Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

They didn't offer James Brockermeyer.

It is pure arrogance at this point. It’s also pissing the dad off. OU offered both players before Texas. It’s fucking embarrassing. Y’all can rationalize it all you want, but Tom Herman isn’t bigger than the program. He’s shown us enough times that he’s capable of thinking that, however, and this smacks of more of that shit. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It is pure arrogance at this point. It’s also pissing the dad off. OU offered both players before Texas. It’s fucking embarrassing. Y’all can rationalize it all you want, but Tom Herman isn’t bigger than the program. He’s shown us enough times that he’s capable of thinking that, however, and this smacks of more of that shit. 

Yeah I agree.  Also, I don’t think they will go to ou and Riley knows that. He’s probably hoping we use an extra scholarship on James.  Maybe Herman thinks we can get both with using 1 scholarship in a year where there’s a lot of elite talent considering us.  I’d prefer Herman offer both and get this over with.  He’ll have no one to blame but himself if he lets the #1 player in Texas and possibly the nation end up at another school because of his stubbornness.  

Edited by victory88

1 minute ago, Magus Ossis said:

I have to admit, I’m starting to wonder why we’re apparently not working harder to lock down the Bros. Brock. If we miss on them, it will be one of the, if not The, worst recruiting failures in Texas history.

Don’t go satya on us. There are plenty of things I may question, but I have zero doubt that Herman and Blake Brockermeyer know exactly what’s going on and have a plan. 

Edited by Tex Pete

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

@SydneyCarton might actually have a breakdown

Cant say Im surprised. Tommy is looking for an excuse to blaze his own trail, and Herman’s shit at this point will alienate pops, and then they’ll go anywhere but OU and Texas and wreck shop. 

When Herman decides to put the pedal to the metal for both sons in 4-6 months I hope all 3 Brockermeyers take turns rubbing their nuts all over Herman’s face and make him the Fyre Festival guy. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Cant say Im surprised. Tommy is looking for an excuse to blaze his own trail, and Herman’s shit at this point will alienate pops, and then they’ll go anywhere but OU and Texas and wreck shop.  

When Herman decides to put the pedal to the metal for both sons in 4-6 months I hope all 3 Brockermeyers take turns rubbing their nuts all over Herman’s face and make him the Fyre Festival guy.  

As long as they end up signing with the good guys. I care way more about the team being good than Blake Brockermeyer's (or Tom Herman's) feelings.

Edited by texifornia

Just now, texifornia said:

As long as they end up signing. I care way more about the team being good than Blake Brockermeyer's feelings.

Thats great, and I agree, but thats an If right now, not a When. When it becomes clear to Herman that Tommy is fine going elsewhere and he needs to offer both sons, and the fear of public embarrassment is real, THEN he’ll offer. And he’ll recruit like a madman. And it will all have been completely unnecessary. 

For all the warranted praise we give this staff for good evals and great results thus far, it feels like there are 1-2 guys every cycle we unnescessarily fuck up and/or completely shoot ourselves in the dick with recruiting-wise. Its irritating as fuck.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Machinator said:

IT on the Brockermeyers visiting

Hide contents

Tommy Brockermeyer, OT - Fort Worth All Saints (TX) (2021): After making a visit to Big 10 country to see the Hawkeyes with his twin brother, James, Team Brockermeyer is making a return trip to the land of Longhorns and Legacies. You know the story, best prospect in-state for 2021, and probably Top 5 prospect in the nation for his class. This trip may be as much for James than anything else. The Brockermeyers got in last night to spend some time with walk-on Luke Brockermeyer, who will get some real snaps this spring at linebacker.

James Brockermeyer, OL - Fort Worth All Saints (TX) (2021): Texas has made it clear they covet both offensive linemen, but only Tommy holds an offer. Maybe that changes on this visit. And if it does, I think Texas may have separated from the pack just a little more in the process. It would be a safe bet those two end up in burnt orange like their brother, and father, and grandfather.

Part about this that's confusing is if the staff has made it clear they covet both then what's the hold up on an offer?

