jerand Bradley. He may attend but is still working out his ride situation. The 6-foot-5, 190 pound wide out is an intriguing prospect with offers from Arkansas, Colorado, Rutgers and others.

— Another 2021 wide receiver to keep an eye on is Godley product Brenen Hawkins. He hasn’t heard much from Texas at this point in the process, but he works with the aforementioned Hooks, who has produced multiple UT wide receivers. The 6-foot-3, 185-pounder has great size and potential. He has offers from Kansas and Texas Tech.

— A 2022 recruit to file away is Fort Worth Nolan Catholic running back Emeka Megwa. He has offers from Baylor, Florida, Houston and Illinois early on and is starting to establish himself as one of the state’s top prospects in his class.

Mike Roach: Louisiana DL Maason Smith shares thoughts on UT offer, visit

The Longhorns have done well recruiting defensive linemen from Louisiana. It seems like once a year, the Texas staff finds a big monster from the boot who fits into their scheme. Oscar Giles is getting a head start on 2021 with Houma (La.) Terrebonne defensive tackle Maason Smith. Smith visited Austin over the weekend, and he gave the trip rave reviews.

“It was great,” he said. “We started the visit off by watching morning practice. I got to see Coach (Oscar) Giles coach some of the players, and then we went on a little tour around the campus. After that we went back to the facilities and ate some lunch. We took a tour of the weight room and other facilities, and then we took pictures with the jerseys on, which I loved. We watched some film, and then I got the offer. We also went to watch the relays on campus. The visit was great. I loved the atmosphere of the school, and the city of Austin. When it comes down to my recruitment, Texas is definitely one of my top schools in mind.”

Smith clicked with Oscar Giles early on. He said he felt a relatable vibe from the Texas defensive line coach.  “He was a very cool dude. He kind of reminded me of my dad,” he said. “I liked how he was upbeat with his players and how he coached. It also seemed that he was very interested in what I had to say which made me feel a lot better.”

Smith has offers from several top programs in the country, and he said that the Longhorns fit in well with the group of schools recruiting him heavy.  “They’re up there with Alabama, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Texas A&M, Virginia, Ohio State and Oklahoma,” he said. “Those are my top schools now, but that could always change.” At 6-foot-4, 299 pounds, Smith is not currently ranked.

Edited by satyanash

On 3/30/2019 at 8:29 PM, texifornia said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Cole-Lourd-46077126/

Given that he's hanging out with Jim Bob Moffett, I'm guessing he's got oil in the family

Funny. I suspected a few months ago that this was the family that that one angry elf poster might be indicating he's a part of. Can't remember his name, but he was promptly banned after a series of not-so-humble brags. Couldn't find a connection to the Moffetts and Willie Nelson's management or whatever BS he was talking about, but they were definitely instrumental in helping ole Willie get his stuff back. 

eh... not worried about Stanford.  They're a shell of their self back when Harbaugh was there and the beginning years of Shaw.  The entire PAC 12 in general has become a complete dumpster fire.  The biggest reason we lost Little and Bragg to Stanford was because our OL had a 10 year history of being pure dog shit.  I mean, absolute dog shit.  Guys like Cameron Hughes, Tristen Nickelson,  Taylor Doyle and Marcus Hutchins started here just 4-5 years ago because of the absolute mess and lack of depth we had here with rotating OL coaches that either couldn't recruit or coach.   Hand is changing that.  I'm extremely excited about the future of this O-line and Stanford will go back to fucking themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

eh... not worried about Stanford.  They're a shell of their self back when Harbaugh was there and the beginning years of Shaw.  The entire PAC 12 in general has become a complete dumpster fire Bloomgren was coaching the OL.  The biggest reason we lost Little and Bragg to Stanford was because our OL had a 10 year history of being pure dog shit.  I mean, absolute dog shit.  Guys like Cameron Hughes, Tristen Nickelson,  Taylor Doyle and Marcus Hutchins started here just 4-5 years ago because of the absolute mess and lack of depth we had here with rotating OL coaches that either couldn't recruit or coach his mom is the alpha of the relationship & her dream was to have her son attend a perceived academically exclusive university. Hand is changing that.  I'm extremely excited about the future of this O-line and Stanford will go back to fucking themselves.

FIFY.

Edited by Goodman
  • Like 4

IT

TUNMISE ADELEYE 

The 2021 Katy Tompkins defensive line prospect is one of the best in Texas. At 6-foot-3, 265, Adeleye is enjoying the process early in his HS career.

“I will be at A&M on the 13th for their spring game and I’ll probably be in Austin on May 4th and 5th,” said Adeleye.

JMBLYA, IMO.

Despite catching the Texas A&M spring game, UT looks to be an early leader here.

“I talk to Texas the most out of any school recruiting me,” said Adeleye. “It seems like they’re the most interested as of right now.”

I can confirm their interest. Adeleye has potential to play in multiple fronts.

