What is a Trumpkin?

TahoeHorn

What is a Trumpkin?  Who is a Trumpkin?

Are there people who voted for him who aren't?  Are there people who didn't vote for him who are?

For example, which of these are Trumpkins?

- Ted Cruz

- Paul Ryan

- Lindsey Graham

- Susan Collins

- Mitch McConnell

- Rex Tillerson

- Rod Rosenstein

- Jeff Sessions

- H R McMaster

- John Kelly

- George W Bush

Are there any posters who are Trumpkins?

Are US voters who voted for him but give him an "unfavorable" rating Trumpkins?

Edited by TahoeHorn

It's a tribal identity. People who identify with Trump are Trumpkins. People who don't state their identity openly, but nonetheless derail discussions with non-sequiturs aimed at blurring the truth are also Trumpkins.

Doesn't seem too complicated.

If you do a good job with the definition I can ask five different people to use your definition to classify someone (e.g. Lindsey Graham, my Congressman) and they'll all give me the same answer.  If you give a poor definition it will be like a Leftist political word ( e.g. any -ist) which means whatever you want it to mean.

A Trumpkin is someone that thanks Russia for helping Trump defeat evil Hillary.

A Trumpkin is someone that laughs in the face of Trump’s corruption and says haha take that libs!

A Trumpkin is someone that gives zero fucks about anything except making others suffer and keeping his way of life.

A Trumpkin is basically a Russian troll, there’s very little difference.

For example, which of these are Trumpkins?

- Ted Cruz -

- Paul Ryan - 

- Lindsey Graham

- Susan Collins

- Mitch McConnell

- Rex Tillerson

- Rod Rosenstein

- Jeff Sessions

- H R McMaster

- John Kelly

- George W Bush

none of these are Trumpkins, they are hostages of Trumpkins.

24 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

I still have no idea whether you think, say, Lindsey Graham is a Trumpkin.

So? You asked the definition, and then you also asked for an opinion on a laundry list of prominent politicians. I answered the former.

As for the latter, the GOP leadership is obviously playing their cards close to their vest. I got no idea if they are personally aligned with Trump. They're certainly not on message boards making asses of themselves...

If you give a good definition I can use it to decide what is in the set and what isn't.  I have no idea how to use your definition on the people listed.  I am supremely confident that if I asked five people to use your definition to classify people they'd give me different answers.

Try mine: If polled they would say Trump is a good President.  By that definition nobody on my list is a Trumpkin.

Or: Plan to support him in the 2020 primary and general election.

Do either of those work?

22 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

If you give a poor definition it will be like a Leftist political word ( e.g. any -ist) which means whatever you want it to mean.

Oh look, TahoeHorn is comfortable using labels that refer to tribal identities, and allow us to overgeneralize groups of people by parroting intellectually lazy narratives. He must understand how this works. I wonder why he asked this question, then?

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

A Trumpkin is someone that thanks Russia for helping Trump defeat evil Hillary.

A Trumpkin is someone that laughs in the face of Trump’s corruption and says haha take that libs!

A Trumpkin is someone that gives zero fucks about anything except making others suffer and keeping his way of life.

A Trumpkin is basically a Russian troll, there’s very little difference.

Well I go 0 for 4.  I'll guess most everyone I know does.  I'll guess everyone.  By any of those definitions I've never met a Trumpkin although I know some exist.  I'll guess Michael Cohen meets the first two.

your either "for" the corrupt dumbshit, or your "against" him.

We all know which side OP lines up on.  He's worried about some 3rd tier federal judges that he needs to help keep the uppity negroes in their place, so he's gonna slob on the orange knob. 

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

No you don’t. You want to act like a sanctimonious dickhead. 

Maybe so. I don’t see it but I see the world as he sees it. But this comment is curious because there’s sanctimony all over this board, and it is much more pervasive coming from the left. 

13 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I will never understand why this board gives so much grief to Tahoe. 

Because he is a position of influence within the GOP, which none of the rest of us are. If he were to be objective, his is the only opinion on this board that would be immediately obvious to the GOP. Instead, he sees what he wants to see and is willfully ignorant of all else. 

Just now, Rex Kramer said:

Maybe so. I don’t see it but I see the world as he sees it. But this comment is curious because there’s sanctimony all over this board, and it is much more pervasive coming from the left. 

It's much easier to be sanctimonious when one is right.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Pods said:

Because he is a position of influence within the GOP, which none of the rest of us are. If he were to be objective, his is the only opinion on this board that would be immediately obvious to the GOP. Instead, he sees what he wants to see and is willfully ignorant of all else. 

Once again a fucking staple of Shaggy / Surly message boarding. Yet Texas and these boards lean left, and so willful ignorance from left is accepted. And jimmy, you know sanctimony is pervasive here on opinions where there is no clear right or wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Once again a fucking staple of Shaggy / Surly message boarding. Yet Texas and these boards lean left, and so willful ignorance from left is accepted. And jimmy, you know sanctimony is pervasive here on opinions where there is no clear right or wrong. 

And you know that Tahoe takes this to the extreme. He’s a fucking troll. Has been for quite some time

Edited by hobbes2702

4 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Texas leans left?  You're dumber than I thought. 

And I thought you were/are pretty dumb. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

And you know that Tahoe takes this to the extreme. He’s a fucking troll. Has been for quite some time

This place is full of trolls. 

Anyway, I hate Trump. I also think Trumpkin is as juvenile as libtard. Serves no purpose and derails discourse. 