10 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

That kinda puts into perspective how big his kids really are. Blake is a big human being, and the oldest is the smallest.

9 hours ago, futureman said:

is james really 6’3”?  if he’s mean like a brockermeyer and can be a 6’3” 310# center that seems like a take anyway. 

No.

Blake was listed as 6'4" when he played.

James is 1.5" to 2" shorter than Blake... whatever Blake's height really is.

James is at most 6' 2.5" and perhaps only 6' 1.5". Other than Deep Snapper, we never take OLs in the 6'2" range.

Luke (listed at 6'3", but isn't) came to UT without a scholarship and James (also not 6'3") is the level of player that UT would offer a PWO spot to. It just comes down to whether or not you think that Tommy is worth 2 scholarships. Tommy might be worth 2 scholarships while he's on campus, but he'll be gone in 3 years...

...and James will stick around for 5, unless he grad-transfers in 3 and goes somewhere where he can play.

It's crazy how big 6'2", 260 lbs is compared to me, but it's really not a Top 25 G/C starter kit size. It sucks, but he's just too small for Hand. Perhaps Coach Hand should be getting all of the moans & groans, because he's clearly told TH that James is not a take.

EDIT: We also don't know James' wingspan/sleeve. I'm guessing that he and Poona wouldn't wear the same size dress shirt.

Edited by Napoleon

Tommy is worthy of 2 scholarships if he can start at tackle for 3 yrs.   We have wasted a bunch of scholarships in the past to find a surefire starter at tackle. Tommy is arguably the best tackle prospect in last 10 years.

IMO, Herman will offer james a scholarship after “thorough”evaluation. I don’t think we have offered a lot of 2021 oline. Herman will tell James that he has earned on his own merits.  Plus, Herman and co. don’t want to jump on the bandwagon with the offer now. Perhaps, this is what I want to believe. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bamboozled73 said:

Tommy is worthy of 2 scholarships if he can start at tackle for 3 yrs.   We have wasted a bunch of scholarships in the past to find a surefire starter at tackle. Tommy is arguably the best tackle prospect in last 10 years.

IMO, Herman will offer james a scholarship after “thorough”evaluation. I don’t think we have offered a lot of 2021 oline. Herman will tell James that he has earned on his own merits.  Plus, Herman and co. don’t want to jump on the bandwagon with the offer now. Perhaps, this is what I want to believe. 

Username doesn't check out.

On 3/15/2019 at 3:07 PM, closetojumping said:

23 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Thats great, and I agree, but thats an If right now, not a When. When it becomes clear to Herman that Tommy is fine going elsewhere and he needs to offer both sons, and the fear of public embarrassment is real, THEN he’ll offer. And he’ll recruit like a madman. And it will all have been completely unnecessary. 

For all the warranted praise we give this staff for good evals and great results thus far, it feels like there are 1-2 guys every cycle we unnescessarily fuck up and/or completely shoot ourselves in the dick with recruiting-wise. Its irritating as fuck.  

Do either of y’all have solid intel that it’s not Hand that’s hesitant on the offer?  Just a thought.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Do either of y’all have solid intel that it’s not Hand that’s hesitant on the offer?  Just a thought.

I mentioned that it could be this above, but I'm glad that someone else is at least mentioning it.

Maybe Hand has said: "He's never going to see the field at that height." And then Herman said "Well, then we'll hold off on offering him for now."

And then Surly goes all nuts on Herman being cocky.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I mentioned that it could be this above, but I'm glad that someone else is at least mentioning it.

Maybe Hand has said: "He's never going to see the field at that height." And then Herman said "Well, then we'll hold off on offering him for now."

And then Surly goes all nuts on Herman being cocky.

He measured in at 6'3 242 lbs. at the Dallas Opening.  Doubt height is an issue.  Majors is 6'3.  

22 hours ago, futureman said:

is james really 6’3”?  if he’s mean like a brockermeyer and can be a 6’3” 310# center that seems like a take anyway. 

Impossible to tell from that photo, makes him look 6'1. Kid is only a JR in HS, the way Coach is building this roster on the OL he has 4 years of development left before we would count on him to play.