Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

2 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

that is great.  Where can i find that?

See: every single year.

Aggy "recruiting reporters," who all seem to be aggy grads and who all try to sway players to aggy, CB everyone to aggy at the beginning of each cycle to create faux momentum to aggy and influence recruits towards them. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

See: every single year.

Aggy "recruiting reporters," who all seem to be aggy grads and who all try to sway players to aggy, CB everyone to aggy at the beginning of each cycle to create faux momentum to aggy and influence recruits towards them. 

of course.  shouldve been that obvious to me. 

I'll take a lap

IT

THE GREEN TWINS

Getting into Allen High School has been a task Tom Herman continues to instill in his staff. It's littered with D1 prospects every cycle and 2021 is no different. 

So Texas offered Blaine and Bryson Green this month, identical twin wideouts from the DFW super power. When I say identical, it's tough to tell them apart. Both looked great last Sunday in Arlington for the Under Armour camp. We caught up with one...Blaine. 

"It’s just about having fun," Blaine said after the camp. "I work hard every day there (at Allen). Our coaches push us to the max of our ability so we can be the best on the field and also off the field. I’m having fun out here after. I was messing around with the quarterback that I was paired up with for the half-line and stuff. It’s just a pretty cool experience."

Filling big shoes at Allen will be a tough assignment, with Theo Wease headed north of the Red River. But the Greens know the deal. 

"I feel honored," said Blaine. "It’s a big role to step into. I feel as if I’m ready because I’m well-prepared. I get to work almost every day possible and try my best."

When UT offered both recently, it was a signal that the Horns really want the duo, considering they haven't played their junior seasons yet. But they're building a relationship with Drew Mehringer, and that's a start. 

"Coach Mehringer, the assistant wide receiver coach," Blaine said, about his contact in Austin. "He’s a pretty cool dude. I was surprised because we were at basketball practice hooping and he came over, hollered at me quick, he’s like ‘I want to make it quick, but I wanted to offer y’all a scholarship.’ I was just so surprised and was thankful. We took one visit to (UT) for a fun junior day/night (Stars at Night). Sadly, I couldn’t really do anything because I broke my collarbone in the summer. We just went out there, enjoyed our time there, and ate some good food."

There are others coming after the brothers. Both are roughly 6-foot-2, 200 pounds and hold double-digit offers including Auburn, Arkansas, Nebraska, and Virginia Tech. One school is pushing the hardest at this stage. 

"Baylor. I feel like since Baylor’s closest, we tend to keep a connection with them. I know coach Nixon because his son is a year above us. We get to see him at a lot of these things too. Probably Baylor. I would say they’re the one because they’re the closest. Other schools, all the ones we have offers we try to build the best relationship with. We’re always calling and talking to them every other week so we can find that right fit.

No visits planned at this time, but an east coast trip to see multiple schools could be in the cards. 

Of note; they are not related to former Allen, current Minnesota QB Seth Green. 

JOJO EARLE

Every time I see the 5-foot-8, 170-pound waterbug, he's got a smile as big as Texas. Earle, 2021, is the type of kid every program needs; elite speed/quickness, and a positive attitude. For defenders, catching Earle is like Rocky trying to catch the chicken in the sequel. 

I can hear the opponents' coaches screaming, "greasy, lightning speed" like they were Mickey. 

When Earle told me after his Aledo Bearcats clinched yet another state championship in December, that the early UT offer "meant so much considering they don't offer many sophomores," that resonated with me. 

"Life has been good since the state title," said Earle, who was one of three sophomores to be invited to the UA Future 50 camp. "It's basically the same as last year, going through offseason, nothing has changed. We're still hungry to win again."

Earle runs track, of course, and that's where he goes for the next three months. He runs the 100, 4x100, and 4x200 so we know Herman approves. UT isn't the only school after the might mite. 

"Texas Tech wants me to come down as soon as I can," said Earle. "But Texas is still one of my top schools. I hope to visit this spring, maybe the spring game." 

Michigan, Oklahoma State, TCU, and Tech seem to be the other schools coming at Earle, but despite his elusive speed, he's in no hurry with the process.

Edited by Machinator

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

IT

Hide contents

"Coach Mehringer, the assistant wide receiver coach," Blaine said, about his contact in Austin. "He’s a pretty cool dude. I was surprised because we were at basketball practice hooping and he came over, hollered at me quick, he’s like ‘I want to make it quick, but I wanted to offer y’all a scholarship.’ I was just so surprised and was thankful. We took one visit to (UT) for a fun junior day/night (Stars at Night). Sadly, I couldn’t really do anything because I broke my collarbone in the summer. We just went out there, enjoyed our time there, and ate some good food." 

Image result for damn gif

51 minutes ago, Machinator said:

IT

THE GREEN TWINS

Getting into Allen High School has been a task Tom Herman continues to instill in his staff. It's littered with D1 prospects every cycle and 2021 is no different. 

