Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

5 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Official Visitors List so far, per OTF https://ontexasfootball.com/news/updated-june-official-visitors-list-r318/

Reveal hidden contents

June 7-9

Courtland Guillory, DB/S, Houston (Texas) Klein Oak
OnTexasFootball ranking: 3-star
Spring unofficial visits: Texas March 23, Texas A&M April 6

June 10-12

Brandon Brown, DL, Melbourne (Fla.) Eau Gallie
OnTexasFootball ranking: 4-star
Official visit schedule: Tennessee June 7-9, Texas June 10-12, USC June 21-23

June 14-16

Rickey Stewart, RB, Tyler (Texas) Chapel Hill
Spring unofficial visit: Texas April 6

Kelshaun Johnson, WR, Hitchcock (Texas) High
Official visit schedule: Penn State May 31-June 2, Texas Tech June 7-9, Texas June 14-16, USC June 21-23

John Mills, IOL, San Francisco (Calif.) St. Ignatius 

Jonte Newman, OT, Cypress (Texas) Bridgeland

Riley Pettijohn, LB, McKinney (Texas) High
Official visit schedule: Texas June 14-16, USC June 21-23

June 21-23

Marcus Harris, WR, Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei
Note: Will also attend the Texas spring game April 20.

Emaree Winston, TE, Calhoun (Ga.) High #AllGasNoBrakes

Jackson Christian, IOL, Port Niches (Texas) Port Neches-Groves
Official visit schedule: Texas A&M June 14-16, Texas June 21-23

Tyler Thomas, IOL, Dickinson (Texas) High
Spring unofficial visits: LSU March 9, Texas A&M March 30, Texas April 6

Damien Shanklin, EDGE, Indianapolis (In.) Warren Central
Official visit schedule: Notre Dame June 7-9, Tennessee June 14-16, Texas June 21-23

Kade Phillips, DB, Missouri City (Texas) Hightower

Gerry said guys like Lockett, Zion, Fasusi, and Barnes should OV on one of those weekends and the list will grow.

34 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

" hey kid?  Do you want to ask for a transfer from the class you share with your bully, and draw more bad publicity and ire down on our school, athletic program, and our shining example of manhood who doesnt really deserve all this attention for trying to kill you?"  No? You good?  Greeat. 

Ya know?  Maybe a change of scenery is what you really need. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Texas Recruiting Notes 2025:  Now we have the combine record!

And props to Adonai Mitchell, too! (Official - 4.34) (Second fastest WR, at the time ... ).

That's awesome - I wish I would have seen more of that speed against Washington.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Bevo said:

That's awesome - I wish I would have seen more of that speed against Washington.

Pretty sure he was battling an injury during the game.

Edited by Sabalo
  • Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

He was but Surly has to complain about something.

Well yeah. I would have much preferred watching them play against Michigan than Green Bay or Detroit.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I don't see it happening, but apparently the Tennessee mods are saying we are a legit threat to land this guy.

Yeah, this is a weird one ... heard very little from our own mods.

- He's visited a couple of times (including for the K State game)

- Here's what Fong had in the article w/ his commitment date. (Edit:  This was Utley's quote on Texas.)

image.thumb.png.d4e3cb8540603308288953ba874d5fa3.png

- And this is the note from Tennessee 247

image.thumb.png.7ce7e3c1eeca7bc4229ce1268e594a2c.png

But there's so little buzz from the regular suspects on our side ... 🤷‍♂️  🤷‍♂️  🤷‍♂️ .

Edited by Getafix
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Getafix said:

- Here's what Fong had in the article w/ his commitment date. (Edit:  This was Utley's quote on Texas.)

But there's so little buzz from the regular suspects on our side ... 🤷‍♂️  🤷‍♂️  🤷‍♂️ .

Stacking mcdonalds bags

12 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I don't see it happening, but apparently the Tennessee mods are saying we are a legit threat to land this guy.

https://www.on3.com/db/ethan-utley-147198/

Screenshot_20240302_195119_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240302_195149_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240302_195208_Chrome.jpg

10 hours ago, Getafix said:

Bo Davis was the main player in that effort before he left. Texas went some time between Davis leaving and talking to the guy, assuming they’ve talked to him lately. My view is that the guy may like the idea of Texas, but his camp is using that interest to make sure they have what they want from Tennessee. I’ll be shocked if Tennessee isn’t the choice, but, hey, we’re almost 4 weeks out and this is recruiting. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

My view is that the guy may like the idea of Texas, but his camp is using that interest to make sure they have what they want 

I'm assuming this going to be the case as long as NIL exists and Texas is even halfway decent...

