Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

12 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Yeah, offer James and get this shit locked down.  People that watched him are saying he’s going to be a better prospect that Walker Little.  He dominated in his recent camps.  

You actually need to say tommy at some point before using pronouns. Unless you actually mean jimmy will be better than little and has dominated at camps. 

• Like 2

IT on the Brockermeyers

Tommy Brockermeyer, OL - FW All Saints (2021): After a visit to Iowa on Monday and Tuesday, Team Brockermeyer will be on campus next Friday. They're slated for Ann Arbor the day after. You can probably get used to seeing them around campus. Tommy, who's not only the lead candidate for the state’s top player in 2021, there’s scuttle he’s Top 10 in the nation. I’m buying.

James Brockermeyer, OL - FW All Saints (2021): James might get tired of being “the other Brockermeyer twin," but something tells me he’ll have his own moment soon. OU verbally extending an offer recently might have just expedited it. His offer list (Iowa, OU, Oklahoma State, Virginia) has grown thanks to some nice camp showings. Either way, he’s worthy. You take every damn Brockermeyer you can get. Like a Shipley.

So, where do things stand with the Brockermeyers? Should an offer come down to James, whichever one was born first should allow the other to commit first. You might be looking at the first two commitments of the 2021 class.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

IT on the Brockermeyers

Hide contents

Tommy Brockermeyer, OL - FW All Saints (2021): After a visit to Iowa on Monday and Tuesday, Team Brockermeyer will be on campus next Friday. They're slated for Ann Arbor the day after. You can probably get used to seeing them around campus. Tommy, who's not only the lead candidate for the state’s top player in 2021, there’s scuttle he’s Top 10 in the nation. I’m buying.

James Brockermeyer, OL - FW All Saints (2021): James might get tired of being “the other Brockermeyer twin," but something tells me he’ll have his own moment soon. OU verbally extending an offer recently might have just expedited it. His offer list (Iowa, OU, Oklahoma State, Virginia) has grown thanks to some nice camp showings. Either way, he’s worthy. You take every damn Brockermeyer you can get. Like a Shipley.

So, where do things stand with the Brockermeyers? Should an offer come down to James, whichever one was born first should allow the other to commit first. You might be looking at the first two commitments of the 2021 class.

Wonder how quickly this would go down once we offer James? 

FYI on the last IT podcast Nahlin briefly talked about the Brockermeyers and mentioned he was texting Blake then and sounded very encouraging. 

Edited by bEastTexas

Mike Roach: Four-star DL Landon Jackson recaps recent Texas visit

Landon Jackson’s sophomore season ended too quickly. The four-star Texarkana Pleasant Grove defensive end watched from the sidelines as his team fell just short of back-to-back championships. Jackson is hard at work in rehab to get healthy from a torn ACL before his junior season, and the recovery is going well for him. “I’m getting around pretty good,” he said. “I’m ahead of schedule, and I’m already jogging and running around on it.”

Jackson made his return to Austin for junior day, and he was able to enjoy some new experiences despite having visited so many times. “It was pretty good,” he said. “I had already seen everything around there, but it was good to go see it. I hadn’t seen the weight room since last year, so it was good to see that. I’ve never been in Coach (Tom) Herman’s office, so that was really cool.” Jackson also mentioned that the planned stadium upgrades to DKR stood out to him. Though facilities aren’t everything, Jackson admitted that playing in a newly-upgraded stadium intrigued him. “I think the suites and everything look really nice,” he said. “I’d like to be a part of that.”

The Longhorns have to be considered one of the front runners in this recruitment, but they are still facing competition. Three regional programs are also recruiting him hard, and Jackson is planning to make an out-of-state visit to one of them next month. “Oklahoma, Texas A&M and Arkansas are the schools standing out for me aside from Texas,” he said. “I’m going to visit Arkansas this month.” At 6-foot-6, 230 pounds, Jackson is ranked as the No. 4 weak-side defensive end in the country and No. 9 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports.

