Denver spree killing takes biizaro turn…

SurlyGator

https://news.google.com/stories/CAAqNggKIjBDQklTSGpvSmMzUnZjbmt0TXpZd1NoRUtEd2kzaTRYTUJCRjd4RnlZdlZIb2ppZ0FQAQ

Surprised this isn’t in here yet.  Due goes off and kills several, wounds a few more in several locations.  Random nut job, welcome to America.  This morning, a news report comes out saying he knew several of the victims, so not so random.  This afternoon, a report says he published a ‘book’ describing doing this spree and names himself as the shooter in the book and names at least two of the victims.

Whiskey.

Tango.

Foxtrot.

Dude wrote about the ‘repression of repruditive violence.’  I guess he no longer feels repressed.  Psychologically speaking, if he was walking around with that much anger bottled up inside, he was likely euphoric during that rampage.  Sobering.  I’ll drink to counteract that.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.newsweek.com/denver-shooter-lyndon-mcleod-guns-misogyny-social-media-1663930

Wow.  Yeah, you would think the ‘novel’ that used his name for the killer would have set off alarm bells for someone.  Local PD released a statement saying he had been ‘on their radar.’  Expect some serious scrutiny over what they knew and what they did and didn’t do as a result.

17 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Is this the guy that was talking about "super masculinity" or some such?

Eliminated by...wait for it...

a female.    FAFO.  Lady cop took him out, even though he shot her too.  She is expected to recover.

Edited by slorch

10 minutes ago, SurlyGator said:

https://www.newsweek.com/denver-shooter-lyndon-mcleod-guns-misogyny-social-media-1663930

Wow.  Yeah, you would think the ‘novel’ that used his name for the killer would have set off alarm bells for someone.  Local PD released a statement saying he had been ‘on their radar.’  Expect some serious scrutiny over what they knew and what they did and didn’t do as a result.

I’ll have you know that the Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior restraint

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’ll have you know that the Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior restraint

This situation is interesting, though, because the perp's "fictional" novel included the specific names of two of the actual victims, plus the actual names of other targets.  

Shades of Catherine Tramell . . .

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/12/29/denver-shooting-motive-investigation/9043823002/

Was his last name McLeod?  

I am honestly confused as to the line in 2021 between what you post/write/push out into the web...when it can be used against you in a crime (premeditation/hate crime/etc.) and when it cannot be used against you.  

Time was they found some vague manifest written in blood and semen under your bed that used biblical allegory to describe what one may want to do to somebody to exact revenge...and that was total fair game by profilers, court psychologists, expert testimony, etc.  Now you can publish posts to facebook holding the description of the kinds of people you want to go and shoot, then you can go and shoot them, and then the justice system just shrugs and says, "Nah, you can't admit that shit...it's totally unrelated."  

On 12/30/2021 at 1:44 PM, Brisketexan said:

Whatever you say, "Bill Nichols"....

Nah, my shit is not that erotic.   Well, I had a series of novels about an ex-Army MP that went around giving reach-arounds to those in need, and then some asshole stole the idea, changed the last name of the character to "Reacher" instead of "Reacharound" and changed what he does (helping people out in need, but who don't need reach-arounds) and after a couple of movies, now it's an Amazon series.  We'll see how the lawsuit goes.

• Haha 2