Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

What's the early ideal DL haul for this class?  Lots of options and will be plenty of high end guys.  I got them broke down position wise like this:

Adeleye - NG ( I suppose he could be a 4i, but he was repping at NG in the spring and looks like he could be a difference maker at NG ).

Jackson - b-backer ( maybe grow into 4i ).

Burris - 4i

J. Thomas - 4i

E'maurion Banks - 4i

Clayton Smith - b-backer ( possible 4i ??? ).

Sanders - Not sure if this guy will be a b-backer or 4i.

I'm going to go ahead and list Blackshire on here as a 4i.

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

We're oddly mediocre in CenTex. Not awful, but it's hardly an impregnable program heartland.

LBJ High School is less than 10 miles away from the University of Texas. The Longhorns offered McCutchin, but not until after Alabama did.

“I’m not going to lie, it wasn’t really hard,” McCutchin said of choosing Alabama over Texas, among others. “They like to show interest in you after you blow up and I feel like if I’m in your city you should automatically just want me just because I’m in your back yard, like no hesitation. But with them, they got a really slow recruiting process and I kind of respect it, but I just don’t think it’s for me.”

1 minute ago, Coach pop a bitch said:
LBJ High School is less than 10 miles away from the University of Texas. The Longhorns offered McCutchin, but not until after Alabama did.

“I’m not going to lie, it wasn’t really hard,” McCutchin said of choosing Alabama over Texas, among others. “They like to show interest in you after you blow up and I feel like if I’m in your city you should automatically just want me just because I’m in your back yard, like no hesitation. But with them, they got a really slow recruiting process and I kind of respect it, but I just don’t think it’s for me.”

I'm not gonna lie, I don't like this attitude. I don't give a shit where you live. Same rules apply.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

That's... not the greatest look for him. Some diva vibes.

37 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

What's the early ideal DL haul for this class?  Lots of options and will be plenty of high end guys.  I got them broke down position wise like this:

Adeleye - NG ( I suppose he could be a 4i, but he was repping at NG in the spring and looks like he could be a difference maker at NG ).

Jackson - b-backer ( maybe grow into 4i ).

Burris - 4i

J. Thomas - 4i

E'maurion Banks - 4i

Clayton Smith - b-backer ( possible 4i ??? ).

Sanders - Not sure if this guy will be a b-backer or 4i.

I'm going to go ahead and list Blackshire on here as a 4i.

This is a nice list of blue choppers but who are the gritty backup options Giles will actually land?

How much earlier could we have offered him...  we offered him his sophomore year. We recruit really well at DB, not worried here.  Kitan Crawford is arguably the best best db in the state this year.  Get him and go all in on Ringo and we’re set.  Still have Watson from 2019 who I think is insanely underrated.  

2 hours ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Is this going to be a thing moving forward? Asking every Texas player that chooses another school to say why they didn't choose us? Whatever gets clicks I guess

• Like 1

Mike at night:

I was able to see new Texas commit Quay Davis in action tonight. The four-star receiver played on both sides of the ball in 7v7 action. Davis actually had two interceptions at DB, and he showed off some incredible athleticism. Davis said afterward that the relationship with Ra’Shaad Samples and the chance to stay close to home and represent his state was huge for him. He wanted to get his commitment out of the way so he could focus on high school ball and help build the 2021 class. Davis said that his recruitment is completely shut down at this point.

—If I had to pick someone to watch to be the next member of the 2021 class, I’d say it’s Garland Lakeview Centennial running back Camar Wheaton. Wheaton is close with Davis (they play on the same 7v7 team), and he also has a strong relationship with Ra’Shaad Samples. Wheaton doesn’t say much to media, but I spoke with a source who indicated Texas had a lead in his recruitment, and it wouldn’t shock him to see Wheaton shut things down soon. The only other school mentioned for Wheaton was Kansas. In fact, Kansas is in the conversation for a lot of Dallas prospects. Les Miles is obviously playing a factor, but wide receivers coach Emmitt Jones is a former high school coach from South Oak Cliff, and he’s a made man in the metroplex. I put in a crystal ball pick for the Longhorns to land Wheaton.

—Another prospect taking notice of the Dallas to Austin movement is Kimball cornerback Ishmael Ibraheem. Ibraheem was offered by the Longhorns last week, and he’s been building a relationship with Texas cornerbacks coach Jason Washington. Ibraheem would like to visit Austin soon, and he mentioned that Davis and Ja’Quinden Jackson are friends of his. Ibraheem said that seeing them commit to Texas piqued his interest in joining them.

3 hours ago, victory88 said:

How much earlier could we have offered him...  we offered him his sophomore year. We recruit really well at DB, not worried here.  Kitan Crawford is arguably the best best db in the state this year.  Get him and go all in on Ringo and we’re set.  Still have Watson from 2019 who I think is insanely underrated.  

After episode 2 of Friday Night Tykes.  

Brilliant idea, burn local bridges down when you get lost in the depth chart or homesick and want to transfer closer to home.