Edited by NoName

Posted (edited)

What good is a machine gun if you don't fire it on occasion? I'm not sure this guy is the one, and a big time transfer is more important, but our new coach needs some gravitas and we need some DL.

With that said, I'm pretty sure ctj is correct. This is agents trying to drive up the price.

Edited by Bevo

24 minutes ago, Bevo said:

What good is a machine gun if you don't fire it on occasion? I'm not sure this guy is the one, and a big time transfer is more important, but our new coach needs some gravitas and we need some DL.

With that said, I'm pretty sure ctj is correct. This is agents trying to drive up the price.

You sound like an idiot in the first part of your post. The program and the NIL machine have taken down big target after big target in both recruiting and the portal for the last 2+ years. This guy would have zero bearing on NIL for the 2024 season and the DL position to boot. Christ. 

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Do Simmons and Wingo no longer exist? That shit absolutely gets fired and has a bunch over the last 2 years.

What about the money that was put up to keep guys in the program?

Come on dude 

16 hours ago, Getafix said:

Texas Recruiting Notes 2025:  Now we have the combine record!

And props to Adonai Mitchell, too! (Official - 4.34) (Second fastest WR, at the time ... ).

CTJ could give Worthy a three  Mississippi count and still beat him by three yards, all while doing it backpedaling. 

CHIEF

WAT?

NOT CHIEF
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You sound like an idiot in the first part of your post. The program and the NIL machine have taken down big target after big target in both recruiting and the portal for the last 2+ years. This guy would have zero bearing on NIL for the 2024 season and the DL position to boot. Christ. 

What I'm saying is that Baker signing someone early (preferably a big time transfer) will go a long way towards his success here.

Has OnTexasFootball pretty much killed this thread's traffic?

Eric Nahlin: Sunday afternoon Texas recruiting intel after attending 7 on 7 and training session

Inside Texas spent much of Saturday and Sunday between a 7 on 7 in The Woodlands and a training session at Shadow Creek to see some younger receivers. Between the two events I had the chance to converse with a number of recruits, their family members (including two former NFL players), and teammates of Texas targets. Throw in a couple of quality trainers as well.

CB Coby Sellers, DB Kade Phillips, TE Kiotti Armstrong

A teammate of four-star Sellers was confident the Shadow Creek cornerback will ultimately select Oklahoma. There’s been confidence on the Oklahoma side since his unofficial visit in January. An early theme of this cycle is OU’s aggressiveness. That staff is doing a good job connecting with recruits. A teammate of On3 Top 100 defensive back Phillips feels like Texas is the team to beat. “That’s the one he was waiting for. His dad likes Texas, too.”

Having talked to Phillips recently I could certainly see Texas winning out. A teammate of Jasper’s stud tight end mentioned A&M or Texas for Armstrong. I told him if I had to guess I’d have A&M, he said either A&M or UT and that he’ll likely stay in state. LSU and USC are also pushing. USC is another team we’re hearing a fair amount this cycle despite the Trojans’ struggles in 2023.

Andrew Marsh is a bellwether

The Katy Jordan receiver comes across as wide open. On two separate occasions when listing schools he mentioned OU first. He mentioned Texas frequently as well. We keep hearing about A&M having a good chance but when he talks to media they’re usually down the list. A number of instate recruits are watching what Marsh will do this cycle. They seem to think if he goes elsewhere Texas could step up their recruitment of them. That written, Marsh seems nowhere close to making a decision.

Marcus Harris impressed onlookers

Texas was the first team the Mater Dei receiver mentioned and the first coach he mentioned was Tashard Choice. He also mentioned Jeff Banks and of course Chris Jackson and Steve Sarkisian. Both Choice and Banks have spent plenty of time at Mater Die while recruiting 2025 running back Jordon Davison and 2023 Texas signee Spencer Shannon.

Harris’ recruitment feels like a Texas vs Oregon battle and we still like Texas’ chances. I did not see him play but Harris impressed a person I trust with his close-area explosiveness and his size. “More filled out than I was expecting.”