6 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Define "Texas", because if you're talking about the state you're high as balls.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Anyway, I hate Trump. I also think Trumpkin is as juvenile as libtard. Serves no purpose and derails discourse. 

No it really isn’t. In fact there are only a couple at the moment and they are both very concerned and have a lot of questions 

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

Texas leans left?  You're dumber than I thought. 

And I thought you were/are pretty dumb. 

Nope. This board does, just as Texags leans heavily right. To assert otherwise is fortifying your stupidity. 

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Define "Texas", because if you're talking about the state you're high as balls.

UT; I’m sorry I thought that was obvious and clearly it wasn’t. 

UT; I’m sorry I thought that was obvious and clearly it wasn’t. 

OK, I'll buy that UT leans left but "these boards" haven't leaned left until recently, and that's only if we define "left" as "hates Trump".

It's a common "woe is me" perspective amongst message board conservatives, but it doesn't make it right.  Y'all had big numbers on shaggy.  Always did.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

OK, I'll buy that UT leans left but "these boards" haven't leaned left until recently, and that's only if we define "left" as "hates Trump".

It's a common "woe is me" perspective amongst message board conservatives, but it doesn't make it right.  Y'all had big numbers on shaggy.  Always did.

Maybe. I can’t remember the Obama years on Shaggy because I frankly just disappeared from CR. 

I don’t cry “woe is me”. I just see y’all picking on Tahoe a lot, and it never made sense. He’s not a loudmouth like Swam or CLH, yet y’all shout him down vociferously. 

Newsflash for Rex:  Just about any major state university will be "left" of the state in which it's located.  That includes Texas, Cal (Berkeley), Oregon, Washington, Boise fucking State, Florida, Wisconsin, Vermont, etc. 

Aggy aside, of course.  

2 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Maybe. I can’t remember the Obama years on Shaggy because I frankly just disappeared from CR. 

I don’t cry “woe is me”. I just see y’all picking on Tahoe a lot, and it never made sense. He’s not a loudmouth like Swam or CLH, yet y’all shout him down vociferously. 

Dude.  Tan suit. Spicy Mustard.  Feet on furniture.  

Each of these things were an outrage on the old CR board. 

Tahoe is the definition of disingenuous.

I don't think there is any kind of anti-conservative bias around here.  Plenty of conservatives are still posting.  It's the anti-American shit that is such a beating, and Tahoe is pretty much the prime dealer in that currency (but he's just asking questions, along with sheeit and some of their less eloquent fucktards).  

Fuck 'em.  I'm too old to be nice to dipshits who have zero interest in actually engaging in real conversation.

I gotta give you credit, Tahoe. You are the best troll. I’ve been reading your idiotic threads for a long time. You are unflappable. You’ve been insulted so much but you never lose your cool, and you never quit your trolling. And you’ve managed to amass a legion of haters who can’t help it but have to give you shit every time you start a new stupid thread. Well done.

35 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Nope. This board does, just as Texags leans heavily right. To assert otherwise is fortifying your stupidity. 

This board doesn't lean "left", it leans anti-Trump. They are not the same thing. 

• Like 2

Ask someone if they think Mueller’s investigation is a witch hunt and should be ended. 

If they say yes they are a trumpkin or a politician.  The two aren’t mutually exclusive, but it narrows it down.

47 minutes ago, XYZ said:

I gotta give you credit, Tahoe. You are the best troll. I’ve been reading your idiotic threads for a long time. You are unflappable. You’ve been insulted so much but you never lose your cool, and you never quit your trolling. And you’ve managed to amass a legion of haters who can’t help it but have to give you shit every time you start a new stupid thread. Well done.

Every insult instead of a coherent counter-argument makes me cackle.  It's a demonstration of their inability to argue their case.  sometime it's because they don't have the case; sometimes it's because they're too pissed to make the case; sometimes it's posters who just aren't too bright.  And I'm convinced that everybody knows.  They may get cheered, but everybody knows the score.  And I'm chuckling away.

I'd rather they present a compelling counter-argument I hadn't considered.  Or relevant facts I didn't know.  There's no prize or winner.  But I'll take amusement if that's all I can get.

Edited by TahoeHorn

To me a Trumpkin is someone who has surrendered their soul to the Trump cult of personality.  Obvious lies are tolerated for blindly partisan reasons and treated with selective legalism, requiring tiresome word games rather than acknowledging awful wrongs.

What statement requires a counter-argument anyway?  I just see an OP asking questions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rex Kramer said:

This is my view.  I think saying libtard would make me look, as you say, juvenile.  I might get juvenile but if called on it I'd fold instead of doubling down.  This thread was about seeing who was smart enough to fold and who doubled down.

I'm a big tease in life.  I'll rib an Ag friend any chance.  But there's a point where the ribbing can go too far.  I try to avoid being too "juvenile".  And definitely avoid getting angry and stupid.

11 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

how the fuck is there a counter-argument to "What is a Trumpkin?"

The argument I'm making is that the term is, per Rex, "juvenile".  You have an opportunity to show it is a term that has value in intelligent discourse - that the people using it aren't juvenile.  I'm "just asking a question".  But everybody understands the real point: the term is "juvenile", and I'm fucking with the juvenile posters.

Edited by TahoeHorn

Just now, Gil Bang said:

you've got an Ag friend?

hqdefault.jpg

Meanwhile, you're a fucking douchebag.

You avoid getting stupid, according to you, yet you start a "Is UT being RUINED" thread, because they are trying to get more like the evil California school.