“Texas is definitely back in my opinion,” said Adeleye. “I like what Coach Herman is doing with the program. The school is also a really prestigious academic institution. A degree from Texas will help propel me into the workforce, no matter what major I decide to study.”

Getting him back on campus in early May is just another data point, but this is trending nicely.

MORE SPRING GAME NAMES

To go along with known commodities like Chad Lindberg, Vernon Broughton, Prince Dorbah, and Bijan Robinson, Texas has a few new names added to the Spring game visitor list.

WR JoJo Earle, Aledo: Texas leads here and I don’t even know if there’s a No. 2. Ideal slot in UT’s offense.

WR Latrell Neville, Willowridge: One of the most offered prospects in 2021 - 30 offers including Alabama, Ohio State, and LSU - absolutely loves Austin. The 6-foot-3, 185-pound receiver has been visiting almost a year now and holds the Horns in high regard.

“The way that (UT) utilizes their big receivers, and every time I’m in Austin, they make me feel like it’s my home already,” said Neville.

He also has list of things every program will need to garner his signature:
1. Panda Express
2. A good communications major
3. Waffle House
4. A nice golf course

Neville is a fun kid and dynamic on the field.

We’ll have the full list on Thursday or Friday.

50 minutes ago, Machinator said:

IT

Hide contents

TUNMISE ADELEYE 

The 2021 Katy Tompkins defensive line prospect is one of the best in Texas. At 6-foot-3, 265, Adeleye is enjoying the process early in his HS career.

“I will be at A&M on the 13th for their spring game and I’ll probably be in Austin on May 4th and 5th,” said Adeleye.

JMBLYA, IMO.

Despite catching the Texas A&M spring game, UT looks to be an early leader here.

“I talk to Texas the most out of any school recruiting me,” said Adeleye. “It seems like they’re the most interested as of right now.”

I can confirm their interest. Adeleye has potential to play in multiple fronts.

“Texas is definitely back in my opinion,” said Adeleye. “I like what Coach Herman is doing with the program. The school is also a really prestigious academic institution. A degree from Texas will help propel me into the workforce, no matter what major I decide to study.”

Getting him back on campus in early May is just another data point, but this is trending nicely.

MORE SPRING GAME NAMES

To go along with known commodities like Chad Lindberg, Vernon Broughton, Prince Dorbah, and Bijan Robinson, Texas has a few new names added to the Spring game visitor list.

WR JoJo Earle, Aledo: Texas leads here and I don’t even know if there’s a No. 2. Ideal slot in UT’s offense.

WR Latrell Neville, Willowridge: One of the most offered prospects in 2021 - 30 offers including Alabama, Ohio State, and LSU - absolutely loves Austin. The 6-foot-3, 185-pound receiver has been visiting almost a year now and holds the Horns in high regard.

“The way that (UT) utilizes their big receivers, and every time I’m in Austin, they make me feel like it’s my home already,” said Neville.

He also has list of things every program will need to garner his signature:
1. Panda Express
2. A good communications major
3. Waffle House
4. A nice golf course

Neville is a fun kid and dynamic on the field.

We’ll have the full list on Thursday or Friday.

Sounds like Tunmise is drinking the burnt orange kool aid early. Do like.

Edited by Burt Macklin

New Top247 rankings are out.

3. Tommy Brockermeyer

20. Camar Wheaton

22. Preston Stone

24. Savion Byrd

31. Ja'Tavion Sanders

42. Landon Jackson

47. Tunmise Adeleye

51. Cody Jackson

55. Donovan Jackson

68. Marcus Burris

83. Quaydarius Davis

87. Clayton Smith

89. Reuben Fatheree

98. Kendrick Blackshire

105. Bryce Foster

118 Latrell McCutchin

126. Shadrach Banks

137. Dematrius Davis

156. Jonathan Flowe

165. Landyn Watson

169. Eli Stowers

174. JoJo Earle

179. JD Coffey

183. Hayden Conner

221. Bryson Green

241. Jonah Miller

14 minutes ago, Machinator said:

New Top247 rankings are out.

Reveal hidden contents

3. Tommy Brockermeyer

20. Camar Wheaton

22. Preston Stone

24. Savion Byrd

31. Ja'Tavion Sanders

42. Landon Jackson

47. Tunmise Adeleye

51. Cody Jackson

55. Donovan Jackson

68. Marcus Burris

83. Quaydarius Davis

87. Clayton Smith

89. Reuben Fatheree

98. Kendrick Blackshire

105. Bryce Foster

118 Latrell McCutchin

126. Shadrach Banks

137. Dematrius Davis

156. Jonathan Flowe

165. Landyn Watson

169. Eli Stowers

174. JoJo Earle

179. JD Coffey

183. Hayden Conner

221. Bryson Green

241. Jonah Miller

Aggy going to cry BOMC with Byrd as the #2 OL in-state.

Also of note, the big TE from Grandview that visited not to long ago is #12 in-state.

And Landon Jackson's DL teammate that was recently offered by Bama' is #11.