Christopher Stewart remains a name to know

2026 Shadow Creek receiver Chris Stewart is expecting to hear more from Texas in the coming weeks. Despite UT being his first offer things have been quiet of late. He’ll visit Oklahoma on March 9 and then A&M later in March or early April. He’ll probably see Baylor, too. He’s a sub 11-second 100 meter sprinter as a sophomore with really good play-speed and ball skills. He has a ton of offers including OU, Alabama, and Ole Miss. I’m not the biggest fan of 7 on 7 but it’s always interesting when guys come down with passes like this game winner.

Texas’ wide receivers really caught his attention the day before with their performance at the NFL combine. We talked for a few minutes about Xavier Worthy and Adonai Mitchell.

2026 WR Mike Brown

Mike Brown is the son of former A&M linebacker Reggie Brown who was famously injured while playing for the Detroit Lions. He has a lot of offers already but Texas is the offer Mike wants. I heard that from his trainer, Deche Milburn, and I also heard it from both of his parents. His dad said he could see Mike being the black sheep “sort of like me being from Austin and going to A&M.”

Brown attends Legacy School of Sports Sciences in Spring so he’s not playing great competition. Camps will be big for him and he intends on camping at Texas to see if he can earn an offer. Currently he holds Oregon, A&M, Penn State, OU, and a lot more. I told Reggie I sensed some 2026 athletes were getting antsy when it comes to Texas and offers. His response, “When you make the playoffs you can be patient.”

Finally

A good contact put me on the phone with Jonah Williams briefly. The five-star athlete says he will visit Texas this Spring but he’s not sure when. He wants to see a practice. Texas baseball will need to become involved for Texas to have any sort of shot of making up ground on OU.

(Justin Wells) Recruiting Notebook: Detailed evaulation for Alvin (Texas) Shadow Creek WR Jacorey Watson

Inside Texas takes a closer look at the fit and evaluation for Alvin (Texas) Shadow Creek wide receiver Jacorey Watson in this edition of the Recruiting Notebook.

Hudl/highlights

How he fits at Texas:

Watson is a water bug quick athlete who played a fair bit of quarterback last year for Shadow Creek but will now move to wide receiver, his eventual destination at college. Watson is a slot all the way, a bit shorter at 5-foot-10, and not currently very stout although that could come with time. He’s blazing quick and agile and would be a major weapon running crossers and screens in the RPO game but his ability to work deep from an outside receiver alignment is harder to gauge right now. His functional, on-speed athleticism is obvious and he’s very dangerous with the ball in his hands. – Ian Boyd

Coach Says:

Strengths — Looks like he could fill out into a stocky frame (e.g., Devin Duvernay). Straight line speed flashes his track speed (~11.5s 100m).  Balanced out of his stance and threatens the leverage consistently and quickly. Great agility with cuts that are sharp. Can decelerate and accelerate quickly. Has split time between QB and WR in his high school career. He fights through contact in the red zone and looks to focuses well under tight coverage. Appropriate catch motion that is so natural he does not give the defender a key that the ball is arriving. QB film shows very good vision as he maneuvers through blocking. Has a really nice KOR highlight.

Areas for Improvement/Concern — Route tree on film is limited (stick, bubble, post). Run blocking and ability to beat the press are unclear.

How this affects Texas:

In what looks like an obvious three wide receiver class, with potentially four, the Horns might be recruiting the Sharks athletic phenom the hardest. Texas has its eyes on pass-catchers from around the country, including Dakorien Moore, Marcus Harris, Andrew Marsh, and Jaime Ffrench. But they would love to add an athlete like Watson, who played quarterback for Shadow Creek last season. Now he’s back to receiver and working towards a big senior campaign. And Texas is watching. – Justin Wells

According to the On3 Industry Ranking, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies, Watson ranks as the No. 87 overall prospect in the country and No. 14 wide receiver in the nation. On3 has him as the No. 59 overall prospect and No. 11 wideout nationally.