On 3/10/2019 at 10:54 AM, irishtexan said:

How does aggy feel about Landon Jackson being so into UT when his dad played basketball there? That’s got to chap their asses big time

Well, 3 out of the 4 CBs put in for him are for him to end up at the Dixie Chicken

My guess is that the CBs are more than a little bit of trying to influence Landon's decision rather than trying to predict where he is going.

Mike Roach: Elite 2021 OL Tommy Brockermeyer blown away by Iowa visit

It’s been a big spring for Tommy Brockermeyer. The 2021 Fort Worth (Tx.) All Saints offensive tackle started picking up big offers in December, and he dominated the camp circuit during the early spring. He and his twin brother James have been to multiple college campuses to make visits, and they are using spring break to see some out of state schools. The family made their way to Iowa over the weekend, and Brockermeyer was blown away by the visit.

“I had a great time,” he said. “I loved spending time with all of the coaches. You can just tell they are all great people, and I was very impressed with their setup and work ethic.” The Hawkeyes have a proud tradition on the offensive line. That history was part of their pitch to Brockermeyer, and he noted that it made a big impact. “The thing that stood out to me the most was the o-line tradition at Iowa,” he said. So many coaches there know everything about o-line, and you can just tell that o-line there is more valuable than at other schools.”

With the visit fresh on his mind, Brockermeyer told 247Sports that Iowa stacked up well against the other colleges he saw this spring. “Iowa definitely was different than other schools,” he said. “Their offensive line development and tradition might be the best in the country, which is a very important factor for me.”

Brockermeyer would love to make a return visit to Iowa during the fall, but he acknowledged that scheduling would be pretty tough. “We would like to come for a game, but my brother plays at Texas and my dad is at SMU,” he said. “So hopefully somehow we could get some time to go.” At 6-foot-6, 278 pounds, Brockermeyer is not currently ranked.

How does aggy feel about Landon Jackson being so into UT when his dad played basketball there? That’s got to chap their asses big time
Being from pleasant grove and listening to others in the program I know next to nothing about where he wants to go to college. But from what I understand arkie is more of a threat than aggy. His dad is a giant. Maybe 6'8" tall. 6 8 doesn't translate in to a DE. Hope landon stops growing.

Side note, I've talked to him just once, he seems a little shy. But that was a 30 second encounter. His hudl videos are a little concerning. When he makes a play I dont see teammates celebrating with him. Most D guys who get a big sack or INT everybody celebrates around that person.

Just a weird observation I guess since he is a local kid. Probably nothing concerning but still odd.

8 hours ago, markstanco said:

Being from pleasant grove and listening to others in the program I know next to nothing about where he wants to go to college. But from what I understand arkie is more of a threat than aggy. His dad is a giant. Maybe 6'8" tall. 6 8 doesn't translate in to a DE. Hope landon stops growing.

Side note, I've talked to him just once, he seems a little shy. But that was a 30 second encounter. His hudl videos are a little concerning. When he makes a play I dont see teammates celebrating with him. Most D guys who get a big sack or INT everybody celebrates around that person. 

Just a weird observation I guess since he is a local kid. Probably nothing concerning but still odd. 

Thanks for the nothingburger thoughts 

11 hours ago, markstanco said:

So he's basically Bo Callahan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IT on the Brockermeyers visiting

Tommy Brockermeyer, OT - Fort Worth All Saints (TX) (2021): After making a visit to Big 10 country to see the Hawkeyes with his twin brother, James, Team Brockermeyer is making a return trip to the land of Longhorns and Legacies. You know the story, best prospect in-state for 2021, and probably Top 5 prospect in the nation for his class. This trip may be as much for James than anything else. The Brockermeyers got in last night to spend some time with walk-on Luke Brockermeyer, who will get some real snaps this spring at linebacker.

James Brockermeyer, OL - Fort Worth All Saints (TX) (2021): Texas has made it clear they covet both offensive linemen, but only Tommy holds an offer. Maybe that changes on this visit. And if it does, I think Texas may have separated from the pack just a little more in the process. It would be a safe bet those two end up in burnt orange like their brother, and father, and grandfather.