So Texas offered Blaine and Bryson Green this month, identical twin wideouts from the DFW super power. When I say identical, it's tough to tell them apart. Both looked great last Sunday in Arlington for the Under Armour camp. We caught up with one...Blaine.

I think we have just found out Katfid's day job!

Edited by rickyspub
Ok, I have now gone over my limit on Katfid jokes.

So let's see:

Conner has us in his top 3 and no aggy.

Jackson has us in his top 3 and no aggy.

@JerryHubbard says Foster is coming here.

Brockermeyer would take a fuck up of epic proportions not to land ( and potentially get his bro as a Center ).

Byrd goes to a school we have a great connection with.

On DL, Jackson visits us like crazy and Adeleye really likes us.  Ja'Tavion Sanders supposedly has a burnt orange house and the PA Memoral kid we offered really likes us.

But aggy is going to have a historic class for this year?

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So let's see:

Brockermeyer would take a fuck up of epic proportions not to land ( and potentially get his bro as a Center ).

On DL, Jackson visits us like crazy and Adeleye really likes us.  Ja'Tavion Sanders supposedly has a burnt orange house and the PA Memoral kid we offered really likes us.

Psh, we're just recruiting a BDF 7v7 team. Get outta here.

21 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So let's see:

I saw Jackson told Rivals his top 3, is that also who reported Conners?

40 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So let's see:

The Cultural Revolution was historic.  Maybe that's what aggy meant.

Edited by sushihorn

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So let's see:

Same thing every year...a Texas program that competes for titles every year can pretty much pick who we want.

On 2/26/2019 at 9:37 AM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Taking 6 OL may be tough.  Might have to just take 4 in the 2020 class to have a chance.

Maybe not. Texas currently has 5 JR. OL.

After the 2020 season, Texas will have

SR - Cosmi(who might declare)

JR - Angilau, Moore, Ghirmai, Jones, (Johnson)

SO - Johnson, Hookfin, Shepherd

FR - Garth, Parr, Majors, (Lindberg), 1-2 more

So you could have anywhere from 9-14 OL, so a 6 man class in 2021 is not completely out of the question.

• Like 2

TFB Open Post: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2019/03/open-post-weekend-march-1st-3rd/

Defensive notes from UA Camp
– Darius Terrell

2021 Quick-Hitters

Shemar Turner DE (DeSoto, TX) DeSoto HS, 2021

Turner is a new name to file away and start getting to know for Texas fans. Turner measured in at 6’4.5 260lbs and was an All-District selection in one of the toughest 6A districts in the state as a Sophomore. He fits the mold of athlete that Texas has been recruiting for their “B-Backer” position and is more than athletic enough to remain standing and play in space. However, I believe that Turner has an opportunity to grow into a special DL prospect that can play the 5 or 3-tech like Demarvin Leal and Vernon Broughton. Turner already holds offers from Baylor and Oklahoma State. I was able to chat with Turner following the camp and he is a young man that Texas will be a very strong contender for. He was on campus a few weeks ago for Junior Day and was able to meet the coaches for the first time. In addition to his offers from Baylor and Oklahoma State, Turner told me that “LSU, Texas, and North Carolina” as his favorite schools growing up. In a loaded 2021 class in-state, Turner will likely finish as a consensus top-10 prospect.

Kaleb Higgins CB (Austin, TX) Bowie HS, 2021

File away the name Kaleb Higgins as a potential candidate as a DB target for Texas in 2021. Higgins is the brother of 2019 Stanford signee Elijah Higgins and like his brother, plays in Texas’ backyard. Higgins is every bit of 6’1 and although he was not one of our main targets of focus coming into the day, I kept seeing a #23 in my notes when I reviewed my material from the day. I will be following him closely this upcoming season and will make it a point to meet up with him and pick his brain the next opportunity that I get.

On 3/1/2019 at 3:59 PM, Machinator said:

he would LOVE to go to Texas. great kid. big (tall but needs to add weight), strong, great hands. and still lots of room to improve. he started playing TE (Y) this past season. Prior to this Fall, he was a QB. So he made the switch from QB to TE in the first games of the season on JV and was so dominant that he was promoted to Varsity where he took the starting job and never looked back. i dont know if he is the guy for Texas as the TE spot in the '21 class but this is the kind of kid you hope Texas is on to this early and watch to see if he continues to develop. 6'4+, good speed, hard worker, willing blocker. 

Edited by Longhorn94
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

he would LOVE to go to Texas. great kid. big (tall but needs to add weight), strong, great hands. and still lots of room to improve. he started playing TE (Y) this past season. Prior to this Fall, he was a QB. So he made the switch from QB to TE in the first games of the season on JV and was so dominant that he was promoted to Varsity where he took the starting job and never looked back. i dont know if he is the guy for Texas as the TE spot in the '21 class but this is the kind of kid you hope Texas is on to this early and watch to see if he continues to develop. 6'4+, good speed, hard worker, willing blocker. 

We give you shit for your homer side, but thanks for the report. 

• Like 1