Op-ED by Turd Blossom

Gil Bang

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Ummmmm.....we're GOING to be a one-party nation.  It's not going to be the party you want it to be.  The Party will deem allegiance to any opposition disloyalty to the state, and will treat it accordingly.

That's how fascism works.

I know how you look at things and have a very pessimistic view of our future.  It is difficult not to.  But I do have more faith in the soul of this nation than you.  Honestly, the best possible scenario that this country would benefit from is for Trump to drop dead of a heart attack tomorrow.  Well, today would be better, but tomorrow will work.  It will be easier for current Rs to very softly denounce shit if they know his immediate backlash wouldn't be forthcoming.  No one is stepping into his bizarro void.  Someone will emerge, but not carry his extremism

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Sbbruin said:

Honestly, the best possible scenario that this country would benefit from is for Trump to drop dead of a heart attack tomorrow.  Well, today would be better, but tomorrow will work.  It will be easier for current Rs to very softly denounce shit if they know his immediate backlash wouldn't be forthcoming.  No one is stepping into his bizarro void.  Someone will emerge, but not carry his extremism

This.  It's not just the "best possible" scenario.  It's the only scenario that gives us ANY chance of a remotely good outcome.  Bottom line, as long as Trump is alive to be a cult leader, the cult presents an existential threat to the US.  Never in my lifetime has the world been in a position where the death of one person would improve it so much.  Trump choking on a Big Mac would be the most helpful event to humanity since the advent of clean water and sewer systems, and for much the same reason: getting the shit away from us so it doesn't kill us.

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But [spoiler alert]......that's not going to happen.  No matter how many Roves come out and say "attacking our country is bad."  It's too late.  The die is cast.  There is no going back.

The GQP cannot ever be converted.  It can only win, or be defeated.

Several years ago I thought your posts were the ravings of a lunatic. Then Trump happened. Then all of the things under Trump happened. Then the election crap happened. I no longer take anything you post as being crazy. I hope you aren’t Nostradamus. But…when the bully rules the playground it takes the combined efforts of many to expose that bully for the giant pussy that he is and to take back control of the playground. It would be to everyone’s benefit to see others wrestle control of the Republican Party away from the Trump morons. 

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Several years ago I thought your posts were the ravings of a lunatic. Then Trump happened. Then all of the things under Trump happened. Then the election crap happened. I no longer take anything you post as being crazy. I hope you aren’t Nostradamus. But…when the bully rules the playground it takes the combined efforts of many to expose that bully for the giant pussy that he is and to take back control of the playground. It would be to everyone’s benefit to see others wrestle control of the Republican Party away from the Trump morons. 

Brisket didn't rave until Trump.  Not much, anyway.  And more than Trump, the debasement of the GOP at his hobbit-like feet.

Oddly enough, the rule of law has mostly come through in the last few years.  The courts have been holding cops accountable, they swiftly disposed of the election bullshit, and are slowly but surely holding the election liars accountable.  And the insurrectionists.  That's the one place where Brisket's doomsaying has "fallen short."

As far as the personalities and behaviors, Brisket has been pretty solidly correct.  We differ in that I maintain a bit more faith in the rule of law.

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  It's not just the "best possible" scenario.  It's the only scenario that gives us ANY chance of a remotely good outcome.  Bottom line, as long as Trump is alive to be a cult leader, the cult presents an existential threat to the US.  Never in my lifetime has the world been in a position where the death of one person would improve it so much.  Trump choking on a Big Mac would be the most helpful event to humanity since the advent of clean water and sewer systems, and for much the same reason: getting the shit away from us so it doesn't kill us.

We need our version of this guy, only more successful in his attempt.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I know how you look at things and have a very pessimistic view of our future.  It is difficult not to.  But I do have more faith in the soul of this nation than you.  Honestly, the best possible scenario that this country would benefit from is for Trump to drop dead of a heart attack tomorrow.  Well, today would be better, but tomorrow will work.  It will be easier for current Rs to very softly denounce shit if they know his immediate backlash wouldn't be forthcoming.  No one is stepping into his bizarro void.  Someone will emerge, but not carry his extremism

How the fuck is he still alive?  Dude does not exercise, eats fast food constantly, and is fatter than I am.  That's a bad combo and yet he persists...

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:

How the fuck is he still alive?  Dude does not exercise, eats fast food constantly, and is fatter than I am.  That's a bad combo and yet he persists...

Because this is the timeline we deserve.  He's going to live to be 105.  Because why the fuck wouldn't he?

21 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Brisket didn't rave until Trump.  Not much, anyway.  And more than Trump, the debasement of the GOP at his hobbit-like feet.

Oddly enough, the rule of law has mostly come through in the last few years.  The courts have been holding cops accountable, they swiftly disposed of the election bullshit, and are slowly but surely holding the election liars accountable.  And the insurrectionists.  That's the one place where Brisket's doomsaying has "fallen short."

As far as the personalities and behaviors, Brisket has been pretty solidly correct.  We differ in that I maintain a bit more faith in the rule of law.

Yet there's good reason to believe a majority of SCOTUS justices will be happy to ratify a stolen election so long as it's stolen the right way. Because multiple justices have spoken favorably of the completely bullshit independent state legislature "doctrine" and because so many of them personally worked to steal an election the right way in 2000.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

If Trump is alive to run in 2024, he runs and wins.  I'm making that prediction right now.

