Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

A quick look at the 2021 class that is absolutely stacked.  Six 5 star prospects already.

1.  Tommy Brockermeyer-  I mean... is there any doubt he's going anywhere other than Texas?

2.  Camar Wheaton-  Very good shot at landing him

3.  Preston Stone-  Looks like he's going to end up at Texas.  He's a playmaker and you take a 5 star QB anytime you can.

4.  Savion Byrd-  JQJ is going to put up the longhorn signal

5.  Ja'Tavion Sanders-  How are we looking here... I have no clue

6.  Landon Jackson-  Have a very good shot here.

We'll land at minimum 3 of the 5 stars with solid chance at 5.  I think Quay Davis should be in the 5 star conversation and I think he's going to rise up but man he's got some crazy competition to get in there.  

11 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Ja'Tavion Sanders-  How are we looking here... I have no clue

Comes from a burnt orange house/family.  Just need to stay on him.

Throw Jordon Thomas in this group.  We like him a lot and he likes Texas.  Looks like a stud.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, victory88 said:

A quick look at the 2021 class that is absolutely stacked.  Six 5 star prospects already.

1.  Tommy Brockermeyer-  I mean... is there any doubt he's going anywhere other than Texas?

3.  Preston Stone-  Looks like he's going to end up at Texas.  He's a playmaker and you take a 5 star QB anytime you can.

We'll land at minimum 3 of the 5 stars with solid chance at 5.  I think Quay Davis should be in the 5 star conversation and I think he's going to rise up but man he's got some crazy competition to get in there.  

Not possible, I have been assured multiple times by Perroni that the 2021 aggy class is going to be the best ever.

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

You need to recalibrate your expectations. We are not getting everyone on that list. 

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

How did you get the koolaid and cocaine molecules to bond in a solid form? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

I know it's way too early but I also think 3 of those 6 are possible.

Brockermeyer, Byrd, Sanders, and Stone are best bets and more than likely happen.  

Also, the rankings will change a bunch over the next year so this top 6 will look completely different this time next year.

We need a good chunk of the DL studs for this class with it being deep and lots of high end talent.  Not worried about OL.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

8 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Landon-Jackson-46049327/

IIRC, @closetojumping thought that this recruit was massively overrated and believed that his ranking would adjust accordingly over time.

I thought Landyn Watson is the overrated one?

https://247sports.com/Player/Landyn-Watson-46054944/

11 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Landon-Jackson-46049327/

IIRC, @closetojumping thought that this recruit was massively overrated and believed that his ranking would adjust accordingly over time.

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I thought Landyn Watson is the overrated one?

https://247sports.com/Player/Landyn-Watson-46054944/

I don’t remember having a take on either. Lorando Johnson in 2020, the guy on the take committed to LSU currently, yeah. 

Latrell McCutchin got a CB to Bama yesterday from one of their mods (Hank South) and just posted he’s got news at 7:30 on twitter. 

Reading their board, South had him on commit watch for the weekend and said he wouldn’t be surprised with a decision soon this morning. 

Edited by bEastTexas

35 minutes ago, texifornia said:

We're oddly mediocre in CenTex. Not awful, but it's hardly an impregnable program heartland.

We also lack the thoroughly homer media that permeates other college sports outposts, particularly in Norman and $EC territory.

Edited by cafe society
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bEastTexas said:

Latrell McCutchin got a CB to Bama yesterday from one of their mods (Hank South) and just posted he’s got news at 7:30 on twitter. 

Reading their board, South had him on commit watch for the weekend and said he wouldn’t be surprised with a decision soon this morning. 

Is he the one that has a cousin in the northeast that plays CB? Or was that Latrell Neville?