Joe Cook: 2025 WR Andrew Marsh talks recruitment, relationship with Texas, timeline

2025 Katy (Texas) Jordan wide receiver Andrew Marsh has a number of options at this point, as indicated when he explained to Inside Texas who some of his most consistent suitors have been. “Recruiting has been good so far,” Marsh said. “It’s starting to pick up a lot. Some of the leaders have been Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Michigan, Kentucky, Nebraska, Louisville, Florida, Miami, Alabama, A&M, and TCU.”

Those are some of the best football programs in the country, but he’s built a relationship in recent months with Steve Sarkisian and Chris Jackson of Texas. “For sure Coach Jackson and Coach Sark,” Marsh said about who he keeps up with most in Austin. “I talk to them quite a bit. I’ve started talking with Coach Sark once a week and I talk to Coach Jackson probably multiple times a week. The relationship with those guys is really good, really strong. I’m really just building on it daily.”

Marsh said he’s built good relationships with all of his top contenders, but his bond with Texas A&M had a bit of a reset when Jimbo Fisher was fired. He’s since started to communicate with Mike Elko and Holman Wiggins. “I get to know them better daily,” Marsh said. Marsh had a sister who attended Texas A&M, and so familiarity with the Aggies and Longhorns is going to have an increased effect on this pursuit. “The Texas schools, staying in state, is kind of big for me,” Marsh said.

Marsh was asked if he has his official visits scheduled. None have been confirmed according to the four-star receiver, but he has an idea of where he wants to see. “I know I’ll be taking some to places like Oklahoma, A&M, USC, TCU, Texas, Michigan,” he said. Marsh explained how he’ll start winnowing his schools down soon. “Definitely want to start narrowing it down,” Marsh said. “I’m looking closer towards making a decision around Veteran’s Day, around that time.”

Marsh is ranked as the No. 53 overall prospect, the No. 7 wide receiver, and the No. 12 prospect in Texas according to the On3 Industry Ranking, a proprietary algorithm that compiles ratings and rankings from all four primary recruiting media services. On3 ranks Marsh as the No. 223 overall prospect, the No. 28 wide receiver, and the No. 37 prospect in Texas.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Has OnTexasFootball pretty much killed this thread's traffic?

Eric Nahlin: Sunday afternoon Texas recruiting intel after attending 7 on 7 and training session

(Justin Wells) Recruiting Notebook: Detailed evaulation for Alvin (Texas) Shadow Creek WR Jacorey Watson

Joe Cook: 2025 WR Andrew Marsh talks recruitment, relationship with Texas, timeline

I personally just hate the bullshit fluff interview articles which it feels like 90% of the current January-present content has been and thus I don't post the 247 ones because I assume that's a majority opinion. We all know they mean nothing but if people want them it's pretty much no effort to copy/paste it for others so happy to do so.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Teryor said:

I personally just hate the bullshit fluff interview articles which it feels like 90% of the current January-present content has been and thus I don't post the 247 ones because I assume that's a majority opinion. We all know they mean nothing but if people want them it's pretty much no effort to copy/paste it for others so happy to do so.

Just do it. It is better than posting pics of chicken fried steaks.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Gerry thinks this is a TX/OU battle.

As the system is currently, our success is going to be predicated on the ability of the GM. Lots of money wars in Texas and the South. Allocating the money to build a complete roster is going to be tricky. I don't think it will be possible to stack rosters to the level of Alabama or Georgia anymore. Although, I've got to say Georgia and tOSU haven't dropped off yet.

The OU update on Fasusi, Haywood and Rogers.  

image.thumb.png.cc368d7a4df950ecb468cca6fe73a763.png

(Full OU OL update.)

Collin's Corner: 'Resetting' the 2025 board for Oklahoma (Offensive line)

Collin Kennedy (OU 247)
Feb 29th, 11:00 AM

Spoiler

Collin's Corner: 'Resetting' the 2025 board for Oklahoma (Offensive line)

Collin Kennedy
Feb 29th, 11:00 AM

Soon the dead period will be over. This means the world of recruiting in college football will step back into the spotlight in a major way.

Recruits will be able to take visits, interact with coaches and explore the process further during this time. They'll also be around spring practices, spring games or visit event weekends hosted by schools.

With this time of recruiting getting closer, where do things stand with Oklahoma and the 2025 class? Who should be on the radar going into the spring?