You think he is a lot braver than he actually is.   I'm not talking about him being cowardly and using daddy's money to dodge the draft.

I'm talking about the fear of what another loss will do to his brand, because his brand is him.  It damaged him to lose, and it'll damage him far more to lose twice.  All of his bankruptcies and lost lawsuits, most of that didn't happen to him personally - no, in his mind, those were just companies that didn't work out - management or markets that failed, etc., you know, not his fault.

I'm also talking about the fear that he has that the Republicans won't have his back again after they let him down in 2020 (in his mind, they deserted him).

He can push the Big Lie with 2020, but he also knows all of the Trump appointed judges didn't help him in the numerous lawsuits he lost, and Republican states didn't pull through for him, and Giuliani and Powell and Wood and all of these other people out there cheering him on and filing lawsuits and giving talks, none of them actually helped him.

If he runs again, what's to stop those same Republican judges (plus Biden's appointees) and those same states from abandoning him a second second?

Trump is insecure as all get out, something that you have mentioned before.

And what then?  Losing a second time, that's a huge blow to a narcissist. 

Hell, it stung him to lose the popular vote to Hillary.  Really stung.  He claimed fraud, but if you listened, he told you that he knew he lost legitimately and that  it hurt to lose to Hillary by millions.  It was a trigger for him all the way up through last year.

It's been over a hundred years since a President lost reelection and then ran and won again, and there's a reason for that.  Grover Cleveland provided the best template we have for somebody who lost reelection and then won again later on. He conceded graciously, worked with the incoming President (even held the umbrella over his head during a rainy inauguration), he went out and talked about public issues, worked on various policies, even argued a case in front of the Supreme Court, and just worked on enlarging his base and reaching out to more people.

Trump is not doing anything that's in Grover's playbook.  In fact, his base is shrinking thanks to old age, with some helpful assists from the 'beetus, and COVID.  He's not doing things for the public good and making moderates take another look at him, he's not growing his base.  He's clearly pushing what's best for Trump - fundraising and rallies to boost his ego.

• Hook 'Em 1

If Trump were to run again, I think he'd have done two things:

1. Show up in D.C. today.  His base thinks that Jan. 6, 2021, was a victory of some kind, pyrrhic or not, but it was some kind of victory in their eyes.  A few thousand people fought for him, literally and figuratively in D.C., and they sacrificed freedom, a couple of lives in some cases, their jobs, etc.

2. He would have spent the last year making sure his January 6 supporters had legal defenses that were paid for by Trump, whether fully or partially.  Maybe he goes to rallies and says 'I'm going to pay half their legal bills, and if you support me and them, you're going to show us by paying the other half!" but he would have personally been involved, and showing the rest of MAGA that he truly loves them.

He raked in hundreds of millions in donations and didn't do a fucking thing to help his supporters that were jailed/lost jobs/etc.

That's not a sign of somebody who is running again.

If Trump were to run again, I think he'd have done two things:
1. Show up in D.C. today.  His base thinks that Jan. 6, 2021, was a victory of some kind, pyrrhic or not, but it was some kind of victory in their eyes.  A few thousand people fought for him, literally and figuratively in D.C., and they sacrificed freedom, a couple of lives in some cases, their jobs, etc.
2. He would have spent the last year making sure his January 6 supporters had legal defenses that were paid for by Trump, whether fully or partially.  Maybe he goes to rallies and says 'I'm going to pay half their legal bills, and if you support me and them, you're going to show us by paying the other half!" but he would have personally been involved, and showing the rest of MAGA that he truly loves them.
He raked in hundreds of millions in donations and didn't do a fucking thing to help his supporters that were jailed/lost jobs/etc.
That's not a sign of somebody who is running again.
You act like Trump is a slick hustler. He bumbled and stumbled his way into everything. It was amazing to watch people be captivated by incompetence of that magnitude, but it's not carefully crafted. What you are suggesting would be a reasonable plan of action for success by reasonable people. This dumpsterfireclowncar is all Id responses to basic stimulus with no planning or empathy. Had Trump shown any self control, modesty or capacity for planning, he'd be lifetime king.

You ever chucked rocks at an amardillo at 3 am after a few Shiners? You don't hit them, you just steer them around however you want as they react to the rock hitting the ground they go the opposite way. That is what is steering Trump, whatever noises he hears and reacts to with his blind- ass world view.
  • Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

I tend to agree with your take and with your analogy, but please don't chuck rocks at or near armadillos any more .... that's just mean. 

And never walk up behind one and step on its tail, it will jump straight up and do a backflip right in your face.  No shit, happened to me when I was a kid.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

And never walk up behind one and step on its tail, it will jump straight up and do a backflip right in your face.  No shit, happened to me when I was a kid.

And if you or a friend fuck an armadillo, and start feeling sick a few days later, hop on a plane to China or anywhere outside of the US, and hang there until you’re feeling better, so that if anything arises from the sickness, they don’t trace it to you or a friend having fucked an armadillo.  

1 hour ago, AnTiM said:

How do you think so many wind up roadkill?  They see the headlights just in time for your car to be right over them when their natural fright reflex kicks in.  No shit, happened to me when I was a kid.  You try cleaning off the bottom of a 1988 Crown Vic after that.  No damn fun, I'll tell you whut.