Really tremendous obituary

NWBuck

About halfway thru, I thought to myself, "This reads like a David Sedaris short story."  Then I get to the end, it's written by her gay, somewhat-estranged, middle-aged son from North Carolina (exactly Sedaris' bio).  Proving once again, we are living in a simulation, Rosie got out of it, and she is laughing at the rest of us.  What a ride and a beautiful summation of it.  I love that claims to have invented "Sunoco Gas"  Thanks for posting.   

I wish I could be there when one of the Larry King children reads it and thinks, "Brother?"  

Edited by Lobo

"For those interested in a “very disrespectful and totally non-denominational memorial,” Corren and his siblings are planning a party at B&B Lanes in Fayetteville on May 10, 2022. “Bowling parties were a feature of our life growing up,” he said. “My mom worked at the bowling alley and that is exactly how we’re going to send her off on her birthday.” 

Surly road trip to NC?

• Hook 'Em 1

The author/son was on CNN yesterday and has been making the media rounds.  It's nice when shit goes "viral" and the originator had absolutely zero intention of it.  He is just a son with a very complicated relationship with his deceased mother, oftentimes no relationship.  The obituary was his way of pouring out how he felt, but also celebrating her quirks and lifestyle.  In the end, it brought him peace and solemnity; and more than once that week---he cried himself to sleep laughing and weeping.  Maybe he knew her too well, maybe he yearned to know her more, maybe he never knew her at all.  Could be a screenplay in there somewhere.

I promise there will be a line of 500 cars full of strangers outside that bowling alley in Fayetteville. It will look like the fadeout scene in "Field of Dreams."  For it's bowling balls they have, and peace they lack.  

Edited by Lobo

Throw in a string of failed businesses and legal actions, and you got yourself an ideal candidate Brotha Sack. 

I mean sorry, you literally typed out the exact same list as the other person.  

Edited by Lobo