Here on Sooners Illustrated, we're running down each position group and sharing updates on what the pending stretch might look like. To start the series, we take a look at the Sooners and the offensive line in the '25 cycle:

SPOTS:

As you may guess, Oklahoma has aimed to take another five-man class along the offensive line for the 2025 cycle. But could the Sooners push it to six if absolutely necessary? It might work, and emphasis on 'might', but that's if it truly becomes a discussion that has to happen.

COMMITS:

Oklahoma has two current pledges along the offensive front. Owen Hollenbeck was the first to join the group, OU being one of his first few offers plus the primary center target for the Sooners in the cycle. He's joined by Ryan Fodje, the most recent addition who committed to OU during one of the final visit events prior to the dead period. Two quality gets, Fodje specifically is one who could see a sizable rankings jump over time.

NAMES:

It all starts with the 'Big Three' in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. Michael Fasusi, Ty Haywood and Lamont Rogers were all recruits OU started to pursue even before several other big-name programs were involved.

But these have always been a trio of recruitments that were going to be a battle for anyone who decided to enter the mix. Oklahoma's standing within it all will take another crucial step during the spring.

Latest intel might indicate Haywood is the most likely land of the three as things stand today. Oklahoma has been consistent with Haywood and things have clicked between the two parties, but Alabama and LSU are starting to become more involved.

Fasusi has had Texas surge in his recruitment as the Longhorns have essentially gone all-in on this one out of that group of three mentioned. Oklahoma remains up there for the elite tackle from Lewisville, Texas and worth noting Missouri has hit the gas with Fasusi's recruitment as of late.

Rogers has long had Oklahoma towards the top if not his leader at times. But big-name programs have seemingly created a rotating door for the four-star tackle. Texas A&M is making a serious push towards the top of this recruitment and this is another to watch in regards to Missouri as the Tigers have become a serious player here, too.

Oklahoma fans may not be overly familiar with Austin Pay, but he's one to learn a lot more about. A prospect once easily assumed to be ending up at BYU, he's made it largely known that OU is one of a few programs he's taking a serious look at.

Jordan Coleman and Devin Coleman, the twin brothers at Cedar Hill High School, are a pair that have been circled by Oklahoma. The Sooners and Texas Longhorns might be doing battle for the brothers going into the spring with Texas seemingly holding an advantage.

Connor Carty at Prosper High School has caught the eyes of Bill Bedenbaugh for quite awhile. The Sooners figure to play a role in his recruitment alongside schools like, Texas A&M, Penn State and Texas, among others.

Also worth mentioning a recruit currently without an OU offer, Antoni Ogumoro, is a name to file away. An in-state prospect, he might be one Oklahoma decides to offer somewhere down the line.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/3/2024 at 7:58 AM, closetojumping said:

Bo Davis was the main player in that effort before he left. Texas went some time between Davis leaving and talking to the guy, assuming they’ve talked to him lately. My view is that the guy may like the idea of Texas, but his camp is using that interest to make sure they have what they want from Tennessee. I’ll be shocked if Tennessee isn’t the choice, but, hey, we’re almost 4 weeks out and this is recruiting. 

So it's coming out this morning that he's going to OV to Texas the last week of June and Tennessee the week before.  Still committing later this month with no visits prior to commit date.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/1/2024 at 9:32 AM, Park Gothic said:

https://247sports.com/player/nick-townsend-46138509/

High 4* with good size and a solid offer list. Very gruntling. 

It's strange to see Alabama on a player's list of offers and not feel like it's an uphill battle.

image.png.89b4201b06c2052537667b617577735b.png

It always felt like everybody had to wait to see which stars Alabama chose and then fight over what was left.

Neither here nor there. Just evidence of a new era.

(Justin Wells) Inside Scoop: Five-star visitor and update, top targets latest schedule, and commit taking UOV

Inside Texas has the latest on a top OL target setting his official visit, another LB offer that’ll see Austin soon, a member of UT’s Class of 2025 visiting a rival, and a five-star receiver that needs to hit Austin in Monday’s Inside Scoop.

Michael Fasusi, OL, Lewisville (Texas)

While Fasusi has a busy Spring, the On3 Industry Ranking’s No. 11 prospect has locked in his official visit to Austin. The 6-foot-5, 300-pound five-star and top offensive tackle target told Inside Texas he will take his OV to Texas on June 21-23. This is his only scheduled official trip at this time, but IT wouldn’t be surprised to see Oklahoma, LSU, Missouri, and Texas A&M get official visits as well.