14 hours ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

good riddance... 

2 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

I can't think of another school that has to deal with as much bitchassedness from in-state recruits than us. It seems like every cycle now we're hearing about Texas kids with meaningless grudges towards UT. 

That's because we have more in-state FBS schools than anyone else, and OU and LSU who poach Texas regularly. And the dumb-fuck aggies opened the door to the SEC and all the bullshit that brings.

• Like 1

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Texas schools need to quit sleeping on the kids and then expecting them to be loyal to them and stay home.<br>🤔👍🤐 <a href="https://t.co/pocdMSQHmp">https://t.co/pocdMSQHmp</a></p>&mdash; Tree McCutchin Sr. (@MccutchinSr) <a href="https://twitter.com/MccutchinSr/status/1138485065518919680?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 11, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I suck at this

Edited by JerryHubbard

12 minutes ago, JerryHubbard said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Texas schools need to quit sleeping on the kids and then expecting them to be loyal to them and stay home.<br>🤔👍🤐 <a href="https://t.co/pocdMSQHmp">https://t.co/pocdMSQHmp</a></p>&mdash; Tree McCutchin Sr. (@MccutchinSr) <a href="https://twitter.com/MccutchinSr/status/1138485065518919680?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 11, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I suck at this

Just copy the link to the tweet and it should autopopulate

Edited by texifornia

27 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Just copy the link to the tweet and it should autopopulate

Having a tough time deciding if I think the quoted tweet (for tweeting at a recruit) or the response (as the sentiment applies specifically to McCutchin) is dumber... Probably the quoted tweet.

Edited by TommyGufano

7 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Having a tough time deciding if I think the quoted tweet (for tweeting at a recruit) or the response (as the sentiment applies specifically to McCutchin) is dumber... Probably the quoted the tweet.

Point of post was the the little diva acorn doesn’t fall far from the big diva tree.

23 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Having a tough time deciding if I think the quoted tweet (for tweeting at a recruit) or the response (as the sentiment applies specifically to McCutchin) is dumber... Probably the quoted the tweet.

https://247sports.com/Player/Latrell-McCutchin-46055188/

A kid's Dad feels slighted that his son doesn't already have an offer from Texas, but his son still has two more years of high school FB remaining... wtf !!!

By all means, commit to Saban 2yrs ahead of time and his promise that y'all have secured the 💰.

But don't cry when your son gets trapdoored out of Tuscaloosa in 2021 and the bag is never delivered !!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

A kid's Dad feels slighted that his son doesn't already have an offer from Texas, but his son still has two more years of high school FB remaining... wtf !!!

By all means, commit to Saban 2yrs ahead of time and his promise that y'all have secured the 💰.

But don't cry when your son gets trapdoored out of Tuscaloosa in 2021 and the bag is never delivered !!

giphy.gif

He does have a Texas offer. It came 18 days after his Bama offer. Guess it was a big 18 day stretch in their world

Edited by TommyGufano

4 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

He does have a Texas offer. It came 18 days after his Bama offer. Guess it was a big 18 day stretch in their world

18 days bro!! We clearly waited too long offering him during his sophomore year!  lmao

Honestly, I won't blame a kid for picking Bama.  They've been dominant.  Just pick them and say you want to play for them.  But those quotes from the dad and kid are truly idiotic.  Have fun in bum fuck bama around of bunch of racist inbreds.  

• Like 1

I can't think of another school that has to deal with as much bitchassedness from in-state recruits than us. It seems like every cycle now we're hearing about Texas kids with meaningless grudges towards UT. 
The best of all was adrian Peterson. He got to watch VY win a MNC from his couch when 18 months prior he dogged Texas.

By all means, commit to Saban 2yrs ahead of time and his promise that y'all have secured the .
giphy.gif
"I'm proud to say I am the 128th person to be offered in the 2021 class"

10 hours ago, victory88 said:

18 days bro!! We clearly waited too long offering him during his sophomore year!  lmao

Honestly, I won't blame a kid for picking Bama.  They've been dominant.  Just pick them and say you want to play for them.  But those quotes from the dad and kid are truly idiotic.  Have fun in bum fuck bama around of bunch of racist inbreds.  

Pretty much sums it up.  Nobody is sleeping on a kid when said kid is offered as a Soph.  This is more about justifying to the locals why they didn't pick the local school.  No need to manufacture drama when all you have to say is Bama is on a different level right now and that's the decision.  Fair enough and we'll look forward to squaring off against you in a couple years.  Making up a bunch of reasons to not pick the local school is ridiculous.

38 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

Pretty much sums it up.  Nobody is sleeping on a kid when said kid is offered as a Soph.  This is more about justifying to the locals why they didn't pick the local school.  No need to manufacture drama when all you have to say is Bama is on a different level right now and that's the decision.  Fair enough and we'll look forward to squaring off against you in a couple years.  Making up a bunch of reasons to not pick the local school is ridiculous.

Not too mention, Bama will likely cut him before he makes the 2 deep.