Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

13 hours ago, victory88 said:

Some people think he's the best WR prospect in Texas regardless of classification.  Dez Bryant 2.0.  Texas has been on him hard.  I don't know why, but I get Zach Evans vibes from this as far as his recruitment goes... not his character.  We'll be in the lead until the likes of Bama, LSU, aggy, UGA, start bidding for him.  

The comparison I heard this week was Reagor, I did not think he had that type of speed but his build is similar. Stud.

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yeah, North Shore definitely doesn't like us.

Yup... we basically got anyone we wanted from there when Mack was the coach but something has changed. That and I believe he’s adamant on playing with that QB prospect (Davis??... can’t remember his name) and we aren’t showing much interest in him. 

Also doesn’t help that Evans is telling all of them we barely beat Georgia haha.

Edited by victory88

31 minutes ago, MexHorn said:
45 minutes ago, texifornia said:
Yeah, North Shore definitely doesn't like us.

Given the developing rivalry between NS and Duncanville , we were gonna get squeezed outta one or the other, and since Samples is on staff that made the choice easy

Samples in on staff — for now. That could change any time though.

Samples in on staff — for now. That could change any time though.
Imo Samples will get a spot here eventually. A NS pipeline would be really nice but given how much better we recruit in houston than dallas, a Duncanville pipeline is huge imo

4 hours ago, Goodman said:

Beck is a boss. 

Harbor City (Calif) Narbonne quarterback Jake Garcia was the big show on the field today. The 2021 prospect owns offers from nearly every big program in the nation, including Texas. Texas offensive coordinator Tim Beck watched Garcia closely today and took the time to provide several coaching points on his game. Garcia visited Austin last fall for a game, and he would like to get back to Texas.

Speaking of Beck, observing him in a camp setting is enlightening. In just a few hours of observation, it’s clear that Beck knows what he’s talking about when it comes to developing quarterbacks. He’s incredibly detailed in his coaching, and he has a way of delivering feedback in a very blunt way without making it seem harsh. He approaches work at a camp in a very manner. On a field full of coaches, Beck was the alpha when it came to working with the quarterbacks.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

That'd be an excellent way to kick off the class. Seems to be a popular kid in Dallas.

Would be a surprise. Not a QB, not a Brockermeyer brother - but will happily take the commitment nonetheless. Could use a DFW pied piper.