Fasusi will visit LSU on March 20 and then head back to Texas A&M March 30. He also has trips scheduled back to Texas on April 9, Oregon on April 17-18, Oklahoma on April 25 and then Colorado on April 27-28 for the first time.

Elijah Barnes, LB, Dallas (Texas) Skyline

Barnes just dropped his top 10: The 6-foot-3, 225 pounder is down to LSU, Alabama, Texas, Ohio State, Oregon, Florida State, Nebraska, SMU, Texas A&M, and USC. Now he has a visit schedule. He’ll hit LSU on March 9, Ohio State on March 23, Alabama on March 30, Texas on April 6, Texas A&M on April 13, and Oregon on April 20 over the next two months.

After that, he has his first official visit to Nebraska scheduled for April 26-28. Texas continues to look strong in this recruitment, as Barnes continues to build his relationship with Johnny Nansen and the Texas staff.

Anthony Williams, EDGE/LB, Alvin (Texas) Shadow Creek – #AllGasNoBrakes

The 6-foot-4, 185-pound three-star is happy with his commitment to Texas. But he also wants to enjoy the process and he’ll take an unofficial visit to Texas A&M on March 30th, he tells IT. Williams jumped into the class on January 1 and has been recruiting for the Horns ever since, including pitching his Shadow Creek teammates Cobey Sellers, Jacorey Watson, and Chris Stewart on donning burnt orange. Williams still hears from Texas A&M, TCU, and Baylor, but assured Inside Texas he’s locked into his Texas pledge.

Jaime Ffrench, WR, Jacksonville (Fla.) Mandarin

Texas needs a huge visit with the Florida native Ffrench. The On3 Industry Ranking’s No. 25 player in the country will visit Texas on April 6th. Though Ffrench is excited about the visit, Texas is playing from behind against a handful of others and will need to have a 10/10 visit to wiggle its way into genuine contention. Sark’s history with receivers, including very recent history at Texas, certainly helps. As does having K.J. Lacey in the Texas class.

Standout schools or leaders right now: “Definitely say Florida State, LSU, Ohio State, Tennessee as well, and Miami. Those schools.” What is it about those schools? “Really just the bond. A lot of those schools offered me when I was young, it’s not just the change in coaching staff (at Alabama), the head coach (Nick Saban). They still knew me when I was a freshman camping, sophomore camping, building that relationship with me and letting me know what it is.”

What’s he looking forward to on his Texas visit? “Really just the atmosphere. I heard everything is big in Texas. Just want to check it out. First time on campus, I’m looking forward to it, man.” [There was genuine enthusiasm in his voice about the Texas visit] Ffrench was a the best receiver on the field this weekend in The Woodlands. Others who impressed were Marcus Harris and Andrew Marsh.

Marcus Harris, WR, Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei

One out-of-state receiver name very familiar to Inside Texas is Marcus Harris from Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei. IT has viewed Harris as a Texas lean, and that’s still the case, however his public comments wouldn’t necessarily give you that feeling. Here’s the latest from the On3 Industry Ranking’s No. 137 player in the country. How has the process been so far?

“It’s been going good, getting down to the nitty gritty, taking unofficials, things like that. I’ve been talking to teams like Texas, Oregon, Tennessee, Bama, Penn State, Ole Miss, a lot of schools at the moment. Relationship like with Texas? “It’s good, the coaches always come down to my school to see me: (Tashard) Choice, (Jeff) Banks, (Chris) Jackson, Coach Sark. They all come down, that’s the family right there.”

Status of official visits? “I’m in the process (of setting up officials) but I have two set up. I have Oregon and Texas set up. I think Texas is the last week in June and then the 14th is for Oregon.” [Note: Harris’ official will be June 21-23, the last week of June is in the dead period.] Thoughts on the Ducks: “Oregon, I’ve been talking to them for a while ever since my sophomore year. They always check in with me and make sure things are good. That’s just a good coaching staff over there for sure.”

Any teams standing out at this point? “Really four teams stand out to me right now: Tennessee, Oregon, Bama, and Texas.” Harris doesn’t have a set timeline for a decision states it’ll probably be before the season.

Eric Nahlin co-authored this article.

• Hook 'Em 2