28 - 7

Harrison Bergeron

8 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

I still cannot wrap my head around how this team went from up 28-7 vs OU to losing six (likely seven) straight. Unprecedented collapse. That's coaching.

That loss broke these weak minded players. Coaching can't fix the depth of mental weakness on this team. I'm guessing you've never had to motivate someone who's completely broken. I don't know if the coaching staff can get it done here, but this team as a whole has no heart.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

That loss broke these weak minded players. Coaching can't fix the depth of mental weakness on this team. I'm guessing you've never had to motivate someone who's completely broken. I don't know if the coaching staff can get it done here, but this team as a whole has no heart.

It is the job of coaches to get the players’ heads right, to help them get past losses and setbacks, to motivate them to press on and find ways to win in the face of adversity. Yeah it’s really hard to do but that’s why you get paid millions of dollars to do it. 

Just now, Thermos H. Christ said:

It is the job of coaches to get the players’ heads right, to help them get past losses and setbacks, to motivate them to press on and find ways to win in the face of adversity. Yeah it’s really hard to do but that’s why you get paid millions of dollars to do it. 

Very groundbreaking stuff there... Sometimes people are lost causes. Sometimes it takes a lot of time and adversity for a team to come together. Every team has it's own personality and this one has a bunch of quitters as its "leaders".

1 hour ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Very groundbreaking stuff there... Sometimes people are lost causes. Sometimes it takes a lot of time and adversity for a team to come together. Every team has it's own personality and this one has a bunch of quitters as its "leaders".

This is such a chickenshit take tbh

Kids are kids, it's the coaches jobs to motivate them and keep them inflated after things don't go their way. Blaming everything on the players is the coward's way out.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

This is such a chickenshit take tbh

Kids are kids, it's the coaches jobs to motivate them and keep them inflated after things don't go their way. Blaming everything on the players is the coward's way out.

His take is pretty accurate. It's clear you've never been the fix it guy in whatever organization you work for. When you take over a failing organization the first thing you do is come in and identify the problem. There will be four categories of people. Toxic, apathetic wait and see, and try hards. You get rid of the toxic, hire more new people, which are usually more try hards if your evaluation process was good, and this gets the attention of the apathetic wait and see types to shit or get off the pot. In football the first season is eval. Then its time to replace the rot, get some young try hards in here, and hopefully that will turn the apathetic ones.

Last year Baylor went 2-7. This year Baylor is 8-2. I don't know if Sark is the answer but I do know it takes time to change a culture. A

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

I still cannot wrap my head around how this team went from up 28-7 vs OU to losing six (likely seven) straight. Unprecedented collapse. That's coaching.

Nope. Utter lack of talent. Worst I’ve seen since the late 80s. Also a major entitlement issue that didn’t exist before 2000. Outside of Card, all 3 RBs, and Worthy, I would like everyone else to transfer. This is a 6-6 roster at best. Entitlement probably cost us 2 games. 

5 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Nope. Utter lack of talent. Worst I’ve seen since the late 80s. Also a major entitlement issue that didn’t exist before 2000. Outside of Card, all 3 RBs, and Worthy, I would like everyone else to transfer. This is a 6-6 roster at best. Entitlement probably cost us 2 games. 

Why on earth are you worried about hanging on to Card? 
He ain’t fixing anything in this program man. 

24 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Why on earth are you worried about hanging on to Card? 
He ain’t fixing anything in this program man. 

Youth and that’s it. I don’t think he’s fixing it but I don’t know. I know Casey is as worthless as tits on a boar. 

3 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I don’t want to be one of those “we should have kept Herman” posters, but I don’t remember his teams quitting en masse. Maybe that had to do with Sam though and other team leaders who are now gone. 

5 hours ago, Thatguy said:

His take is pretty accurate. It's clear you've never been the fix it guy in whatever organization you work for. When you take over a failing organization the first thing you do is come in and identify the problem. There will be four categories of people. Toxic, apathetic wait and see, and try hards. You get rid of the toxic, hire more new people, which are usually more try hards if your evaluation process was good, and this gets the attention of the apathetic wait and see types to shit or get off the pot. In football the first season is eval. Then its time to replace the rot, get some young try hards in here, and hopefully that will turn the apathetic ones.

Last year Baylor went 2-7. This year Baylor is 8-2. I don't know if Sark is the answer but I do know it takes time to change a culture. A

It was especially difficult after Briles left. Due to the circumstances there were hard lines drawn within the team and Rhule somehow managed to get that shit straightened out. He still managed to lose to Liberty who was FCS at the time but when he left the program it was in good shape for Aranda to build his way. Even then it has still taken him a 2-7 year of shittastic ball in the transition. 

Edited by El Diablo

7 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

We needed to recognize the severity of Casey's thumb injury in that game and change our offensive game plan (heavy run with more RoJo wildcat) and/or get Card in. Either way CT needed to shut it down until he was right.

It all fell apart when our QB lost his ability to reliably throw the ball where he wanted to and teams could completely focus on stuffing Bijan. It really exposed our OL and lack of depth on defense.

Edited by B00M
Card has been the most disappointing player to me this year. His inability to separate from a fucked throwing hand CT is shocking
  • Hook 'Em 3